Seattle GM: Likely Francis (UPD: Francis Named GM 7/18/19)

DougieMellon

Sep 4, 2018
Quick note, SHP has not changed their timeline in terms of hiring a GM and have no reservations in doing so two years out.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Ughhh, please not Holland.

Seattle native here who has had enough of Holland to last a lifetime

But if it means Stevie coming home? It'd be a bitter pill to swallow but I could accept it.

I believe Mark Hunter would make an outstanding GM.

If we can't convince Stevie to come home I'd love to see Detroit try to pluck him. How is he out of a job right now?

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Ughhh, please not Holland.

Seattle native here who has had enough of Holland to last a lifetime

But if it means Stevie coming home? It'd be a bitter pill to swallow but I could accept it.

If we can't convince Stevie to come home I'd love to see Detroit try to pluck him. How is he out of a job right now?
He has an amazing eye for talent. Look at the London Knights program. Look at the Maple Leafs. He should be considered for any GM job. Detroit would be wise to take him.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
When Vegas started, I was really hoping for Botterill to get the Vegas GM position. When that didn't happen and we got McPhee from the ol' boys club I was a little bummed. However, in retrospect, I don't think a new guy could have pulled off what McPhee managed to pull off.

Getting into the groove as a new GM is likely hard enough without having to try to work with 30 other old hands with more experience than you right away at the expansion draft. I'd say Seattle should go with a re-tread or Kelly McCrimmon as mentioned above.

So funny...I actually think McPhee is so lackluster. Of course everyone will look at the finals' appearance and think he did an amazing job, but really...Wouldn't most any GM take most all the players that he did? The most obvious one was Fleury who was the most important reason that Vegas did as well as they did. Also Gallant was the best coach out there to get so again...Another no brainer.

Now that Vegas is a team and doesn't have favorable expansion rules to add players, I think you'll see that McPhee will go back to being average.

Reactions: JetsFan815

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So funny...I actually think McPhee is so lackluster. Of course everyone will look at the finals' appearance and think he did an amazing job, but really...Wouldn't most any GM take most all the players that he did? The most obvious one was Fleury who was the most important reason that Vegas did as well as they did. Also Gallant was the best coach out there to get so again...Another no brainer.

Now that Vegas is a team and doesn't have favorable expansion rules to add players, I think you'll see that McPhee will go back to being average.
I'm not going to go into it on the Seattle board, but I'll say that I disagree with your evaluation of the expansion draft but not necessarily your prediction.

Reactions: DougieMellon

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I'm not going to go into it on the Seattle board, but I'll say that I disagree with your evaluation of the expansion draft but not necessarily your prediction.

Just saying...Fleury and Gallant were the two biggest no brainer moves, and once you have elite coaching and goaltending you are seriously on your way to cup contention. Overall he had the most favorable rules for an expansion team in history.

And this summer it felt like McPhee was going to make the biggest possible move he could. Once he lost out on Tavares then (and who knows what else), it felt like he got desperate and committed way too many assets and dollars to Pacioretty.

Reactions: JetsFan815

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Mike Gillis or Laurence Gilman would be solid choices. It would just feel right to see either of these guys running Seattle.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I thought Q would've been the coach as to what would lead to their president and GM, but considering it won't happen until 2021-22 I doubt Q will be available by then. But I hope for your guys' sake it isn't Tippett as coach. I do hope for your guys' sake this team starts on the right foot.

But for general manager, it also depends on the circumstances come 2021-22 so it's hard for me to predict right now.
I think Dean Lombardi could likely be the best bet, but Brad McCrimmon could be a good one too. But I would imagine they want an experienced general manager with this new club.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Gillis would be the best GM

or how about Benning in exchange for Gillis

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Tippet and Doug Armstrong are close. Armstrong signed a four year extension with the Blues in 2017, but things aren't actually rosy in
St Louis. He could be an option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->