Sebastian Aho for the Hart Trophy?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Same universe. What are you talking abou?t :D you seem like a guy who just look at the points nothing else. Do you realise that Aho is playing a team where he is the offence himself. Put him to Tampa or Toronto and he would easily have these "universe" points. He is btw +21 and carrying himself his team to the playoffs. Who else than McDavid or Kane is doing that?

Aho isn't in the same universe as Hall was in production compared to his teammates either

Hall outscored his nearest teammate by 41 points last year in a lower scoring league than this year,Aho is on pace to outscore his nearest teammate by 21

21 is nice and all but it's hardly unique

Kucherov is on pace to outscore his nearest teammate by 26 points this year

Kane is on pace to outscore his nearest teammate by 42

McDavid is on pace to outscore his nearest teammate by 22

Gaudreau is on pace to outscore his nearest teammate by 17

hell Burns is currently on pace to outscore his nearest teammate by 13 as a defenseman

honestly all the arguments you're making in this thread fit Kane much better than they do Aho

he's leading his team in scoring by way more than Aho is and unlike Aho is actually competitive in the scoring race

Chicago will probably make the Playoffs too(Minnesota continues to slide to the point where they're barely in it now and I really can't see Vancouver/Arizona/Colorado outperforming Chicago down the stretch) so he likely even fits that silly requirement

Last edited:
Reactions: Beyonder91

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010

You heard me. Teuvo is badass. And Carolina's success recently has a lot to do with solid defense/goaltending. You and other posters pretending Canes are a one player team is cute but us realists aren't buying it.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
For the first half of the season he was mostly playing with Teravainen and Ferland. Since the Rask/Nino trade, he’s been with Nino and Williams.

That's some solid linemates tbh, plus you've got some solid defensemen. So i'm not entirely sure if i buy all the talk about Aho doing everything with no support, like some people keep bringing up. Don't get me wrong, he's having an awesome season, but i don't see it Hart worthy.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If he was in a bigger market, he would be even a bigger star than what he is. This kid is a terrific hockey. A pleasure to watch.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Sorry, but there's no way that's going to happen. Even if he was in a bigger market-he's not a player with a big name attached.

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
It’s a shame he’s pretty clearly been playing hurt the last month or longer, a fully healthy Aho would’ve hit 90 points which would’ve been nice to see.

Reactions: FaulkYouAho

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
This is an absurd thread... I wouldn't even put him in my top 5 for the Hart.
I dunno, he certainly has been the most valuable player on his team.

I would put, in no order;
Kucherov, MacKinnon, Gaudreau, Crosby and Ovie above him and a few others, maybe.

How does your top 10 look like, if I may be so bold to ask?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Impressive thing to me when you dig deeper into the numbers.

5v5
GF60 3.16
GA60 1.94

Aho is an elite 2 way Center.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
When was the last time someone 20th in league scoring won the Hart? I think I'm going to go with never.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
I dunno, he certainly has been the most valuable player on his team.

I would put, in no order;
Kucherov, MacKinnon, Gaudreau, Crosby and Ovie above him and a few others, maybe.

How does your top 10 look like, if I may be so bold to ask?
I don't really have a top-10... I just know Aho had no place in the Hart Trophy discussions. Maybe he could squeak into the top-10... I'd put all those above him, plus Tavares, McDavid, Marchand, Marner, Stamkos, Draisaitl, Kane and many others. I mean, this is a guy that finished 21st in league scoring. 21st!!! How is this even a discussion?

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I don't really have a top-10... I just know Aho had no place in the Hart Trophy discussions. Maybe he could squeak into the top-10... I'd put all those above him, plus Tavares, McDavid, Marchand, Marner, Stamkos, Draisaitl, Kane and many others. I mean, this is a guy that finished 21st in league scoring. 21st!!! How is this even a discussion?
Thats cute, you actually have two maple leafs on your small little list, plus two oilers and Kane that didn’t even make the playoffs. Great eh...

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
It’s a shame he’s pretty clearly been playing hurt the last month or longer, a fully healthy Aho would’ve hit 90 points which would’ve been nice to see.
If I were to guess, I'd say he's been playing at about 66.237%.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
Tavares at 16 then? LOL no.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Look at how many points the other Canes scored, yeah that’s why... Aho = Canes

LTJD

Oct 5, 2018
Look at how many points the other Canes scored, yeah that’s why... Aho = Canes
Last time a Hart winner outscored their 2nd highest scoring teammate by less than 10 points was back in 02-03 when Forsberg outscored Hejduk by 8.
So I'd say he'd have to have more of an impact on the canes offense to be considered, especially with canes having a great d-core.
Great player nonetheless.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Lol at anyone saying it’s nit Kucherov.

Just because he’s on a good team - he still has 128 points.

He was by far the best player on the best team.

Both MVP’s are his. Not even going to be close in voting either.

Reactions: Deebs

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Last time a Hart winner outscored their 2nd highest scoring teammate by less than 10 points was back in 02-03 when Forsberg outscored Hejduk by 8.
So I'd say he'd have to have more of an impact on the canes offense to be considered, especially with canes having a great d-core.
Great player nonetheless.
Oh yeah, no way the kid wins the hart but should definitely be in the top 3!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad