Seattle Thunderbirds going forward

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
It's good to see that thier 2nd 1st round pick (20th overall) last year Keegan Kolesar has played a game with them this year helping add to the young talent on the team.

But missing so far are the clubs two top 1st rounders from 12 and 11, Barzal, who looks to be a force and Ryan Gropp.

Does Seattle have any chance of being better than an average team in the next 5 years if both guys decide to go the NCAA route?

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
It's good to see that thier 2nd 1st round pick (20th overall) last year Keegan Kolesar has played a game with them this year helping add to the young talent on the team.

But missing so far are the clubs two top 1st rounders from 12 and 11, Barzal, who looks to be a force and Ryan Gropp.

Does Seattle have any chance of being better than an average team in the next 5 years if both guys decide to go the NCAA route?

Gropp won't be going to Seattle in my opinion. Barzal I assume will be going to Seattle, but has played games in the BCHL. The team is still very young and they have a great group of core young guys on the roster that can help them into the playoffs hopefully, I won't say they will be a contender, but they will be a 6-8 team in the near future if everything pans out in their favor.

dudeoverhere

Feb 23, 2012
Barzal went and practiced with the t-birds last week, and Ethan Bear (25th Pick) has played his first WHL game against Portland (March 16th), things are looking up...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad