Second death of the Camaro?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So rumors continue to grow the 2024 will be the last year of the Camaro for some time. First produced from 1966 to 2002 it disappeared for 7 years before coming back in 2009.

One of America’s Favorite Cars May Be About to Die

A new report claims the next-generation Chevy Camaro has been cancelled, and the name will be allowed to expire with the current model in a couple years.

Will you miss it?
Looks decent, good performance, but sitting in one is like sitting in a submarine.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks decent, good performance, but sitting in one is like sitting in a submarine.
This is true but a lot of sports cars are not exactly comfortable. I guess the Mustang will lose it's competition in that market.

Maybe Chevy will surprise and come out with an "affordable" electric sports car.

Reactions: Winger98

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
My 3rd car was an 81 z28. Bought it...92? 93? Somewhere in there.

1981_chevrolet_camaro_1625589408bfc2e78933IMG_2983.jpg

Mine was like than only a slightly lighter grey. Ended up trading it for an 86 Blazer a few years later.

As for missing the model, it's come and gone before. Was never really emotionally attached to the mark itself.

*edit* Hopefully that works...

Last edited:
Reactions: MK9

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO outside of the newest version of the Corvette, General Motors has really dropped the ball in the last 20+ years in terms of their muscle cars. They killed the once proud Pontiac brand and IMO Dodge's Challenger is the best looking modern domestic muscle car. The shit that GM tried to pass off as Pontiac's was thoroughly disgusting and a disgrace to the brand and its history. I can't say that I've liked Camaro body styles since the mid 80's and even then they were already going downhill compared to the late 70's and before.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
IMO outside of the newest version of the Corvette, General Motors has really dropped the ball in the last 20+ years in terms of their muscle cars. They killed the once proud Pontiac brand and IMO Dodge's Challenger is the best looking modern domestic muscle car. The shit that GM tried to pass off as Pontiac's was thoroughly disgusting and a disgrace to the brand and its history. I can't say that I've liked Camaro body styles since the mid 80's and even then they were already going downhill compared to the late 70's and before.

If you think they killed Pontiac (and I do too) then stay away from the "Dodge Barracuda" rumors. YIKES

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
If you think they killed Pontiac (and I do too) then stay away from the "Dodge Barracuda" rumors. YIKES

LOL look's like Dodge just copied the current Camaro's look if this is what ends up hitting the street. supposedly will have a top engine that is 800hp.

aventura-cjdr-Dodge-Barracuda-concept.jpeg

5bec2a1e0591f203c0727c06

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
LOL look's like Dodge just copied the current Camaro's look if this is what ends up hitting the street. supposedly will have a top engine that is 800hp.

5bec2a1e0591f203c0727c06

Yep lol I almost called it the Dodge Camaro but I actually don't mind the Camaro, so I didn't wanna use it's name with disrespect.

It looks like they're going with the E body Cuda, maybe. Even that is a bit of a stretch, it's just the closest thing. All they had to do was take the A Body Cuda, modernize the interior and powertrain, and call it a day. Don't change a single piece of trim on that car's exterior and it will sell

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

5bec2a1e0591f203c0727c06
Looks more like a Challenger with extra vents and bit of a curved front end with a riced out front splitter.

2020-Dodge-Challenger-E6-Feature_o.jpg

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
A friend of mine picked up a 2010 convertible SS with a 6-speed manual tranny with 27,000 miles on it. I had never been in one before he picked his up. I drove it around for about a half-hour and I think it's the best bang for the buck. It's very simple, pretty comfortable and just goes fast. Today I saw this and it makes me want to buy one so I could make it look like this.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
As a former Camaro owner, I'm not really surprised. I owned a 97 Z28, it was a rattlebox and had tough blind spots. It was like driving around sitting in a Jacuzzi tub. They're not easy cars to live with. The cost of gas and the craptastic government being more and more strict with MPG and pollution requirements on top of the push to make cars all electric are going to kill off all the musclecars.

I still believe Ford came out with the "Pseudo-Mustang" Mach-E SUV to soften the blowback from the general public when the Mustang GT eventually becomes an EV. Get people used to the idea. For those of us who prefer big rumbling V8s as they should be, it's a dark day

Reactions: Baby Punisher

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
As a former Camaro owner, I'm not really surprised. I owned a 97 Z28, it was a rattlebox and had tough blind spots. It was like driving around sitting in a Jacuzzi tub. They're not easy cars to live with. The cost of gas and the craptastic government being more and more strict with MPG and pollution requirements on top of the push to make cars all electric are going to kill off all the musclecars.

I still believe Ford came out with the "Pseudo-Mustang" Mach-E SUV to soften the blowback from the general public when the Mustang GT eventually becomes an EV. Get people used to the idea. For those of us who prefer big rumbling V8s as they should be, it's a dark day
I already have one, kinda, and it's staying in the family. If my kids don't want it, I'll find someone in the family that will take care of it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Instead of making it a crossover, they should've just made ir look like a damn Mustang. I never would've complained about it had they done that... the Mustang isn't a damn Ford Escape....

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
Instead of making it a crossover, they should've just made ir look like a damn Mustang. I never would've complained about it had they done that... the Mustang isn't a damn Ford Escape....
Seems like they're more interested in competing with Tesla than staying true to Mustang's heritage. Sad really. It's hard to picture a Mustang without the V8 rumble, going down the road totally silent will take a lot of getting used to

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Seems like they're more interested in competing with Tesla than staying true to Mustang's heritage. Sad really. It's hard to picture a Mustang without the V8 rumble, going down the road totally silent will take a lot of getting used to

It's funny how similar this is to when Ford was planning to replace the Mustang with what eventually became the Probe.

IIRC, similar to your take on the Mach-E's intent, Ford had released the Mustang SVO in an attempt to introduce the public to some of the virtues that would be present on the eventual and radically different replacement.

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
It's sad because the 6.0 GTO and the G8 GTPs @ the end were awesome cars

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad