Confirmed with Link: Seidenberg extended 4yrs/16m

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Hahahahaha :laugh: Seriously, how the hell does Chiarelli do it?

Normally with a NTC I'd be a little concerned, as with Kells and Pevs, but for 4m cap hit? You're talking 5.5 EASY on the free market for him. I was worried we weren't going to be able to re-sign him due to money. This is just pure genius. I would have laughed if you told me 4m. Absolutely worth it, what a deal. So happy to have Seids locked up for another 5. :handclap:

The NTC and the fact that he's going to be in a winning situation with a core that he's been with for quite a while probably has a good amount to do with it. If we do well this season I can't see how Chiarelli doesn't get GM of the Year. ******** he hasn't yet.

Don't believe for a second that Seidenberg has forgotten about the summer that he ALMOST went without an NHL contract before the Panthers picked him up in the middle of September for a one-year deal. Toiling for an entire off-season, only to sign with one of the most disfunctional (at the time) teams in the NHL. Job security after a situation like that (criminal for a player as great as he is) probably means a hell of a lot to him.

So happy that Chiarelli made that deal (also netted the B's Matt Bartkowski) and that he's managed to keep Seids around.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I can never get a read on you :laugh:

One post you sound like a black and gold pom pom waiver.

The next you sound like Callabo Blanco/Jack Edwards/Tyler Seguin

sorry Brain, its a decent deal. I just wanted to see the kids play, just like Spooner should have made the squad.

Mr. Make-Believe

James Wisniewski 5.5
Matt Carle 5.5
Dennis Wideman 5.25
Mark Streit 5.25
Sergei Gonchar 5
Jason Garrison 4.6
Fedor Tyutin 4.5

Yeah, I'm glad this guy didn't hit the open market. And those are all the last couple years. So it's not like Bouwmeester who's just been disappointing since his deal.

Seidenberg is at least one head better than each and every one of the players on this list.

Mr. Make-Believe

I'm torn on this...

On one hand, how could you not want to sign a stalwart defender like Seidenberg?

On the other, I'm excited that the Bruins are moving towards a more mobile and active defense and I like the idea of having a skilled puckmover in every pair. But to do that with Seidenberg in the fold long-term it probably means Boychuk's time is limited. And how could you not want to keep a warrior like Boychuk?

How do you feel about it now?

tom nuetten

Mar 24, 2011
Germany
That´s the way I expected Seidenberg would sign the contract..

he is not a guy who´s looking for most money, he wants to feel comfortable with the guys and the city and the ntc is big for him...

long time he was a journeyman and I think he wanted to be sure that he stays at one plays for a "long" time...

:handclap:

happy to see seidenberg remain a bruin :yo:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I like Seids but not sure what PC is doing. Especially the NTC is mind numbing

Bartowski is ready to play. Not as strong defensively but definitely brings more to the table in terms of skating and offensive capabilities.

mikeybuddha91

Dec 8, 2008
I wanted him at 3 and 5 per. Great deal. Extra year for a reduced hit and ntc. I'm with it, but something is gonna give in the next year. Wonder what Boychuk is thinking right now. He's a 5m guy on the market but no way WE pay him more than Seids... Right?

OutspokenMinority*

yeeeikes. he's been on the downside and has lost more battles than he's won the last year plus.

another overpay/overcommitment.

Mr. Make-Believe

I wanted him at 3 and 5 per. Great deal. Extra year for a reduced hit and ntc. I'm with it, but something is gonna give in the next year. Wonder what Boychuk is thinking right now. He's a 5m guy on the market but no way WE pay him more than Seids... Right?

I hadn't been considering that.

I think the Bruins may have made their choice there.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
:handclap: Solid signing for Boston and now they only have 3 players scheduled to be UFA's after this season - Jarome Iginla, Shawn Thornton and Chad Johnson.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Fair deal. I wonder what will happen with the kids though... and if they keep proving themselves, if Boychuk or McQuaid are on their way out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->