Seattle Kracken?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Will be interesting to see what the team looks like. That's obviously quite a way off still.

Put the team name and all the joke that can be made about it aside, we are all forgetting that a bunch players will actually have live and play up there.

Reactions: Buds17

Cotton

May 13, 2013
As someone who grew up on Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and STP, I was hoping for "The Seattle Grunge." ;)

The four bands that came out of Seattle to start the grunge scene were Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains. STP were actually a band from San Diego. But by 94’ everything was getting called “Alternative” anyway.

Seattle Grunge would’ve been legit.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Oil and gas in Calgary? It makes a ton of sense... Oil and gas makes fire when ignited.

There are panthers in Florida. It is an endangered species, and why the team was named after them.

LA wanted something that sounded royal and deserved respect. Arguably considering the entertainment industry and the number of celebrities in the area, it could make sense.

But no, there is no sword fighting in Buffalo... However at least the name rolls off of the tongue and the colour scheme was unique and interesting. This colour scheme is not really all that unique, and it is not really an appealing logo.

They are trying to say that the Kraken represents that they are on the Pacific Ocean and that there is a giant squid that is found in the Pacific Northwest.
I agree for the most part.

When it comes to the Sabres, I guess I associated the sabre with Buffalo as a kid, after watching a TV mini series, Son of The Morning Star, on General Custer and the 7th Calvary. They symbolized and sparingly utilized the sabre while making their last stand fighting the Battle of Little Bighorn, in buffalo territory. The association made sense to me after that.

For the Kings in LA - Hollywood is full of powerful figures and couples, the equivalent of British royalty, given the tabloid nature of both Hollywood and Britain. America also seemed to want to step out from the shadow of its origins by make their own royalty through Hollywood or families like the Kennedys or Rockefellers. Kings and queens would obviously be symbol of the top of that identity.

Last edited:

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
yeah but ducks and penguins are real

what the hell is a Seattle McKracken

member 300185

I thought I was coming in here with something witty to say and 9000 of you beat me to it. The Kraken will become the crack heads from now on.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
I do not care for the name. I dont like any of the names without the “s” on the end like Lightening, Wild, Avalanche, they sound too basketballish to me like the Heat, Thunder, Jazz and Magic. IMO, they are just not good hockey names. Maybe Im just old school lol. But who cares, I love the Maple Leafs name and thats all that matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blanche Blanche

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Hate the names , Didn't like the jersey at first looks like a baseball jersey but its growing on me. I can think of 10 better names off the top of my head

The krakens bring the puck up the ice , Idk don't like the flow of it

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
The four bands that came out of Seattle to start the grunge scene were Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains. STP were actually a band from San Diego. But by 94’ everything was getting called “Alternative” anyway.

Seattle Grunge would’ve been legit.

How about the Seattle Mother Love Bone?

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Seattle : Bluefins, Redfins, Snappers
Wouldve been better if sea creature was theme.

I wouldve liked Seattle Stingers
And the Logo be a stingray
S can be for Seattle or Stingers

Imo Kraken is too folkloreish, too ambiguous... More people are going to be like whats that?

Might as well have gone with Seattle Lochness and more people wouldve known

Reactions: ToMaLe and ToMaLe

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Gotta say, Jeff Bezos owning the arena is far worse than anything else.
Bezos doesn't own the arena. Amazon doesn't own the arena. Amazon owns the naming rights and chose to call it Climate Pledge Arena.

I believe the arena is owned by the City of Seattle and I believe the Oak View Group who are renovating the arena will be running it for the city.

Reactions: lottster14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad