TSN: Sekeres: Markstrom wont sign with Edmonton or Detroit- updated with podcast link and post #361

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
A lot of people are talking like Edmonton would or should be in the running to sign Markstrom but for the leak...
Excuse me but is this the same Edmonton that has 7.6M in cap space and only has 16 players under contract? Or are we talking about a different Edmonton?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Edmonton and Calgary were neck and neck in negotiations for signing Markstrom. Looks like he went to the Flames. Don't know for sure the numbers yet but I hear they are high.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Edmonton and Calgary were neck and neck in negotiations for signing Markstrom. Looks like he went to the Flames. Don't know for sure the numbers yet but I hear they are high.
My guess is 6X6, which is .5M more AAV and one year longer term than I wanted. I hear it's not done yet on 960 though right now.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

Probably for the best tbh. Not really that high on him at those numbers. Doesn't he also want a NMC?

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Probably for the best tbh. Not really that high on him at those numbers. Doesn't he also want a NMC?

I really dont think Edmonton was every a choice. His agent may have used them to try and leverage cgy and vancouver. However theres been multiple reports that he was never moving to Edmonton

Reactions: North Cole

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I don't get this headline. Edmonton is not in a rebuild, they are pretty close to being a contender if they could work out the goalie situation and stabilize the blue line. Calgary is rumored to be trading Johnny Hockeyless, they are a lot closer to a rebuild than Edmonton is since Giordano is getting up there in age and the decline is inevitable.

Congrats to Calgary though, decent signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad