Second round talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Most players discussed are the Top 5-10 guys. As a Penguins fan, I know the team will get a great prospect with their first round pick. My question is about the second round. I am not at all knowledgable about the talent in the draft and am wondering who has "first round talent" that could slip to the second and other players that would deserve a look in the early second round. Best Player Available type of players, is what I mean.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
I've seen quite a few polls in which Sami Lepisto doesn't make the first round, but I've also seen a few where he does. If he lasts, I think the Pens should take him (unless they find a dynamic forward whom tehy believe will be better). He had a great WJC, and I feel whoever picks him will get a good player.

Croc

Mar 31, 2003
Australia
Visit site
Evan Mcgrath might slip out of the 1st round, Adam Berti has tremendous upside and may be an early 2nd, also agree with
Pens4ever Lepisto would be an excellent 2nd round pick. There are also some good Swedes who may end up being early 2nds
forwards Salmonsson,Soderberg,and dmen Fransson and Hedman.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Fowards you have
My 2 Fav'
T.J. Hensik and David Booth

Vaclav Meidl
Jakub Sindel
Ryan Garlock
Viktor Alexandrov
Aki Seitsonen
Martin Karsums
David Laliberte

Defense
Oscar Hedman
Kyrill Lyamin
Michael Funk
Mark Fistric
Michal Sersen
Roman Tesliuk

Goalie
Juien Ellis ( One of my Favorites Prospects in the Draft I say the 4th Best Goalie after the Big 3 Montoya, Schwarz and Dubnyk )
Cory Schneider
Justin Peters
David Shantz

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Carbonneau said:
Bruce Graham could be one of the big steals in the draft. He's projected for the 2nd round.

I think he'll be a first rounder. Too much size & skill to ignore, especially in this year's draft.

2nd rounders i like as well:

Chucko
Booth
Ogrodnikov
Alexandrov
Tesliuk
Dowell
Earl
G.Lewis
B.Young
Baier
Oreskovich
Vomela
Tuomainen
Peters(G)
LaCosta(G)
Glass(G)
Brown(G)

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
I'm going to keep promoting Berti, Bickell and Booth. I still see Berti and possibly Bickell as being able to squeak into the first round.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Pens4ever said:
I've seen quite a few polls in which Sami Lepisto doesn't make the first round, but I've also seen a few where he does. If he lasts, I think the Pens should take him (unless they find a dynamic forward whom tehy believe will be better). He had a great WJC, and I feel whoever picks him will get a good player.

Indeed.

He strikes me as a player the Wild would love to get.

Don't know if the Pens will pick him or not. And I agree he seems rated all over the place and could go in the first wrong. But I really don't think he'll fall past the Wild's 2nd pick.

Alternatively they might try to move up a bit to grab him.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Cariboux said:
Michal Sersen is also projected in the 2nd round I think and if he had not been injured, he would have go in the end of the 1st IMO

Sersen will probably drop, his defensive game was exposed this year, but his size and puck skills wont drop him past the 3rd.

As a Rimouski fan youd know what defensive liabilty does to a defenseman on draft day....Aaron Johnson.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
"Ogrodnikov"

What a great NHL name, flashing back to the days when John Ogrodnick was a household NHL name. It makes me wonder if in future entry drafts we are soon to see...

Lonsberryov
Gouletov
Ratelleov
Payneov
Federkov
Kindrachukov
McKegneyov
Palmateerov
Chabotov
Linsemanov
Jarvisov
Giacominov
Maniagov
Chevrierov
Oddliefsonov
Larsonov
Babychov
Simmerov
Gareov
Boutetteov
Ingov
Dunlopov

...and on and on. This could become addictive! Anyways, if you recognize the names, you lived through hockey in the 70's and 80's!

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
There's a pair of twins in the Czech Republic -- Roman and Michal Psurny -- that look like good bets for the second round. Also Carl Soderberg from Sweden, and Travis Zajac from the BCJHL.

PrussianBlue

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Sersen will probably drop, his defensive game was exposed this year, but his size and puck skills wont drop him past the 3rd.

As a Rimouski fan youd know what defensive liabilty does to a defenseman on draft day....Aaron Johnson.

He's a great defensive D-MAN from what I've seen of him all year long. He has been our #1 D-MAN when he was healthy and he's giving heck of checks sometimes. He also have a great shot power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad