Value of: Sekera, Puljujarvi, 2019 1st + 2nd for a Defenseman

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Tanev but its conditional. If he plays say 70+ games next year that 1st stays as a 1st in 2019 but if plays less it turns to a 2nd. That takes care of the injury concern

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Well, you have to consider that this isn’t he 2016-17 version of Sekera, who was a bonafide #2 defenceman who was solid in all three zones. 2017-18 Sekera looked old, immobile, and inept both offensively and defensively. His negative value right now would somewhat offset Puljujarvi’s value, and 39th overall is... eh?

My guess is you’d be looking more in the Severson+ or Demers+ tier of defenceman. Maybe a Pysyk+.

Just Puljujarvi and a 2nd would have more value than attaching Sekera’s contract at the moment. The smarter move is to give the shinpad assassin a full offseason to train and get the strength in his leg back, and hope he rebounds. He was so damned good in 16-17, it was really hard to watch him struggle so badly this year.

Just checking your post above, you are saying take the 19 1st and Sekera out for one of Severson/Demers/Pysyk +?
What exactly do you see as the plus as? Pick/Prospect/Rostered player? I am intrigued.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I would do Faulk for this yr and next yr 2nd
Barrie I would be interested in over Faulk as I think Faulk has to be sheltered on the 3rd pairing
Would give this yrs 1st for Barrie if we don’t win the lottery
Klefbom, Larsson
Nurse, Barrie
Russel, Sekera
Benning,
If Sekera comes back to himself then we are really deep on dmen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad