Seattle Kracken?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The bobblehead doll promotions will be the krak heads. The krakheads ohoh. They must all be on drugs to name them that.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
People will be Kraken lots of jokes about this team. So lets get Kraken, whats Kraken, Kraken up at this team. There defense is Kraken under pressure. They are Kraken under pressure. I think they will get salty about this ha
Mascots should be Salty and slimey

Reactions: qqaz and Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Their first top line will forever be known as the Krak Brothers!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Overall I like the name, logo, and jersey design. It's different than what we have across the league and I'm all for that.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Apparently that's the team name. I must say I'm not impressed, it's terrible. What is a kraken? Maybe they should have went with Kraken Heads?

You're missing out

98814_the_kraken_rum_700_3.jpg

:sarcasm:

I love the name, really like the logo, and I like the Jersey design. Just not a huge fan of the colour scheme. I like the green mock ups I've seen awhile back from folks around here who were suggesting the same name. Although I can appreciate having the same colours at the Mariners.

TBH seemed like the obvious choice for a team name, so they didn't go too bold.

Better than the Golden Knights IMO.

Reactions: JayDog17 and kb

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Overall I like the name, logo, and jersey design. It's different than what we have across the league and I'm all for that.

cut.jpg

kraken-jersey-lg.jpg

The jersey design is different, but the colour scheme is practically the same outside of the red stripe and making the white more blue and the deeper blue more light. It's not much different than Columbus either.

It's not awful, but the fact that there is no green in there at all makes it a fail in my books. Seattle is one of the few cities where it makes sense to have that one factor to tie all of the teams together, since it is the Emerald City in the Evergreen State. Kraken is a mediocre name and that colour scheme has like nothing to do with Seattle other than them being on the water and having "Sea" in their name. Now they could add some other elements to make it differ from the Canucks, who also deploy a blue and green scheme, but they should have made it the Seattle Thunderbirds colour scheme and come up with a better name. Kraken just seems so juvenile for an NHL team, and it is not even witty like Vegas, since they at least they have the homonym between 'Knight' and 'Night'... And the nightlife is synonymous with the city.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I like the name, "kraken" is both a cool word and a cool thing. Definitely unique.

I don't love the colors I'm seeing, but I'll hold off judgement until I see an actual real, fabric one. The contours of the jersey and how the light interacts with the fabric can add a lot. I absolutely hated the Knights jerseys when the mock ups were released, but they work much better in person.

I'm less than thrilled about the logo though. Woo, an S. It doesn't look remotely nautical. The "eye" isn't nearly enough.

You named your team after a squid monster. Let me see the squid monster.

Reactions: Its not your fault

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Apparently that's the team name. I must say I'm not impressed, it's terrible. What is a kraken? Maybe they should have went with Kraken Heads?
I like it. Seems like a marketing dream.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Honestly I was pulling for the Kraken option. A supernatural beast of the sea is pretty awesome. At the very least sounds cooler than Golden Knights. Not sure about the logo, but will wait and see if that design grows on me at all. At the very least they can always go a bit more over the top in the future on that front.

In the end the name of another team. But I'll give it a positive reaction overall.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think they missed a real opportunity by going with the navy blue as the primary colour. When I think of navy blue, I think of the current Buffalo Sabres, Columbus Blue Jackets thirds and home jerseys, Winnipeg Jets, former St. Louis Blues thirds, Spawn era Oilers, Fish Sticks Islanders, former Panthers thirds.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Dumb name, doesn’t roll off the tongue. What does Norse mythology have anything to do with the pacific north west. Now the fans are gonna be know as Krakheads, and that release the Kraken garbage will get old in about 5mins.

IMO it should have been Seattle Thunderbirds. The could have gotten a local indigenous artist to design the logo. Even provided a percentage of all merchandise would go to help support programs for at risk youth or indigenous youth sports.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I like the name, "kraken" is both a cool word and a cool thing. Definitely unique.

I don't love the colors I'm seeing, but I'll hold off judgement until I see an actual real, fabric one. The contours of the jersey and how the light interacts with the fabric can add a lot. I absolutely hated the Knights jerseys when the mock ups were released, but they work much better in person.

I'm less than thrilled about the logo though. Woo, an S. It doesn't look remotely nautical. The "eye" isn't nearly enough.

You named your team after a squid monster. Let me see the squid monster.

The S would be a nice logo on the shoulder of the jersey

Reactions: The Cobra

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Thought the trailer video was better than their announcement video. The goal horn in the sea going off when the cruise ship blew its horn was brilliant.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I wonder if incorporating that Seahawks green into the eye and thin stripe, instead of red, would look better.

Would be more in line with the city's other teams.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
cut.jpg

kraken-jersey-lg.jpg

The jersey design is different, but the colour scheme is practically the same outside of the red stripe and making the white more blue and the deeper blue more light. It's not much different than Columbus either.

It's not awful, but the fact that there is no green in there at all makes it a fail in my books. Seattle is one of the few cities where it makes sense to have that one factor to tie all of the teams together, since it is the Emerald City in the Evergreen State. Kraken is a mediocre name and that colour scheme has like nothing to do with Seattle other than them being on the water and having "Sea" in their name. Now they could add some other elements to make it differ from the Canucks, who also deploy a blue and green scheme, but they should have made it the Seattle Thunderbirds colour scheme and come up with a better name. Kraken just seems so juvenile for an NHL team, and it is not even witty like Vegas, since they at least they have the homonym between 'Knight' and 'Night'... And the nightlife is synonymous with the city.

Agreed, the NHL is over-saturated with blue teams, I was baffled that they didn't use any green in their jerseys and 'Seattle Kraken' sounds incongruent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->