Seattle NHL Team to have Dark Blue Colour Base

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
From the article:
A trusted source has revealed to me that one of Seattle’s base colors will be a very dark navy blue—the darkest they could go without it looking black. Interestingly, it’s Pantone 296—a color they’ll share with their regional rival in Vancouver, who use it only minimally in their primary logo. The rest of the overall color scheme, of course, will look nothing like the Canucks.
Here's the color

Prsut18

Jul 30, 2018
CZ
I hope it is not true... teams with primary blue/red jerseys are too many..
also from last 6 teams joining league there were 4 with dark blue as primary color

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
From the article:
A trusted source has revealed to me that one of Seattle’s base colors will be a very dark navy blue—the darkest they could go without it looking black. Interestingly, it’s Pantone 296—a color they’ll share with their regional rival in Vancouver, who use it only minimally in their primary logo. The rest of the overall color scheme, of course, will look nothing like the Canucks.
Here's the color

Do you have a link to this article?

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I’m a little confused about what the other colors might be then if the look “of course” is going to be nothing like Vancouver’s. I expected some shade of green base to create a look that’s unique in the NHL. What non-Vancouver colors go well with dark navy that hopefully isn’t another generic red-white-blue scheme... orange or copper?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I have always loved the Thunderbirds name and logo.

It would be awesome for the NHL team to adopt it (buy the rights) and let the WHL team become the Sockeyes, Kraken, Totems or whatever.

Prsut18

Jul 30, 2018
CZ
I’m a little confused about what the other colors might be then if the look “of course” is going to be nothing like Vancouver’s. I expected some shade of green base to create a look that’s unique in the NHL. What non-Vancouver colors go well with dark navy that hopefully isn’t another generic red-white-blue scheme... orange or copper?

Would be better with shade of green, which is different from Vancouver one... Orange and navy is so much Oilers colors, especialy when they will be in the same division

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
Would be better with shade of green, which is different from Vancouver one... Orange and navy is so much Oilers colors, especialy when they will be in the same division
That’s my hope too. I just don’t know if people can, for an example, hold up the Seahawks‘ current colors and say it’s nothing like their original silver-royal blue-kelly green. But if so, then I’m optimistic.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Blue and green are the typical Seattle colors, so it makes sense. I'm hoping they get some Seahawk green in the scheme somewhere.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Prsut18

Jul 30, 2018
CZ
Sounders green would be unique in the NHL too, would look nice as a primary jersey color with some navy

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

Outside of Hartford, I don’t like Ive most of the NHLs green jerseys. Stars and Wild = no thanks.

I’m hoping navy blue and Seahawks green.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
its probably salmon and that pale blue from their website as accent colours.
My sheltered sense of denial refuses to accept that possibility until it’s a confirmed reality. But if they don’t actually use that salmon pink as an accent color, like the Kootenai Ice, I’ll get on board. But I’m still hopeful that at least a little green gets worked in, like the Alaska Aces.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I'm out of the loop. Where is all the speculation that it's Thundebirds?

just a few rumors people are saying. Who knows if they are looking at acquiring that brand name from the WHL or not.

Rass

Apr 7, 2006
rhlsim.tripod.com
Wonder what the WHL team is going to do if that's the case WHL team remains thunderbirds until 21-22 season?
I know they originally were sponsored by the New York Rangers, but the OHL Kitchener Rangers kept this identity since 1967. I think it could be possible but in the end I'm pretty sure the NHL Seattle group is looking at something else.

Spikey

Feb 12, 2020
It would be cool if the name was Thunderbirds. It would be cool if they brought back the Sonics name for hockey unless if they plan on having a basketball team again.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
It would be cool if the name was Thunderbirds. It would be cool if they brought back the Sonics name for hockey unless if they plan on having a basketball team again.

NHL team will NEVER EVER be called the supersonics

Reactions: KINGS17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad