Confirmed with Link: Seidenberg extended 4yrs/16m

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
With Seidenberg re-upped, the Bruins, will not have any big free agents to resign this year outside of the Iginla/RW forward slot. Core of the team locked up long term.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
awesome deal. Chia is incredible. Anyone who thinks this isn't below market value isn't paying attention.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I have to admit I am skeptical of the need for the NTC. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us around years 3 or 4.

the NTC brings the cap number down (except when it comes to chris kelly, who obviously has revealing photos of possibly the entire front office)

Heisenberg77

Jan 8, 2007
Pete Chiarelli continues to be the most consistent GM I've seen in recent memory in regards to re-signing his players (and at relatively better than market expectation) and proving that players feel incredibly comfortable here.

Love this front office.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Solid. :handclap:

bos_g_seidenberg_600.jpg

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Wow, that's really a terrific deal for the Bruins.

Ference got 3.25 per year, and I know it was on the open market and the Oilers had a need, but I think Seids is a decent amount better than Ference, and I love Ference.

I'm not sure what the cap looks like next year, but Boychuk will be on the last year of a deal that pays him 3.36 AAV. I wonder if he will need to be moved in the off-season to make cap room and to make room on the roster for the younger defenseman.

Good deal...interesting to see how they view this d-core moving forward.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Wow, that's really a terrific deal for the Bruins.

Ference got 3.25 per year, and I know it was on the open market and the Oilers had a need, but I think Seids is a decent amount better than Ference, and I love Ference.

I'm not sure what the cap looks like next year, but Boychuk will be on the last year of a deal that pays him 3.36 AAV. I wonder if he will need to be moved in the off-season to make cap room and to make room on the roster for the younger defenseman.

Good deal...interesting to see how they view this d-core moving forward.

Probably around 4.2-4.5 AAV for Johnny Rocket, which would be fine by me. You can't count on the cap going up forever but I can't imagine it's not at least at around 70-72m in two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->