Semi-Annual Prospect Poll: #9 NYR Prospect

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
RW Jesper Fast is prospect #8. Fellow winger Andrew Yogan replaces him in the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. G Cameron Talbot
5. D Brady Skjei

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg
7. RW Danny Kristo
8. RW Jesper Fast

Jesper Fast
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Dec 2 1991 -- Nassjo, Sweden
Height 6.00 -- Weight 185 [183 cm/84 kg]

2013-14 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 11GP 2-5-7 8PIM

mAUu9MzOiN_Q_YoZ50Jkoyw.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersson, Calle
Beach, Kyle
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Graves, Ryan
Hughes, Tommy
Jean, Kyle
Kantor, Michael
Missiaen, Jason
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael
Skapski, Mackenzie
Spelling, Thomas
Stajcer, Scott
Tambellini, Adam
Wilson, Jason

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Allen is the easy choice here. He's almost certainly going to have a real NHL career, and has second pair potential.

Add St. Croix. Sure, he's been sent down to the ECHL, but he's the team's leading scorer. He has loads of offensive potential. Is he a high risk? Definitely. But he has a very high ceiling as well, and considering whether we are right now in the poll, adding him makes a lot of sense.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Voted Duclair. Impressive numbers on a meh team in the Q.

Add St. Croix.

Also, I wouldn't consider any of Buchnevich/Duclair/Allen projects really. Buch is playing in the KHL, Duke is tearing up the Q, and Allen has played well in the NHL. Any chance of extending the second tier by one?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Allen has to be the one for spot #9.

The additions are all garbage from here on out and don't matter. With that said, add MSC.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
It's close, but I go with Buchnevich over Allen and Duclair. He's playing and contributing in the second best league in the world as an 18 year old and was a stand out on the top line for Russia in the WJC.

Add Tambellini.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Not that high on Allen.

I rate Buchnevich and Duclair pretty much equal, so it sucks one of them is gonna be bumped out of the top-10 into the next tier :laugh:

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
I added Pavel Buchnevich. Impressive wc and maturing in KHL and MHL that is refreshing. Speed & skill to fit AV.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd take Allen over the last three let alone anyone left now.

He looks like a top 4 NHL d-man within the next two-three years. Those are hard to find. Could in time turn into a better skating version of Girardi.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Thank God Pashnin isn't available to be added. For years we had to deal with, "but he was drafted 1st overall in the KHL draft" from people don't know that it's essentially a waiver draft and nothing like the NHL Entry Draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad