Speculation: Secondary scoring last 30 games!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If you check out the OZ ZS%, you will realize that Keefe keeps on playing Matthews etc in the OZ at league-leading percentages.

The secondary guys do the defensive work & the heavy lifting. Pretty much every single OZ faceoff Keefe does not send in the secondary guys.

It's not that easy to keep on scoring if you have to start from your own end night after night.
Yeah Kapanen and Kerfoot are above 50% ozone starts too and Johnsson is 60% phewww. Heavy lifting eh. Check the penalty kill son. Its rotten

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Yeesh, that IS pretty rough.
Its whatever the media says here! Thats what spews here. The media hasn’t even mentioned secondary scoring because they are lazy and stupid. Should be out soon now after we donethe work here for them.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Babcock was right, Marner and Matthews should play on different lines! I do not give up this point, so you give it up if you disagree! (but really you mistake me with someone else).

Both drive a line.

Seeing Tavares, Matthews, Marner, on the same line is unbelievable!

It is like the new coach don't give a rat's ass about the rest of the team.

Outside of those three, there is no scoring, not even a sniff. Then there is no forecheck.

This team will crawl into the playoffs . . .

:baghead:

Marner and Nylander just switched spots, it's not like any of the bottom 6 was playing with either of them anyway.

Reactions: Menzinger

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Its whatever the media says here! Thats what spews here. The media hasn’t even mentioned secondary scoring because they are lazy and stupid. Should be out soon now after we donethe work here for them.

We've turned our back on the old ways. We must once again rain down our suffering on the team in the form of assorted breakfast foodstuffs like our forefathers of yore.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I was thinking of this lately. Its a concern but if the big 4 and even Hyman continue to score, it won't matter as much.

In fact the concern for me is small enough that I'd be fine trading both Johnsson and Kapanen if it meant our defence would get that much better. Mikheyev being healthy would also be a big help in that scenario.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
The team is up at the top of the league in goals scored. These players are the tertiary goal providers on the squad and have been OK in that role.

roggie13

Jan 10, 2019
I actually love Kappy love his speed love that he tries every game. I want him traded to a team that can expose his full potential. Look at guys like Thomas Steen he was a nobody here seems like lots of former leafs excel on other teams. We can get rid of 1,2 even 3 players ....guess what it isn't going to make a difference. Been following the Leafs for nearly 50 years and every year its the same outcome they just cannot finish. I really miss the leafs of the 90's early 2000 at least they went further in the playoffs at least they were exciting. So go get your defense send a few young players packing it isn't going to help, the team lacks desire it lacks heart it lacks urgency and until they realize that they will never go anywhere. People wanted Kadri,Reimer,Gardiner,Bosak, Hainsey, even Marleau gone they got their wish guess what..... we aren't any better, not even close maybe on paper but definitely not on the ice, if you honestly think another defense will solve the problem grab your bong and go hide under your rock because your living in some fantasy world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric bungay

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Team misses Soup more than I think we realize.. AJ hasn't been able to step in and play as effective as he was last season in his stead.

Soup is our best winger not named Marner or Nylander. With his emergence and Engvall showing he belongs, I believe we can easily move on from one of Kapanen or Johnsson. Potentially both if Robertson is up next year.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Soup is our best winger not named Marner or Nylander. With his emergence and Engvall showing he belongs, I believe we can easily move on from one of Kapanen or Johnsson. Potentially both if Robertson is up next year.
I think the fact that if Soup is still playing, AJ might be on the forth line shows he is expandable.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
weak secondary scoring
weak defence
weak/unpredictable goaltending.

Is this team really as good as we think?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->