Seattle's YET still unnamed team

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
They should go with Seattle Pizza.

Not because Seattle has amazing pizza, but because nearly everyone loves pizza. They've have fans galore across the continent!

And Sbisa could be drafted in yet another expansion draft and it would be Pizza². He'd look even better dishing out his pizza delivery passes in a pizza jersey.

-

I like the Kraken - it would make for an awesome logo/jersey. I like how people are saying how dumb it is in a league where we already have the Predators, Wild, etc. Sockeyes would also be great.

SJfang

Jan 22, 2020
What about the Seattle Silver Saws. The Pacific Northwest has a rich history of logging, and the saw is a central symbol of this heritage. They could use the color scheme of the Seahawks and incorporate silver from the saw.

Alternatively, they could go with a singular name and be called The Seattle Saw, a la Minnesota Wild

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Over the course of the last year Seattle CEO Tod Leiweke assured everyone that the team would be named by the end of last year. Seattle's NHL team name will arrive before end of 2019 And as the year went on and the team went still unnamed, I recall periodic speculation that it would be revealed during the 2020 Winter Classic. Well folks, we know the next Winter Classic will be in Minnesota, but........

Dragging it out like this is rather overdramatic and unncessary. At this point they may as well go ahead and throw the name "Procrastinators" in the ring for consideration. The logo for the team would be Bettingman and Lieweke sitting at a conference table across from one another with a question mark between them.

You really think they are just dragging it out for funsies? You don’t think they wanted to jump on that Christmas season? It’s likely it’s getting pushed back to resolve copyright/legal issues.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
What about the Seattle Silver Saws. The Pacific Northwest has a rich history of logging, and the saw is a central symbol of this heritage. They could use the color scheme of the Seahawks and incorporate silver from the saw.

Alternatively, they could go with a singular name and be called The Seattle Saw, a la Minnesota Wild
Or for short the Sea Saws...

Ok, I will show myself out.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just out of curiosity, how long between the announcement of Vegas getting a team and the decision of team name?

I know there were some issues with the Knights naming, but for there to be no clue to the public of what it was leaning towards? It seems like the anticipation is longer, but I'm old and don't remember anymore.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Just out of curiosity, how long between the announcement of Vegas getting a team and the decision of team name?

I know there were some issues with the Knights naming, but for there to be no clue to the public of what it was leaning towards? It seems like the anticipation is longer, but I'm old and don't remember anymore.

Is the appropriate measure time after announcement of team or time before team begins play?

Vegas was approved in June 2016 and began play in October 2017. The team name was announced in November 2016 (5 months after approval, 11 months before play).

Seattle was approved in December 2018 and begins plays in October 2021. So, the comparable dates would be May 2019 and November 2020.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Is the appropriate measure time after announcement of team or time before team begins play?

Vegas was approved in June 2016 and began play in October 2017. The team name was announced in November 2016 (5 months after approval, 11 months before play).

Seattle was approved in December 2018 and begins plays in October 2021. So, the comparable dates would be May 2019 and November 2020.

I would go more based on time of announcement, but maybe it's just my own selfish curiosity.

Just don't see a reason to let the speculation of the team name run so rampant.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
[MOD] Naw, but seriously just call it ”Seattle Spacemen” and have a logo with the Space needle on it and alternate logo with a spaceman. Green, gray and navy as team colors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad