Proposal: SELL SELL SELL. Trade Proposal and Trade Deadline talk continued!

Would you trade pick #2/3 for John Tavares?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pacioretty must go.

Bergevin simply can't stand path.

Question and wondering what most prefer... Set aside if you think Tavares has no chance at being a Habs. Lets say Tavares becomes a UFA and considers signing with us. What option do you prefer?

1. Keep Patch so we give our team the best shot at Tavares signing with us. In other words, Patch can play in our top 6 and Tavares would end up playing in any combo of Drouin, Galchenyuk, Patch, Gallagher, & Lehkonen. Maybe also Scherbak or Hudon if they continue to improve.

2. Keep Patch unless the offer is too good to refuse. Entertain a contract extension after July 1st to see what he is looking for

3. Trade Patch. Adding Tavares in our line-up does not help and we need a complete rebuild. Get what you can for Patch now.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Question and wondering what most prefer... Set aside if you think Tavares has no chance at being a Habs. Lets say Tavares becomes a UFA and considers signing with us. What option do you prefer?

1. Keep Patch so we give our team the best shot at Tavares signing with us. In other words, Patch can play in our top 6 and Tavares would end up playing in any combo of Drouin, Galchenyuk, Patch, Gallagher, & Lehkonen. Maybe also Scherbak or Hudon if they continue to improve.

2. Keep Patch unless the offer is too good to refuse.

3. Trade Patch. Adding Tavares in our line-up does not help and we need a complete rebuild.

Pretty sure Bergevin picks option 1 (if he is still GM). What do you pick?
I guess you're of the opinion that Tavares would turn us into an instant contender? I highly doubt that, he would turn us into a bubble team, how exciting, for the next few years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I guess you're of the opinion that Tavares would turn us into an instant contender? I highly doubt that, he would turn us into a bubble team, how exciting, for the next few years.

You guessed wrong. I don't think we would be an instant contender but I do think we can be a much better team and a fringe contender if we trade Pleky before the deadline, have a good draft with the many picks we have, and sign Tavares. I think we would then be missing one big piece on D and we would have to unload either Alzner or Shaw in order to free up the space to acquire that piece through a trade or UFA signing. Imagine adding McDonaugh in the summer of 2019? You don't think he considers signing with the Habs if we have Tavares, Price, Weber, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Patch, Gallagher, etc.

One piece at a time my friend. And you didn't provide your choice?

You think we would be a bubble team when we were already a bubble team last year with Radulov? Tavares > Radulov

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Trade Patch.

If Tavares comes here, good. Say, we traded Pacioretty for Roslovic, next year you could have :

X-Tavares-Drouin
X-Roslovic-Galchenyuk

I prefer this than patioready

Reactions: Miller Time

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Can't wait to see the collective discontent on the board when the trade doesn't happen or does but the package isn't up to the standard of what posters wanted. Months or years of fun to come!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Trade Patch.

If Tavares comes here, good. Say, we traded Pacioretty for Roslovic, next year you could have :

X-Tavares-Drouin
X-Roslovic-Galchenyuk

I prefer this than patioready

Try it without Tavares:

X-Danault -Drouin
X-Roslovic-Galchenyuk

Also, Roslovic has done NOTHING to show he's ready to be an NHL centre, In 9 NHL games he has 1 point and is -5. Not exactly someone who will have the coaching staff's full support.

Also, you'd have a better chance of signing Tavares with Patches than without.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

2. Keep Patch unless the offer is too good to refuse. Entertain a contract extension after July 1st to see what he is looking for

3. Trade Patch. Adding Tavares in our line-up does not help and we need a complete rebuild. Get what you can for Patch now.

You can't build on dreams.
You have 3.5% chances of landing Tavares, you don't go all in with a 3.5% odds.

Drouin, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Hudon, Byron, Lehkonen, Deslauriers, Carr
How many left winger do you need?

It's should not be about trading Pacioretty....
It's should be about Bergevin doing his job and get what this organisation NEED.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Can't wait to see the collective discontent on the board when the trade doesn't happen or does but the package isn't up to the standard of what posters wanted. Months or years of fun to come!

And that's the thing....somehow we all want a trade....but we have to deal with the fact that it's Bergevin who is going to do it......Bad feelings all around....OBVIOUSLY, I would do NOTHING till he is replaced. But we have to deal with the reality that Molson is probably a stupid idiot....and he just made my list....

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You can't build on dreams.
You have 3.5% chances of landing Tavares, you don't go all in with a 3.5% odds.

Drouin, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Hudon, Byron, Lehkonen, Deslauriers, Carr
How many left winger do you need?

It's should not be about trading Pacioretty....
It's should be about Bergevin doing his job and get what this organisation NEED.

So you pick option 3 right?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Sadly, those are the two most likely options given we have one of the worst GM's in the league making the decision

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Try it without Tavares:

X-Danault -Drouin
X-Roslovic-Galchenyuk

Also, Roslovic has done NOTHING to show he's ready to be an NHL centre, In 9 NHL games he has 1 point and is -5. Not exactly someone who will have the coaching staff's full support.

Also, you'd have a better chance of signing Tavares with Patches than without.

That looks great for a team in our situation & a significant improvement on what we have today....

Saying patches improved our shot at tavares is like saying buying a lottery ticket improved your chance at winning a million dollars.... True, but rather misleading

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Patches, Shaw, pleks, schlemko, Benn, Byron...

That's could and should translate into a bevy of picks & prospects that would greatly expedite our re-tooling.

Reactions: BxR and Runner77

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Clear as water in Montreal, to many player bringing the same skill set IMO.
Guys playing the wrong chair EI depth defense playing top pairing minutes, wingers playing centers and 4th liner playing top line....
What choice does the coach have?
No real depth in the AHL or prospect poll and a team completely flat out out of sync
This GM build this team that no coach could get the ball rolling....

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Tavares would be insane to come here now.
He is not coming to Montreal, Bergevin defenders cling to this notion as a means to justify the idiots decision to gut the team and leave us with the cap space needed to sign Tavares. They say Radulov left because of taxes but no worries, JT will willingly pay more taxes just so he can come to Montreal and play on the wing next to Plekanec.:laugh:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Tavares would be an idiot to come here. If he does it's only because he would be offered a ridiculous offer and he wouldn't really acre about winning. The Islanders are better built then us going forward and they will have a new building in a couple of years.

The first move this team needs to make is to FIRE BERGEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Trade Pacioretty because this team and the prospect pool both suck and needs multiple pieces.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017

Trade Pacioretty 100% and restock your farm system with young prospects and draft picks,if you want to do a quick retool you could easily replace Pacioretty by signing Josh Bailey or another free agent.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Trade Pacioretty because this team and the prospect pool both suck and needs multiple pieces.

I was on that boat a month or so ago. However, I do think we should keep our Tavares door open and I don't believe our prospect pool sucks. I just think we need reinforcements and the next draft is going to help big time... especially with the top 10 pick (or better).

I'm all for trading Patch but only if the deal is worth it. If we get low ball offers, I rather keep him and see what we can get at the draft or see how much he wants for a contract extension after July 1st. If he want's too much (more than 5 years at $6M), We then trade him before trade deadline 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->