FDcxCvUUYAECWul
FDcxC7OUUAAhi1s

FDcxC1eVEAg26RQ

Last edited:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Good excuse to schedule another SoCal AHL hockey road trip for The JMCs. I hope the enthusiasm lasts until 2022-23 - and beyond.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
I think there will be a pretty good following here in the desert for this team. With a poorly run rink that closed because of covid, we were able to have an eight team hockey league, high school hockey team as well as house hockey. This local rink did nothing as far as outreach, and I talked to snowbirds daily at my business that had no idea that there was a rink in the Coachella Valley. So with outreach and community involvement I think this team and the arena facility will be a home run.

G50

May 21, 2011
Near the Wolves, IL
With this new franchise likely going to the Pacific division, does this mean Colorado or Henderson are moving to the Central? Because otherwise the Pacific is going to have 10 teams.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
With this new franchise likely going to the Pacific division, does this mean Colorado or Henderson are moving to the Central? Because otherwise the Pacific is going to have 10 teams.

With all the AHL teams playing the same number of game starting next season, there is one less obstacle to Colorado moving to the central division. It wouldn't be all that surprising to see them stay in the pacific though. The AHL really isn't concerned that much about having equal sized divisions, or a balanced schedule. The are concerned about travel. Moving Colorado to the central doesn't change much for them, since they are probably flying a lot anyway. It does increase travel for the five team upper midwest cluster in the central though. Those teams might feel like they are already burdened with long travel to Texas and Manitoba, and not want to add Colorado. Might be considered more "fair" to have only two outliers in the central and two outliers in the pacific vs 3 in the central and one in the pacific. Of course the (soon to be) 8 team cluster of south-west teams in the Pacific would probably prefer to get Colorado out of their division, which would reduce their travel, and there are more of them, so maybe they can out vote the midwest teams.

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
With all the AHL teams playing the same number of game starting next season, there is one less obstacle to Colorado moving to the central division. It wouldn't be all that surprising to see them stay in the pacific though. The AHL really isn't concerned that much about having equal sized divisions, or a balanced schedule. The are concerned about travel. Moving Colorado to the central doesn't change much for them, since they are probably flying a lot anyway. It does increase travel for the five team upper midwest cluster in the central though. Those teams might feel like they are already burdened with long travel to Texas and Manitoba, and not want to add Colorado. Might be considered more "fair" to have only two outliers in the central and two outliers in the pacific vs 3 in the central and one in the pacific. Of course the (soon to be) 8 team cluster of south-west teams in the Pacific would probably prefer to get Colorado out of their division, which would reduce their travel, and there are more of them, so maybe they can out vote the midwest teams.

If the AHL were to go 8-8-8-8 Grand Rapids to the North and Colorado and Tucson to the Central, but like you said it won't happen because of the additional travel and number of outliers per division.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
<The crowd is gathering. There is a breathless excitement hovering just out of reach above them ...>

Reactions: Roadhog

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Seinfeld's "David Puddy" was the opening speaker. Need I say more?

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

At least visiting teams can fly into SeaTac. Guessing Kraken will be paying difference in airfare vs bus travel costs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad