See You Later Berman !!!!!

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
It's different for Berman because he gets off on it. He did it when they drafted McNabb, at the time that wasn't outrageous, but then when he got traded he did it again ("you don't know what you've got when it's gone), and the coup de grace was at the US Open when they had to suspend play, he says 'it's Philly, they'll boo." The guy is an ass, and I hope someday I can say it to his face.

Is any of what you said not entirely 100% correct?

Sep 19, 2008
Don't think there's any argument for keeping him at ESPN other than "He loves his job" because let's face it he's terrible right now

What is "Swarmi" supposedly good at in 2016? Making sound effects? BOOOOOM. WHOOOOP. BAAACK. BAAAACK.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I love Boomer. Boomer is GOAT.

Agreed, never understood the hate towards him. I grew up listening to him and even though his best days are behind him, his voice still reminds of the good old days of ESPN. Kind of odd for him to walk away at such a young age. I have a feeling that he's being pushed out which would be a very ESPN thing to do.

I'm still sour about the hour long NFL Prime Time being downgraded to a 2-3 game highlight package of "The Blitz". Screw you ESPN

I'll guess that Trey Wingo will get a bigger role now which I'm perfectly fine with but he's no Boomer. :(

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
His act got stale a long time ago, almost a parody of himself with the stupid phrases and noises.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
he was great for half-time shows and such where he could be all crazy and do his sound effects which I always looked forward to. I never considered him a main guy though during the broadcast. His schtick is meant for small doses.

Sep 19, 2008
Looks like they'll phase him out and put him out there for only special events after this football season. That's good. You can take him in doses but put him out there ever week? For 17 weeks? Plus the playoffs? That's too much.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'm still sour about the hour long NFL Prime Time being downgraded to a 2-3 game highlight package of "The Blitz". Screw you ESPN

Yea. Who's idea was this and why was it approved? So dumb.

As for Berman. I loved him when I was younger, but he's way past his expiration date at this point. He kinda just babbles or spouts nonsense anymore.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
so......Berman denied he was quitting but ESPN told the world he was.

Is there any more clarity to that situation? Or is it safe to assume at this point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->