Seider to play this year in Sweden?

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Yzerman is basically confirming that if Seider goes to the SHL, it’s for the entire season.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yzerman is basically confirming that if Seider goes to the SHL, it’s for the entire season.

It's for their entire season, meaning he probably shows up for game 30 of the Wings season...

I think it is probably a sound move and he wants to go there himself from the sounds of things. Wish we could have got him to Veleno's team or just a little better team when I cruised their roster. But we will see, I think it is a good deal he is playing. Trading in some of the start of the season to get him playing for a bunch of months and developing is ideal.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
AHL must be in quite the entanglement...

upload_2020-10-7_19-55-59.png

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Rögle is the team of Ängelholm, a small town in the south of Sweden. Living there will give him plenty of time to focus on improving his game

Reactions: Matte99

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Rögle is the team of Ängelholm, a small town in the south of Sweden. Living there will give him plenty of time to focus on improving his game

So he is going to be bored away from the rink, hehe?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Get him playing, sounds like a good plan. And I wouldn't hold my breath on the 20-21 NHL season happening.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
German NHL-prospect Moritz Seider is ready to play for Rögle BK for the rest of the season. The 19-year-old defenceman was selected as the sixth player overall in last summer's draft by the Detroit Red Wings. Now the NHL club is loaning Seider to Rögle this season.

- We as an association are happy and proud of the confidence the Detroit Red Wings show us by letting us be part of developing Moritz Seider into a future stable NHL player. Moritz is a two-way, right-handed defenceman that is very mobile and has a good shot from blue line, says Rögle's sports director Chris Abbott.

Moritz Seider is one of German hockey's biggest future names. The well-grown right-handed defenceman, 192 cm height and 94 kg heavy, was chosen in the first round as the sixth player overall by the Detroit Red Wings in the summer of 2019. This after a successful season where Moritz under 18-19 managed to become German senior champion with Adler Mannheim and play the World Champs for Germany.

The Detroit Red Wings have high expectations of their young defender, last season he played for the Grand Rapid Farm Team in the AHL and the idea was to start the season in German Adler Mannheim. But the German league does not yet know when to start, so instead Detroit chooses to place its back in Rögle to get playing time and continue its development towards an NHL player.

- "It has gone pretty fast for me but I am overjoyed and grateful that it was resolved so I get the opportunity to play ice hockey again. I am happy to come to Rögle and to a good organization where I get opportunities to develop and play hockey at a high level, says Moritz Seider in a comment."

Earlier this week, Rögle loaned forward Ben Smith from Adler Mannheim as a replacement for the injured Adam Tambellini.
- It will be fun to see Ben again, we played together in Mannheim when we became champions. And then I know coach Cory Murphy who was coach of the German national team during the 2019 World Cup, says Moritz.

Facts / Moritz Seider
Born: April 6, 2001 in Zell, Germany
Length / weight: 192 cm / 94 kg
Position: Back
Shoots: Right
Youth Association: EHC Erfurt
International matches: 6 A (World Cup for Germany 2019), 48 J.
Drafted: First round (6th overall) 2019 by Detroit.

Career: German great talent who had his big breakthrough in the 18-19 season when Moritz took a regular place in the DEL team Adler Mannheim and became German champion, made his debut later in the spring in the German A national team and played the World Cup. Drafted in the summer of 2019 by Detroit as the sixth player in total, played last season in Detroit's grandfather team Grand Rapid where he accounted for 22 points (2 + 20) in 49 games.

Current: Ready for play in Rögle BK this season, on loan from Detroit Red Wings.

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
I think the bigger rink will be great for Seider's development. In the same way the AHL really brought out his physicality, I'm hoping the big rink lets him go for a skate with the puck now and then. Looks like Gelinas will be the main obstacle for PP time.

Reactions: Unfriendly Ghost
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
German NHL-prospect Moritz Seider is ready to play for Rögle BK for the rest of the season. The 19-year-old defenceman was selected as the sixth player overall in last summer's draft by the Detroit Red Wings. Now the NHL club is loaning Seider to Rögle this season.

- We as an association are happy and proud of the confidence the Detroit Red Wings show us by letting us be part of developing Moritz Seider into a future stable NHL player. Moritz is a two-way, right-handed defenceman that is very mobile and has a good shot from blue line, says Rögle's sports director Chris Abbott.

Moritz Seider is one of German hockey's biggest future names. The well-grown right-handed defenceman, 192 cm height and 94 kg heavy, was chosen in the first round as the sixth player overall by the Detroit Red Wings in the summer of 2019. This after a successful season where Moritz under 18-19 managed to become German senior champion with Adler Mannheim and play the World Champs for Germany.

The Detroit Red Wings have high expectations of their young defender, last season he played for the Grand Rapid Farm Team in the AHL and the idea was to start the season in German Adler Mannheim. But the German league does not yet know when to start, so instead Detroit chooses to place its back in Rögle to get playing time and continue its development towards an NHL player.

- "It has gone pretty fast for me but I am overjoyed and grateful that it was resolved so I get the opportunity to play ice hockey again. I am happy to come to Rögle and to a good organization where I get opportunities to develop and play hockey at a high level, says Moritz Seider in a comment."

Earlier this week, Rögle loaned forward Ben Smith from Adler Mannheim as a replacement for the injured Adam Tambellini.
- It will be fun to see Ben again, we played together in Mannheim when we became champions. And then I know coach Cory Murphy who was coach of the German national team during the 2019 World Cup, says Moritz.

Facts / Moritz Seider
Born: April 6, 2001 in Zell, Germany
Length / weight: 192 cm / 94 kg
Position: Back
Shoots: Right
Youth Association: EHC Erfurt
International matches: 6 A (World Cup for Germany 2019), 48 J.
Drafted: First round (6th overall) 2019 by Detroit.

Career: German great talent who had his big breakthrough in the 18-19 season when Moritz took a regular place in the DEL team Adler Mannheim and became German champion, made his debut later in the spring in the German A national team and played the World Cup. Drafted in the summer of 2019 by Detroit as the sixth player in total, played last season in Detroit's grandfather team Grand Rapid where he accounted for 22 points (2 + 20) in 49 games.

Current: Ready for play in Rögle BK this season, on loan from Detroit Red Wings.
It's good to see that the coach in Rogle will be familiar to him. That's the same coach that gave him a lot of minutes at the WC in his draft year. It seems like a safe bet that Seider will play a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad