Injury Report: Sekera Recalled!!

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
It's been well reported and commented on that his knee brace really messed with him and his mobility when he came back. He had it off for the world championships and looked much better.
I was about to say he looked good at the world championships. I still have hope.

Reactions: nabob

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The other issue is he himself talked about how missing training camp and joining mid-season left him so far behind.

Mobility or no mobility being thrown in after a few games in the AHL isn't going to be good.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I'd choose Sekera at 50% over Benning, Manning, etc. any day of the week.

CzMhIwO.gif

Love the guy and we forget how much he meant to us that year. Still just don't think he can come back from all those injuries and be effective. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
Can anyone watching the games tonight and tomorrow give an update of Sekera?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
A couple of additional observations so far....forgot how smart Sekera is. Makes good plays with and without the puck.
He looks like he has lost a step speed wise but his skating looks quite fluid. His mobility looks quite good.

Even at this early stage...at this level of play he would be a definite plus on the bottom pairing IMO.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Listening in on radio feed. 1/2 into 3rd sekera takes a penalty to prevent a 2-0 breakaway.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
They won, only 1 goal against and sekera was not on the ice for that goal. That is a fine return. Solid game, showed his smarts, experience and vision. I have not written Sekera off, I’m betting he’ll be playing and upgrading our #5 dman minutes two weeks from now.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Listening in on radio feed. 1/2 into 3rd sekera takes a penalty to prevent a 2-0 breakaway.

Yeah...the puck went around the boards and over his stick in the offensive zone....Sekera stuck his leg out to stop the San Jose player from getting to the puck. Tripping penalty but a good penalty IMO.

Reactions: thadd

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sounds like he had a good game. Stauffer was saying he’s lost his explosiveness a few weeks ago but perhaps he’s made enough progress to be effective at the NHL level in a bottom pair. He’d be a massive upgrade there and sorely needed.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Sounds like he had a good game. Stauffer was saying he’s lost his explosiveness a few weeks ago but perhaps he’s made enough progress to be effective at the NHL level in a bottom pair. He’d be a massive upgrade there and sorely needed.

That's something that will take time to build back up. He has been injured for quite some time with injuries that restricted from training his legs hence the obvious issues

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Does anybody understand, how is this all LTIR process calculated?

I followed the instruction on Capfriendly, but im very confused how did they come to their numbers.

Oilers team

LTIR FAQ

They paid Chia millions to understand this stuff and he couldn’t. All I can tell you is one Alex Petrovic + one Brandon Manning - one Drake Caggulia does not = cap flexibility. Everyone but Chia knew that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Love the guy and we forget how much he meant to us that year. Still just don't think he can come back from all those injuries and be effective. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

I've never even understood what people have seen in this player. I always thought he was poorly suited for the intense WC, pacific division forecheck and has trouble handling the apes. He isn't particularly strong, isn't particularly skilled. I could see him excelling at a lower rung of hockey but at this point he's done at this level and has looked like it for a longtime. The last time he even had a good game was the 16-17 season and it was the only year here when he was good for us.

Its odd that for weeks people are talking about how the team will be better with Klef back and then he's back and now its talk about Sekera. The reality is, if you've seen Sekera skate at all the last coupld months we're probably better off with Gravel, or even Petrovic.

Really for Sekera to take several months after skating in a no contact Jersey to getting back in games is incredibly foretelling. Its basically clear indication that the progress has been interminably slow or not significant.

Wouldn't surprise me to hear he's completely done before the season is out.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I've never even understood what people have seen in this player. I always thought he was poorly suited for the intense WC, pacific division forecheck and has trouble handling the apes. He isn't particularly strong, isn't particularly skilled. I could see him excelling at a lower rung of hockey but at this point he's done at this level and has looked like it for a longtime. The last time he even had a good game was the 16-17 season and it was the only year here when he was good for us.

Its odd that for weeks people are talking about how the team will be better with Klef back and then he's back and now its talk about Sekera. The reality is, if you've seen Sekera skate at all the last coupld months we're probably better off with Gravel, or even Petrovic.

Really for Sekera to take several months after skating in a no contact Jersey to getting back in games is incredibly foretelling. Its basically clear indication that the progress has been interminably slow or not significant.

Wouldn't surprise me to hear he's completely done before the season is out.
If you watched his AHL game last night your would be embarassed last night. He looked absolutely fine. By the end of the conditioning stint he will be ready to replace the trash on our bottom pairing.

space321

May 11, 2011
Sekera was a big reason that 16-17 team went as far as they did. I'm still optimistic he'll be a better option than Manning/Gravel.

Reactions: Consultant

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Does anybody understand, how is this all LTIR process calculated?

I followed the instruction on Capfriendly, but im very confused how did they come to their numbers.

Oilers team

LTIR FAQ

Sending down Malone and Pulju should cover that. Leaves them with 12 forwards, 9 defencemen, and the 2 goalies.

Got to think one or two of Manning, Benning or Petrovic are moved at the deadline though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad