Speculation: Seguin v. Panarin

Seguin or Panarin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Let's say both hit free agency next summer, which is becoming more and more of a possibility. Who would be more sought after, yes Seguin is a center, but for a team that was looking for a real star. Who would you rather have?

This also goes for Ranger fans, which guy would you rather sign?

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Seguin would get more interest and is better, but on buffalo i'd rather have Panarin next to eichel

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
In a vacuum Seguin gets the attention and the offers.
In reality, team need changes that, though Seguin is still the preferred choice.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
They are similar players most teams I would think want the center over the winger. Very few teams need top wingers over top centers.

Although I think my leafs could use panarin more then Seguin.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
For me it comes down to position and taking the center over the winger.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Let's say both hit free agency next summer, which is becoming more and more of a possibility. Who would be more sought after, yes Seguin is a center, but for a team that was looking for a real star. Who would you rather have?

Both (;

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Rather go after Panarin as leafs are already stacked at center.

Yup. The players are pretty comparable; it really just comes down to the team. Toronto has 3 fantastic goal scoring centers already, but they only have two strong playmaking wingers; Kadri’s wingers appear to be lacking going into the season. A superstar playmaking wing would be a much better addition for Toronto.

Meanwhile, a team like San Jose, who is lacking a #1C both in the short term and the long term, and who has more pure playmakers on the roster than goal scorers, would be better off going with Seguin.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
The results of this poll should illustrate why C is always more valuable than wing when all else is equal.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Panarin for the fact he can take over a game himself. Seguin is a beast and my team personally would benefit from him more then bread likely becauae we need a 1A to our 1B right now but personally the player I like more and think is the better game breaker is Panarin.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

Seguin is a centre, a better player, and more of a "star" than Panarin is.

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
I like both, but I have a feeling that Panarin is going to elevate his game even more in the upcoming year.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
PANARIN by far is the better player. His rookie year he scored 30 goals and had 89 points and has consistently put up those numbers each and every year. Seguin is a good player but he has just recently over the past few years put up good numbers.

PANARIN is also a game breaker and he is clearly a 100 point plus guy . It's a shame after 2 years Chicago traded him if he was still here you'd see him and Kane each with a 100 points.

But he is still,producing at a insane level for not having the same quality of players on his line. That shows he is the better player.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Panarin, 30, 31, 27 (with CBJ last year)
Seguin since he has been in the league:
BOS 11,39,16 (48 game schedule, translates to 27)
DAL 37,33,26,40
Seguin scored the equivalent of 77 goals in his first three seasons and 136 since.
AP scored 88 in his first three years and time will tell.

I still take Seguin. Surprisingly, he is a bit younger than AP despite his longer resume.

I think if somehow the Stars got AP and lost Seguin, they would be disappointed, but he is sure a great addition (if we can have both this year) and not a bad replacement. He probably has more highlight reel goals than Tyler

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I've noticed the C vs W debate here, with some preferring Panarin because their team has plenty of centers. Seguin plays wing also. He is that center who actually can move to the wing and still contribute.

I do get the different type of player debate though. Panarin and Seguin's offensive games are pretty different and offer different things.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Being able to run Seguin, ROR, and Schenn down the middle would be hard to turn down for the Blues and probably makes the most sense. But I selfishly want Panarin-Tarasenko on a line as they would be an electric combo and it wouldn’t really matter who the center is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad