Seguin Vs Matthews

• Seguin

• Matthews

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Seguin is in his prime for those next 3 years. If he plays in them the way he is playing this year then he is easily the choice here. Leafs fans will overwhelm this vote for Matthews though and it likely won't end up close due to the amount of them on here. Long term? Matthews probably. For the next 3 years? Seguin easily. I also don't trust Matthews to stay healthy

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
3 seasons makes it close for Seguin. If Matthews is anywhere near the beast he was last season in the playoffs especially if the Leafs end up beating someone like the Bruins and Matthews edges out Bergeron then you could realistically make a case for him

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I was very big on Seguin the past few years and kept waiting/expecting him to take the next big step. Like Kane did 2 years ago. Or Benn. Or Mackinnon this year. I feel he hasn't, and i've now become underwhelmed by him. I thought he would for sure be blowing the scoring race wide open, winning a ross or coming really close, but he hasn't and isn't close.

I'd pick Matthews.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I was very big on Seguin the past few years and kept waiting/expecting him to take the next big step. Like Kane did 2 years ago. Or Benn. Or Mackinnon this year. I feel he hasn't, and i've now become underwhelmed by him. I thought he would for sure be blowing the scoring race wide open, winning a ross or coming really close, but he hasn't and isn't close.

I'd pick Matthews.

Seguin is playing by far the best hockey of his career this year, and especially right now. Safe to say he has taken that next step into becoming one of the best two-way centers in the game.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Seguin is playing by far the best hockey of his career this year, and especially right now. Safe to say he has taken that next step into becoming one of the best two-way centers in the game.

Okay maybe. I don't watch Dallas games. I also honestly could care less about two way play. He's a center, and an offensive oriented one, and I find his offensive output very underwhelming (especially this season with so many forwards scoring so much, I would have expected him to be one of those).

I pick Matthews based on that

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Okay maybe. I don't watch Dallas games. I also honestly could care less about two way play. He's a center, and an offensive oriented one, and I find his offensive output very underwhelming (especially this season with so many forwards scoring so much, I would have expected him to be one of those).

I pick Matthews based on that

They literally have the same PPG with Seguin having larger sample-size. If you couldn't care less (still amazes me how often native speakers get the phrase wrong) about two way play, what's the rationale of picking Matthews first?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
They literally have the same PPG with Seguin having larger sample-size. If you couldn't care less (still amazes me how often native speakers get the phrase wrong) about two way play, what's the rationale of picking Matthews first?

He's all about points and Matthews. He doesn't realize that players change and develop to grow their 2-way game, and that a 2-way center in today's game is almost crucial to success. (Exception: Crosby/Malkin). Even if Seguin had a higher points output he'd still pick Matthews.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Matthews isn't better at all lol. Seguin is playing lights out this season and his 2-way game is considerably better. You guys need to chill with Matthews lol you'd try to make an argument that he is better than Crosby too after 1 and a half seasons
How can anyone argue with this goliath of logic and impartiality?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Is he though? Seguin has been playing superb.
True, but so has Matthews. He has a slightly higher PPG despite only having 7 powerplay points (Seguin has 19), which bodes well for him going forward. He's also got Seguin beat in gf% and xgf% leading me to believe he's better defensively. Finally, he's a sophomore who's been plagued by injury this season so it's more likely for him to improve on his play going into next year and moving forward than Seguin

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Matthews isn't better at all lol. Seguin is playing lights out this season and his 2-way game is considerably better. You guys need to chill with Matthews lol you'd try to make an argument that he is better than Crosby too after 1 and a half seasons

Matthews doesn't play between Benn and Radulov... also good for Seguin for finally sorting out his 2 way game, took Matthews a few games... Oh has Seguin scored 40 goals?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
weird how his two way game is better but the stats don't back that up at all

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Matthews doesn't play between Benn and Radulov... also good for Seguin for finally sorting out his 2 way game, took Matthews a few games... Oh has Seguin scored 40 goals?

No but if he spent more time right in front of the net like Matthews deflecting pucks or tapping them into a basically empty net I'm sure he would. He's more of a shooter from distance. Benn/Radulov deal with the loose pucks down low. Come back when Matthews kills penalties. Until then his 2-way game isn't on the same level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->