Sebastian Erixon

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by arsmaster*, Apr 20, 2011.

1. arsmaster*

arsmaster* Guest

Vancouver Canucks signed this 21 year old Swedish defensman today.

Can any Swedish posters/Timra fans comment on this player further?

Its a pretty typical scouting report for a young swedish defender.....next Calle Johansson is the hope from this Canucks fan;)

2. Manny*

Manny* Guest

I know the Sens were intent on signing him a while back. He sounds like Brian Lee, and in a good way. The kind of guy you never mind having on the ice, and you can rely on every shift.

3. AntonRodin*

AntonRodin* Guest

Sounds like a Lidstrom. The next Edler?

4. TrueGrit

TrueGrit Registered User

Art Ross potential.

5. dr-nix

dr-nix Beware of the Bunny!

His main strengths are his skating and hands. The EP page has it pretty much correct. He does need to spend a summer in the gym. He is kinda weak infront of goal and needs to be able to defend the goalie better.

He also isn't as good in Power-play situations as he should be. Atm i doubt he would be good enough to warrant a spot on the PP in the NHL.

Infact even if i love the kid i think he will spend the majority of his time in the AHL. I hope i'm wrong though, i wish the guy all the luck in the world also coming from Timrå.

Here are a few vids

http://tik.hockeyligan.se/?contentid=356512849921 <- around 38 seconds in you'll have a few goals involving him (he's nr 50) There may be a few others in that video i'm not sure.

http://tik.hockeyligan.se/?contentid=273279978497 <- 1.55 into that video you'll se a typical Sebastian Erixon move.

Anyways don't hope for to much, the kid has potential to be a solid NHLer but that is if he can improve his defensive side quite alot while getting better in PP.

6. Alessandro Seren Rosso

Alessandro Seren Rosso Registered User

Home Page:
    Very good young player, he was targeted by KHL too. Good find for the Canucks, although he's still a project.