Confirmed with Link: Seguin Re-signed! (8 Years, $9.85M AAV)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
$13.5M this year. Would imagine this contract is largely signing bonuses and lockout-proof.

Reactions: ck26

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Good now that thats taken care of now look if you can't get Erik Karlsson our of Ottawa without gutting the roster.

AAV looks solid.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
I always had a little doubt that Seguin may want to leave/test free agency. Then his comments at the BioSteel camp put me at ease. Thrilled to have him for 9 more years.

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
It's over. He's going to San Jose.

IDGAF about this Seguin extension. If we dont get Panarin by the deadline I'm ready to get rid of Nill. His shitty drafting has cost us in more ways than one.

Vesna

Jul 1, 2016
I strongly prefer Duschene over EK, we have gigantic hole in 2C position

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Why would Ottawa make another deal with San Jose after what they did with Hoffman?

What could they possibly be offering that would top a package from Vegas or Dallas?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I strongly prefer Duschene over EK, we heve gigantic hole in 2C position

Duchene would be nice but OTT gave up way too much to get him.

He also really likes being close to home. But it would be real f***ing fun to watch him, Benn and Seguin.

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Missed out on Tavares
Missed out on Pacioretty
Missed out on Karlsson
Have the smallest chance to get Panarin.

Disappointing time to be a Stars fan.

If Heiskanen doesn't reach his top potential we'll be the laughing stock of the league for years.

f***ing Jim Nill.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Missed out on Tavares
Missed out on Pacioretty
Missed out on Karlsson

If Heiskanen doesn't reach his top potential we'll be the laughing stock of the league for years.

****ing Jim Nill.

More like if Dellandrea doesn't reach his potential...

Reactions: Smelling Salt

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
Really happy Tyler is staying! I still have this gut feeling that were missing a few pieces.

EK going to San Jose as a surprise to me, didn't think with Burns that the Sharks needed him. At least he's not in the Central though.
Plus I really want to see someone take over as top defenseman in the Pacific, tired of Doughty being "that guy".

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Missed out on Tavares
Missed out on Pacioretty
Missed out on Karlsson

****ing Jim Nill.

In an off season where we saw two teams lose their young franchise players, you would think it would be easier to appreciate retaining Seguin.

He honestly seemed like he never even considered playing for another team, and that says a lot of positive things about the franchise.

Reactions: Starry Knight

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
In an off season where we saw two teams lose their young franchise players, you would think it would be easier to appreciate retaining Seguin.

He honestly seemed like he never even considered playing for another team, and that says a lot of positive things about the franchise.

I could really care less about the Seguin extension. He has no hardware other than the cup he won in Boston. I just watched a brand new expansion team make the Stanley Cup finals, almost win it, then make a push to bring in top players to make another run at the cup and they are already way more heavily favored to win the cup than the Stars are.

Look at Vegas' roster and look at ours. We haven't even made it passed the 2nd round? The management, the core of the team, and anyone else involved since gaglardi got here has had plenty of time to get this team to be taken seriously and have time and time again fallen short.

I feel awful for Gaglardi because I know how passionate he is about this team. Dude has spent serious money to get the team to be competitive and we dont even know if we'll make the playoffs.

I've just had it with the excuses. I want to see expectations finally met or I want this team blown the f*** up. Teams that started their rebuild AFTER nill got to the Stars are outperforming us. It's just an absolute f***ing joke this has gone on this long.

After all this disappointment, to tell us were seriously in on Tavares and Karlsson and then get neither is just a huge blow to an already frustrated fan base.

You guys know all damn well we have no shot against teams like Winnipeg and Nashville with this current roster. So are you really going to be ok with another first round exit?

Assuming this dumpster fire of a team even make the playoffs.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Missed out on Tavares
Missed out on Pacioretty
Missed out on Karlsson

****ing Jim Nill.

Tavares was never coming here, we made his short list but it made no sense from day 1. Teams with better support who needed a 1C more would always have the advantage there. Toronto also had the home town advantage

Pacioretty isnt the end of the world. VGK gave up a really good prospect in Suzuki. I would have probably moved Dellandrea for him but Im not too torn on that.

Karlsson was again a player we had no business being in on. Sure he would help but they werent giving him to us with Miro and we are more than fine at RD to be able to stand firm on that

Panarin isnt going to get traded this summer and even if he was I dont think we are in on him...

People are saying "Disappointing time to be a Stars fan." sure we maybe could have landed one of them but we are one fo the few teams to actually be in on most of these guys. Thats damn exciting. Knowing players of that caliber would want to sign in DAllas is amazing. I would be way way way more torn on missing out on these guys if we didnt have and Elite LW, C and RD already.

Its not great but we are way better off than a lot of teams. I hope Nill circles back to Ottawa and asks about Stone and Duchene

Reactions: eartotheground

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->