Secret Daly,Linden,Batterman and Saskin meeting ended just 2 hours ago(1:45 EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Just another attention-seeker.

I was waiting for some mention of The Smoking Man in that blog entry, lol...

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Relevant evidence produced by a Google search for "John MacFarlane Halifax": none
for "Colin MacFarlane Halifax": none
for "John MacFarlane hockey": none
for "Colin MacFarlane hockey": none
for "John MacFarlane agent": none
for "Colin MacFarlane agent": none

All of the above substituting McFarlane for Macfarlane: none, unless you count a Colin McFarlane who played goal two years ago for a seminary school in Manitoba.

Nice try, Crows. ;)

chiavsfan

Relevant evidence produced by a Google search for "John MacFarlane Halifax": none
for "Colin MacFarlane Halifax": none
for "John MacFarlane hockey": none
for "Colin MacFarlane hockey": none
for "John MacFarlane agent": none
for "Colin MacFarlane agent": none

All of the above substituting McFarlane for Macfarlane: none, unless you count a Colin McFarlane who played goal two years ago for a seminary school in Manitoba.

Nice try, Crows.

MMMMMMMMMM Giant Doooooughnut

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's cool how they'll close a restaurant for these four "businessmen" and then have a doorman at the front door letting everyone know it's closed 'cuz 4 people are having a very important meeting & need all the amenities!!!

Is it just my computer, or does everyone's computer say he posted his update at 1:29 am???

I can't wait to see the update!!!!

Edit And while I look a little closer at it, was JohnMcfarlane's blog spot already taken??? Bummer!!! :D :D

rwilson99

Crows said:
In most media outlets you have a choice to change your first name to "sound better" with your last name.

His real first name is Colin. He's been known as John since he began writing.

It's actually quite interesting I actually just learned about this at my sports media course at BCIT here in Burnaby. We got to make our own media name haha.

It's good to know you're taking creative writing at BCIT.

longtime listener

Nov 18, 2003
misspellings mean nothing. that's why word processors have spell-checks and newspapers have copy editors. MacFarlane obviously used neither. Grizzled writers can be just as lazy as the rest of us. I wouldn't necessarily hang my investigative hat on spelling mistakes. This isn't necessarily an endorsement for this bloggers credibility, just an observation.

rwilson99

Crows said:
"As one of the members of the media who was duked into showing up at the sutton place hotel, I will admit first hand that I have no "real" meat or news from the 7 hour negotiation meetings in Toronto yesterday. I did however manage to find out where Bill daly was dining after the negotiations."

I am calling total absolute fraud.

Blogger.com posts are dated PT.

This blog post was somehow corrected for the spelling errors pointed out by other posters at 4:29am EST.

However, a blatant capitalization error remains.

Bill daly will be flagged as an error using any spell check software, and is clearly not capitalized.

This is the sloppy work of a journalism student.

rwilson99

pkwjr said:
the guy who started this thread is the guy who created the blog.

I think we have a winner.

How does anyone find a blog within an hour of it's inception. How does that blog have certain gramatical errors corrected, errors pointed out here on HF, while leaving other blatant errors uncorrected.

Crows is the blogger.

Absolutely bogus.

:dunce:

rwilson99

Crows said:
This is apprently true. If John Mcfarlane is correct, he apprently has information of a secret meeting that went on tonight between Daly, linden, batterman and Saskin at a north york restaurant.

Take it for what it's worth. But Ive read this guys work for years ( i believe he's had a few guest columns in THN) And his stuff is usually very good and his information is usually very reliable.

Notice the similar gramcatical errors in the intro.

apprently (sp)
linden (cap)
batterman (cap)
north york (cap)
Ive (I've)
guys (guy's)

...as the updated piece (at 4:29 ET)

Crows' Blog said:
I did however manage to find out where Bill daly was dining after the negotiations. I received a message on my blackberry from a reliable source which will remain unnamed (for now) that Chief legal officer Bill daly was heading to a restaurant in North York, with word that others may be joining him.... "business men" had reserved the conference room and the restaurants amenities for the evening and possibly into the night to engage in what he called "serious business matters".

... Bill daly, Ted Saskin, Trevor Linden Bob Batterman. My source also pointed out that they did not leave the restaurant until 1:45 am ET.As soon as I receive more information on this meeting I will be the first to inform you all. "

Lots of proper name capitalization issues, and possesive noun problems apparent, following the pattern of Crows introduction.

daly (twice)
Chief legal officer (Cap all or none)
restaurants (restaurant's)

The similarities in writing style are impossible to ignore. Total Fraud.

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
rwilson99 said:
I think we have a winner.

How does anyone find a blog within an hour of it's inception. How does that blog have certain gramatical errors corrected, errors pointed out here on HF, while leaving other blatant errors uncorrected.

Crows is the blogger.

Absolutely bogus.

:dunce:

I couldn't resist taking a look. There are a number of other ridiculous grammar and spelling errors -- no journalist would let that go.

Can't this fake blog get pulled for pretending to impersonate someone else? I'm sure the real JM and the people at the paper where he worked would find it annoying.

H.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Bicycle Repairman said:
Why is "Colin's" surname spelled as "MacFarlane" in the URL and "McFarlane" on his page? Or is that some new-fangled journalism thing too?
Okay, I'm game for allowing a few spelling errors. But that is just unacceptable, and a huge red flag to me.

Go Flames Go*

My house is open to these people except for Teddy Saskings and Trevor Linden.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Wow. This is pathetic. His first entry is the scoop of all hockey scoops. Why are we to believe that the "Hockey Editor" at a paper in Halifax gets the scoop of the year? And what doorman says the restaurant is closed and lists the reasons - "4 business men engaging in what he called serious business matters?"

Did he speak directly into your breast pocket too, Crows?

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
I think we all should get in on this sweet action and create blogs for our own hockey "rumors". :D

Crows*

Sloppy it is. When I read it last night I got a bit excited so I didn't take a close look at it when I received it in my inbox. ( subscription to his online work)

And if it is fake which it looks so now, I did not create the blog.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Crows said:
Sloppy it is. When I read it last night I got a bit excited so I didn't take a close look at it when I received it in my inbox. ( subscription to his online work)

And if it is fake which it looks so now, I did not create the blog.
If he didn't write it, then it shouldn't have been emailed to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->