Sebastian Erixon

arsmaster*

Vancouver Canucks signed this 21 year old Swedish defensman today.

Sebastian Erixon

Birthyear: 1989-09-12 Birthplace: Sundsvall, SWE
Position: D Shoots: L
Height: 180 cm / 5'11" Weight: 83 kg / 183 lbs
Youth Team: Timrå IK Contract: 12/13

Erixon is a strong-skating two-way defenseman with very good hockey sense. Not a big player, but he compensates this with his smartness and good positioning. He plays a fairly safe game defensively and can contribute offensively with good passes and a decent shot. Puck handling is good and added strength is the key for him to take his game to another level. Although he rarely gets caught out of position, more muscles will be needed once he on regular basis will be forced to handle big and strong forwards in the top league.

From eliteprospects.com

Can any Swedish posters/Timra fans comment on this player further?

Its a pretty typical scouting report for a young swedish defender.....next Calle Johansson is the hope from this Canucks fan;)

Manny*

I know the Sens were intent on signing him a while back. He sounds like Brian Lee, and in a good way. The kind of guy you never mind having on the ice, and you can rely on every shift.

dr-nix

Beware of the Bunny!
Feb 7, 2005
His main strengths are his skating and hands. The EP page has it pretty much correct. He does need to spend a summer in the gym. He is kinda weak infront of goal and needs to be able to defend the goalie better.

He also isn't as good in Power-play situations as he should be. Atm i doubt he would be good enough to warrant a spot on the PP in the NHL.

Infact even if i love the kid i think he will spend the majority of his time in the AHL. I hope i'm wrong though, i wish the guy all the luck in the world also coming from Timrå.

Here are a few vids

http://tik.hockeyligan.se/?contentid=356512849921 <- around 38 seconds in you'll have a few goals involving him (he's nr 50) There may be a few others in that video i'm not sure.

http://tik.hockeyligan.se/?contentid=273279978497 <- 1.55 into that video you'll se a typical Sebastian Erixon move.

Anyways don't hope for to much, the kid has potential to be a solid NHLer but that is if he can improve his defensive side quite alot while getting better in PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad