Speculation: Second Half Predictions

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Since previous predictions were a bit of a hot topic, let's make all new ones!

1. Dvorak will average around 15 minutes per game in the second half.

2. Mike Smith's ever-increasing theatrics will get him a 1 game suspension.

3. Hanzal will be "injured" when traded and it won't actually impact the return much (remember the Z deal). I guess that means I'm also predicting they actually trade him :P

4. Vrbata will not be traded.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
The season will be abruptly cancelled after 70 games, when a certain President gets upset at something on Twitter and begins a nuclear exchange with another country.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
The Coyotes will feel badly enough about how the season went that they will do what the Dbacks did and not raise the price of season tickets.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The Coyotes will finish last, finally draft #1 overall, take Nolan Patrick and he will be the next Patrik Stefan.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We extend Hanzal, trade Stone, keep Verby. Our second half point total is higher than the first half(going out on a limb).

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Smith's play drops off (or he gets injured and can't play). We're 30th in the league after the TDL. Smith goes on a lights-out streak to elevate us to 27th. Hanzal gets traded at the deadline for a high value because the state of the league is very few sellers and a lot of buyers.

We win the draft lottery in a weak draft year. Doan retires. Chayka gets fired but not Tippett. We make some shuffle moves prior to the expansion draft. Our relocation to Kansas City is announced on July 30th. Tucson Roadrunners move up to Phoenix and become affiliated with Las Vegas. Some AHL franchise somewhere (I don't care to cynically/sarcastically or seriously predict where it will be) gets created to serve as Kansas City's affiliate.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Tucson Roadrunners move up to Phoenix and become affiliated with Las Vegas. Some AHL franchise somewhere (I don't care to cynically/sarcastically or seriously predict where it will be) gets created to serve as Kansas City's affiliate.

I can live with this.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
1. Coyotes finish 29th and draft 3rd (hello Nico)

2. Smith comes back from ASG weekend and is a complete train wreck until a season ending injury in Dallas Feb 24

3. Doan announces retirement on March 1.

4. Hanzal traded to Montreal for McCarron, Plekanec (25% retained) and 2018 2nd (best of the 3 MTL has). Plekanec helps AZ reach cap floor in '17-'18, Mtl clears cap space

5. Stone (50% retained) traded to NYR for 2017 3rd and 2018 2nd (lowest of the 2 they have)

6. Vrbata and 2017 Det 3rd (owned by AZ) traded to Chicago for 2017 1st.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The Coyotes will finish last, finally draft #1 overall, take Nolan Patrick and he will be the next Patrik Stefan.

I can see this, but I can also see it being more Coyotes to take him, have him completely dazzle with over a ppg, we barely miss the playoffs, and then he has a shoulder/knee injury in the last month of his rookie season and never hits more than 40 pts again before Europe or early retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad