Confirmed with Link: Seidenberg extended 4yrs/16m

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Pretty surprising actually. Woulda thought that with not a lot of cap space, we'd want Krug, McQuaid, Bart and Dougie as our bottom 4 next year, all pretty cheap. Wonder if a dman gets moved if neither of Krug/Bart pull a Hunwick.

Great deal though. Not complaining at all.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This is an absurdly good deal. The guy could very easily make over $5 million on the open market. Second favorite Bruin after Bergeron. SO glad he's sticking around!

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
James Wisniewski 5.5
Matt Carle 5.5
Dennis Wideman 5.25
Mark Streit 5.25
Sergei Gonchar 5
Jason Garrison 4.6
Fedor Tyutin 4.5

Yeah, I'm glad this guy didn't hit the open market. And those are all the last couple years. So it's not like Bouwmeester who's just been disappointing since his deal.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Chiarelli is a ****ing genius.

This is an absolute steal for a guy like Seidenberg NOW and will look downright criminal in the last two years. As far as people concerned about him wearing down, the guy works out like a tank and has a Chara-like workout regimine. German engineering, baby.

Long live the Hammer.

member 96824

meh.. overpaid and aging not impressed. Sorry to be debbie downer

I can never get a read on you :laugh:

One post you sound like a black and gold pom pom waiver.

The next you sound like Callabo Blanco/Jack Edwards/Tyler Seguin

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Hahahahaha :laugh: Seriously, how the hell does Chiarelli do it?

Normally with a NTC I'd be a little concerned, as with Kells and Pevs, but for 4m cap hit? You're talking 5.5 EASY on the free market for him. I was worried we weren't going to be able to re-sign him due to money. This is just pure genius. I would have laughed if you told me 4m. Absolutely worth it, what a deal. So happy to have Seids locked up for another 5. :handclap:

The NTC and the fact that he's going to be in a winning situation with a core that he's been with for quite a while probably has a good amount to do with it. If we do well this season I can't see how Chiarelli doesn't get GM of the Year. ******** he hasn't yet.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Good deal for a damn good player

Bruins d-line is stacked. I honestly figured Seids was the odd man out with Bart and Krug looking like solid defensemen, but I trust Chiarelli has a plan.

Nice job Chia

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
Seids is what 32? This is a good deal for both. Seids stays where he wants and we get stability and at cheap price going forward. I would say that one of the young pups is on the chopping block for a trade this year. most likely bart. But never count McQuad, or Boychuck getting dealt.

member 96824

Good deal for a damn good player

Bruins d-line is stacked. I honestly figured Seids was the odd man out with Bart and Krug looking like solid defensemen, but I trust Chiarelli has a plan.

Nice job Chia

Yeah..I'm assuming that plan shows Boychuk the door at some point now.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Hahahahaha :laugh: Seriously, how the hell does Chiarelli do it?

Chia : Dennis, lets talk contract.
Dennis : Sure
Chia : You can probably get 5 to 6 mill out on the open market from some team like Fla,
or North Carolina. Remember what it was like playing for them?
Dennis : 5 to 6 is nice, but playing for them was like playing in hell. What can you offer?
Chia: How about 4 mill for 4 years, on a stacked team, that has the core signed for several more years, and players like to play here and come here.
Dennis: Where do I sign.

Those who think he is aging, who isn't ?
Those who think he is old, how old are you ? I'm betting 24 and under.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->