Speculation: Seguin, Tyler. (UFA after 2018-2019)

Seguin next contract

• 7-8

• 8-9

• 9-10

• 10-11

• 11+

Results are only viewable after voting.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
He'll return to Boston as an UFA on a relatively team-friendly deal because he loved being a Bruin.

$8.5 million/7 years.
As strange as it sounds on the onset I can actually see him back in Boston. The sting of Chia has hopefully worn off.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Benn has a very nice contract with so much money in signing bonuses and everything. I just always assumed that Seguin would be happy to take the same deal, and the Stars would be happy to give it to him.

Stars are in decent shape for now anyway, Klingberg is a bargain, they are committed relatively cheaply on their goaltending. Spezza will be done. Seguin won't present any trouble.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Nill will probably offer him an $80 million contract in a no tax state this summer without much haggling. Will anyone else even match that, much less beat it by a large enough margin to justify the risk of waiting till next year? I doubt it.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
As strange as it sounds on the onset I can actually see him back in Boston. The sting of Chia has hopefully worn off.

Somehow I don't think this is going to happen....

I'd welcome him back with open arms though. We'd likely have to trade Krejci to make the money work but thats doable.

Not happening though.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I don't see why he would leave Dallas. They love him, and it seems like he loves them. Surrounded by a lot of talent, and has a GM that isn't afraid to go out and get pieces to win.

Really frustrating year this year for the Stars, but I don't think that'll deter Seguin from extending.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
A very underrated player and soon to be Unrestricted Free Agent that no one is talking about.

Destination?

Dollars?

You'd have to think he'd get $9-10 million dollars for significant term (7-8 years) and that might be on the low end. Look at what Eichel got. On the high end, McDavid's 12 million but that seems unlikely.

Would he re-sign in Dallas?

I don't think he is underrated at all, he is always mentioned as one of the top forwards in the game. There is no list without him on it that I have seen. He is so not underrated that someone(you) has started a thread about him becoming an UFA more than a year before he will have a chance to do that. That only happens with the very best players. He should get over $8 million per season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad