Seattle Mock Expansion Draft: Built For Future

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Its a weird pick for the sharks. If True was good enough for you guys to select him, we would protect him instead of Sorenson. The pick you would likely take is whoevers playing as the number four 4, probably Simek.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Its a weird pick for the sharks. If True was good enough for you guys to select him, we would protect him instead of Sorenson. The pick you would likely take is whoevers playing as the number four 4, probably Simek.

As mentioned in the analysis, True was something of a sentimental pick since he previously starred for the WHL's Seattle Thunderbirds. That factored into his selection for the future team, as was also the case for Dillon's selection to the win-now team. Former T-Birds will have added value to Seattle if the other options don't jump off the page. Simek, for example, didn't jump off the page in comparison to Dillon or even to True.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
As mentioned in the analysis, True was something of a sentimental pick since he previously starred for the WHL's Seattle Thunderbirds. That factored into his selection for the future team, as was also the case for Dillon's selection to the win-now team. Former T-Birds will have added value to Seattle if the other options don't jump off the page. Simek, for example, didn't jump off the page in comparison to Dillon or even to True.
It’s my bad, I assumed this was for next year rather than this year.

Reactions: Larry Fisher

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Seattle should draft Lawerence Pulit from Sabres. Skilled, puck moving defensemen.

I like Pilut, but I don’t know what’s going to become of him. He’s coming off surgery and might miss training camp and the start of the season. Buffalo has way too many D ahead of him for the NHL roster now, he’s probably around 9-11 on their depth chart. The Sabres should trade at least one D before camp (possibly Ristolainen), but they are also one of the teams still being connected to Gardiner. So it’s going to be an uphill battle for Pilut to be in the NHL this season.

That said, if Seattle was starting today, I would give Pilut serious consideration in the expansion draft because he does have nice upside as a guy who could really break out with more opportunity like so many guys did for Vegas. But I’m not sure you could justify selecting Pilut over Colin Miller, Marcus Johansson or Victor Olofsson, possibly Rasmus Asplund too.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
True will be pending RFA based on current contract status at expansion draft.

Sharks could re-sign him to a deal that doesn't work for Seattle's cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad