Second Official Frank Robinson Draft WS Toledo at Great Lakes

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
We tied in the regular season and both pulled off upsets, but I gave him the home field to be sportsmanlike.

13715059_1024162087698017_1420310594_a.jpg

Manager: HoFer Miller Huggins

Position Players
|
Pitchers
|
Lineup

C: Elston Howard | SP1: Bullet Rogan | 1. Willie Wilson (S)
1B: Pedro Guerrero | SP2: Leon Day | 2. Lenny Dykstra (L)
2B: Chuck Knoblauch | SP3: Bill Foster (L) | 3. Bobby Bonilla (S)
3B: Bobby Bonilla | SP4: Mike Cuellar (L) | 4. Monte Irvin
SS: Julio Franco | Long1: Teddy Higuera (L) | 5. Pedro Guerrero
LF: Monte Irvin | Long2: Derek Lowe | 6. Julio Franco
CF: Lenny Dykstra | Mid1: Paul Lindblad (L) | 7. Elston Howard
RF: Willie Wilson | Mid2: Bob Stanley | 8. Chuck Knoblauch
| Short1: Terry Forster (L) | 9. Pitcher's Spot
Bench: C Jim Sundberg | Short2: Mike Timlin
Bench: 1B John Olerud (L) 129 OPS+ | Closer1: Takashi Saito
Bench: 3B Judy Johnson | Closer2: Al Brazle (L)
Bench: 3B/SS/2B Toby Harrah |
Bench: OF Vada Pinson (L) 111 OPS+ |

AT

Great Lakes Loons

rBZAwIDU.jpg

Manager: Alvin Dark

Position Players
|
Pitchers
|
Lineup

C: Mickey Tettleton | SP1: Jerry Koosman (L)| 1. Jim Fregosi (R)
1B: Gil Hodges | SP2: Chuck Finley (L) | 2. Buddy Myer (L)
2B: Buddy Myer | SP3: Roy Oswalt (R) | 3. Jim Rice (R)
3B: Ron Cey | SP4: Andy Messersmith (R) | 4. Fred Lynn (L)
SS: Jim Fregosi | SP5: Tim Hudson (R) | 5. Gil Hodges (R)
LF: Jim Rice | Long: John Tudor (L) | 6. Babe Herman (L)
CF: Fred Lynn | Mid1: Michael Jackson (R) | 7. Mickey Tettleton (S)
RF: Babe Herman | Mid2: Scot Shields (R) | 8. Ron Cey (R)
Bench: John Valentin - SS/3B (R) | Short1: Javier Lopez (L) | 9. Pitcher's Spot
Bench: Boog Powell - 1B/LF (L) | Short2: Matt Thornton (L)
Bench: Chris Hoiles - C (R) | Closer: Bob Wickman (R)
Bench: Ray Lankford - CF/LF (L) |
Bench: Tony Oliva - RF (L) |
Bench: Howie Kendrick - 2B/LF (R) |

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
1. Willie Wilson (S) 668 SBs / Bullet Rogan WHIP 1.139
2. Lenny Dykstra (L) 120 OPS+ / 285 SBs / Leon Day WHIP 1.138
3. Bobby Bonilla (S) 124 OPS+ / Bill Foster (L) WHIP 1.110
4. Monte Irvin .475 SLG / Mike Cuellar (L) WHIP 1.197
5. Pedro Guerrero 137 OPS+ / Teddy Higuera (L) ERA+ 117
6. Julio Franco 111 OPS+ / 281 SBs / Derek Lowe ERA+ 109
7. Elston Howard 108 OPS+ / Takashi Saito ERA+ 185
8. Chuck Knoblauch 106 OPS+ / 407 SBs / Al Brazle (L) ERA+ 120

Bullet Rogan is rated higher by SABR than ATD Champ #1 SP Smokey Joe Williams. My bullpen has a lot of depth with 4 lefties and 4 righties including my righty closer Takashi Saito who has a career ERA+ of 185. My top 3 SPs, my cleanup hitter, my backup 3B, and my manager are all HoFers. My lineup has a lot of speed. Half the hitters in it have 280+ SBs. Olerud and Pinson will start vs righties. Irvin and Guerrero will rest vs righties. Good luck. May the best team win.

Last edited:

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
This was something I did not anticipate even slightly. However I am glad to have made it to the World Series in the MLB Draft. There’s a lot of interesting matchups, position by position. Most intriguing to me is Gil Hodges and Pedro Guerrero, two Dodger greats. Hodges is a favorite of Vin Scully who lobbies for his induction into the Hall of Fame whenever he has the opportunity to do so. Hodges was excellent defensively despite the fact that his dWAR might suggest the opposite. He was the Dodgers best power hitter in the 1950s behind only Duke Snider. From 1948 to 1959, he was as consistent and reliable as it gets as the Dodgers first baseman. Pedro Guerrero, on the other hand, was a favorite of Tommy Lasorda who said trading him in 1988 was the most painful thing he ever did but that he needed a lefty (that lefty being John Tudor who is in my bullpen). It’s difficult to make an argument against a co-World Series MVP (another one of those MVPs is Ron Cey who is also on my team).

I can’t dispute the top-end talent in Wrigley’s starting rotation but my combination of Koosman-Finley-Oswalt can certainly match up well and the depth from Messersmith to Tudor is an extremely valuable asset to have. My bullpen is not only strong but there is a healthy combination and lefties and right handed pitcher that can match up well against any batter whether it be someone in the regular batting order and a pinch hitter. The presence of Mickey Tettleton, a switch-hitting catcher, is a rare player to have in this or even the ATD. My best player off the bench is Tony Oliva who was the second-to-last player I added to my bench. I was absolutely floored when I saw he was still available. How a three-time batting champion, two top 2 finishes in MVP voting fell this far I will never know. It’s difficult not to think that was my best move in any drafting I’ve done this year.

At any rate, the past three months of drafting have been a blast. Best of luck to Wrigley in the finals and everybody who participated in this draft did a superb job. The upcoming baseball season should be a blast and I’ll find a way to enjoy it even though I’m entering the fourth year of being blacked out from watching the Dodgers.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
76a0aedf_davis.jpg
8b153bc4_davis.jpg
a141b60c_davis.jpg

....At any rate, the past three months of drafting have been a blast. Best of luck to Wrigley in the finals and everybody who participated in this draft did a superb job. The upcoming baseball season should be a blast and I’ll find a way to enjoy it even though I’m entering the fourth year of being blacked out from watching the Dodgers.
Agreed. My bullpen has a lot of depth with 4 lefties and 4 righties including my righty closer Takashi Saito who has a career ERA+ OF 185. Tettleton was undrafted in 2015 and I promoted him to the ATD in 2016. Both teams are good and win or lose both GMs should feel equally proud of their team. In May I'm moving out of IL and will only be able to watch the Cubs on network games so I feel your pain. My grandmother used to take me to watch the second greatest defensive right fielder ever (behind the great Roberto Clemente) Al Kaline play and the Tigers are my second favorite team so my avatar and sig have special meaning for me. I like the uniform number on the sleeve and the old fashioned Tigers logo in my avatar and I like my sig quote. ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad