Semi-final predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Russia vs Canada
Sweden Vs Czech Republic
Canada is not looking back after todays win. They will win this round of hockeys greatest rivalry. I'm trusting in Vokoun,the Czechs will knock the Swedes out.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Everest said:
Russia vs Canada
Sweden Vs Czech Republic
Canada is not looking back after todays win. They will win this round of hockeys greatest rivalry. I'm trusting in Vokoun,the Czechs will knock the Swedes out.
I'll pick the opposite. Zetterberg is poised for his breakout game of the tourney. Plus I see Nash and Thornton drying up against Russia. Not because the Russians have a great defense, just they'll have their off game and be sent to the bronze medal game.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
norrisnick said:
I'll pick the opposite. Zetterberg is poised for his breakout game of the tourney. Plus I see Nash and Thornton drying up against Russia. Not because the Russians have a great defense, just they'll have their off game and be sent to the bronze medal game.
Fair enough...It is a good point to question how the Big Red Carnivore and his brother Omnivore can sustain the goal-feast...but I must counter...I think they will be in on the scoresheet(again)but I also think we do have some guys who are ready to break out...much like Zetterberg...(by the way,your right he is due to "go off") But watching Swedens game today...he is really not a frightening player...Just not showing speed.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Everest said:
Russia vs Canada
Sweden Vs Czech Republic

Russia 4,Canada 3
Czechs 3,Sweden 1

mackdogs*

Canada > Russia 4-1
Czechs > Sweden 3-2

Setting up a C-country battle.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I see the semi's like this:

Canada 4 Russia 2
Czech 5 Sweden 2

Last edited by a moderator:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Everest said:
Russia vs Canada
Sweden Vs Czech Republic

Canada's goaltending and defence look to be better than Russias. Plus, Russia has a very young team. All signs point to Canada.

I say Czechs over Swedes as well. Czechs have been very focused. Swededn has shown lapses of intensity.How scary would it be if Czechoslovakia still existed ? :eek:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
octopi said:
Canada's goaltending and defence look to be better than Russias. Plus, Russia has a very young team. All signs point to Canada.

I say Czechs over Swedes as well. Czechs have been very focused. Swededn has shown lapses of intensity.How scary would it be if Czechoslovakia still existed ? :eek:
Yes,Its scary enough now that they are split up.
I think Canada will have plenty of offense in the semi final...but if we play the Czechs in the final...they will be the toughest challenge to score against.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Everest said:
Yes,Its scary enough now that they are split up.
I think Canada will have plenty of offense in the semi final...but if we play the Czechs in the final...they will be the toughest challenge to score against.

Definatly tougher than Russia or Slovakia, altho Russia has yet to lose a game....

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Knock it off with the ridiculous comments, threats, personal insults, etc. I'd also like to point out that if you think someone is trolling, you should report it, not make snide remarks about it. Posting snotty comments is as useless to these boards as trolling.

Off to edit half this thread...

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
There has been a lot of talk on how Canada's defense and Goaltending hasnt look good well guess what Russia's is even worse. Even if Canada allowed 4 goals against Slovakia, i think that the defense played its best game in terms of mistakes in their own zone and in general. 2 goals were breakaways due to long passes were u can see that Canadians arent just used to defend it and can be easily corrected , 5 on 3 and a misshap by Thornton. Canada should win this Unless the Russian offense go wild...

The other game is too close to call but the Czechs have the better overall team so i guess it should help at some point.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Russian D:
A. Markov, Karpovtsev, Kalinin, Gusev, Vyshedkevich, Ryazantsev, Proshkin
Russian Goalies:
Sokolov, Zvyagin

I kinda like Canada's chances in this game. If Chara couldn't stop the Nash-Thornton express, I don't see Markov doing it, either.
In any event, Canada's shooters will likely ventilate Sokolov, anyway.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Russia is the best opponent for Canada, imo. I don't see them beating the Czechs just yet, and Sweden is looking sharp. (How about my boy Danny's Goal today!) :handclap:

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Cool avatar (Bieksa is gold).
Sedin's goal was a thing of beauty...the twins have really impressed me in this tourney. Can't wait for the NHL to return so they can play with Bieksa, Kesler, Goren and the other Moose players likely to get a taste of NHL action!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I say Canada - Czech final as well. Canada is coming together, the Czechs are very strong. Both should win.

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
I would like to say that I think we'll beat Sweden tomorrow, but I cant. Czech team is terribly exhausted after that battle with US, while the Swedes will be fresh and motivated.

Otherwise, I expect Canada will beat the Russians high, about 5-1 or 5-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->