News Article: Seider article

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Moritz Seider adjusting to life in the Swedish Hockey League

Excerpts:

"
Seider's team earned a 2-0 victory over Veleno's Redhawks, with Seider earning an assist in the matchup. The defenseman said he had a chance to lay a big hit on his former roommate during the game, but thought better of it.
"I thought about it! I had a chance one time, but I was just saying hello in a nice way," Seider said jokingly about dropping the hammer on Veleno. "It was really interesting playing against your roommate from last year. He does a hell of a job in Malmo. We had a chance to play against each other once, so I'm looking forward to the other matches. It was obviously a little weird playing against him. You for sure notice him because of his skill."

"While Seider and Veleno continue growing their relationship and developing their games in Sweden, Seider said he's eager to get back to the U.S. to begin cultivating relationships with current Red Wings players.

The Zell, Germany native is excited for the chance to play with his countryman, goaltender Thomas Greiss, who the Wings signed this offseason to replace Jimmy Howard.
"I'm really looking forward to finally having a German on (my) team. I've always been a fan of Thomas Greiss," Seider said. "He achieved a lot of things with the Islanders, and his whole career has been remarkable. It's great having him on (my) side now, and I can't wait to meet him."
And while Seider is excited to interact with Greiss and the rest of his Red Wings teammates, he said he's mostly looking forward to performing for the fans of Hockeytown as soon as possible."

Last edited:

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
He's such a pro already, it's incredible. He knows he'll be in the NHL to stay sooner than later. He has #1 potential IMO.
Seider is basically point per game in the SHL as a 19 year old dman. I would say the debate has shifted from "will he be a #1" to "when will he be a #1 in the NHL." You add in his defense with his offense coming around this year and he's a player that you can build a defensive core around.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's such a pro already, it's incredible. He knows he'll be in the NHL to stay sooner than later. He has #1 potential IMO.

2018-19 - DEL pro
2019-20 - AHL pro
2020-21 - SHL pro

Seider could be young at age but he has already played his "ELC" - three years at men's level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad