Seattle GM: Likely Francis (UPD: Francis Named GM 7/18/19)

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Francis is a near damn perfect hire for what Seattle *should* do. No use trying to emulate Vegas because it just won't happen.

That said, I fully expect Brandt Clarke, Seattle Sockeye star in the future because of this.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Was hoping for Mike Gillis but Ron Francis would have been my second choice. This team has potential now that it has a competent boss.

I also like the new colors. Hope this is a prelude to the Seattle Sockeyes. Thank f***ing Christ the Seattle Kraken is off the table.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Was hoping for Mike Gillis but Ron Francis would have been my second choice. This team has potential now that it has a competent boss.

I also like the new colors. Hope this is a prelude to the Seattle Sockeyes. Thank ****ing Christ the Seattle Kraken is off the table.

Unless I missed something, I don’t think they’ve chosen the colors, name, jersey design, or logos yet, or at least made them public.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Unless I missed something, I don’t think they’ve chosen the colors, name, jersey design, or logos yet, or at least made them public.
Think the poster is referring to the picture of their recent hires all decked out in a greyish blue and red tops.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
all of their advertising for the past month has been a salmon red/pink, and a light blue
True but they used a lot of red and black in the Seattle NHL logo, and the jersey they presented RF yesterday was black and white. You may very well be correct that salmon and light teal are the colors, I’m just not convinced yet.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
True but they used a lot of red and black in the Seattle NHL logo, and the jersey they presented RF yesterday was black and white. You may very well be correct that salmon and light teal are the colors, I’m just not convinced yet.
they've been giving those practice jerseys out since the beginning. and the red in the NHL Seattle logo is actually the same tint as the website. Being contrasted with black makes it seem more vibrant

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
they've been giving those practice jerseys out since the beginning. and the red in the NHL Seattle logo is actually the same tint as the website. Being contrasted with black makes it seem more vibrant
You very well may be correct on that.

It wouldn’t be my first choice of color scheme but whatever it is I will grow to love it. :)

Just wish they’d make the name and colors official, start selling gear, and take my money already! :)

Reactions: nwhockeyfan

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
You very well may be correct on that.

It wouldn’t be my first choice of color scheme but whatever it is I will grow to love it. :)

Just wish they’d make the name and colors official, start selling gear, and take my money already! :)
agreed! i finally managed to get my first piece of swag last night (a hat) at the Toast to the Fans event

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Ron Francis as Seattle's GM? Great move! Francis was unceremoniously booted from the Carolina Hurricanes by New idiot owner Thomas Dundon...Francis was made the fall guy...What success the team('Canes) had this past season and into the future was made possible by Francis and his work...Its going to work in Seattle's favor to have an experienced ex-NHL player and executive take control. He has over 2 years to scout,evaluate and comprise his team...Sock-eyes,Totems,Seals...I'm sure Francis will scour the globe for talent and won't shy away from assembling a team that may have international flavor! Good Luck to Ron Francis and his staff!

Reactions: CobraAcesS

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Francis is a great hire, without the constraints he had in Carolina he should be able to put together a competitive team within the first 5 years.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

The full interview will be today at 6:00 p.m. ET/3:00 p.m. PT

Going to have to be careful with expectations like this lol. There isn't a Giard Gallant on the market right now. He was the perfect coach to get a team made up of two second lines, and two third lines to play at their peak.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Going to have to be careful with expectations like this lol. There isn't a Giard Gallant on the market right now. He was the perfect coach to get a team made up of two second lines, and two third lines to play at their peak.

SsLkoMZ.gif

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Lol, we don't start playing for a long time yet. Everything is based on more than a year from now. If they get him, great, but I'd bet with his stock so high a proven team that fails in the playoffs will go after him.

Oh i agree, I just thought the sentence was pretty funny. You also have to wonder if they have the go ahead to grab him early to prevent that scenario from happening, assuming he's their first choice.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh i agree, I just thought the sentence was pretty funny. You also have to wonder if they have the go ahead to grab him early to prevent that scenario from happening, assuming he's their first choice.

Yeah I figured lol. I love that gif too.

I wonder if he passed on the NJ job due to not wanting a rebuilding team. I can see him not wanting to try and replicate that Vegas success either. I can also see Tampa firing Cooper if they don't go deep.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Um.......
Like @StarterHart pointed out.
Galliant is actually available right now and it's pretty clear that Francis was joking right there.

BTW: I doubt Galliant will be the new coach(he'll probably have other options) but Francis has actually the green light to here a coach as soon as he sees fit. ;)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Um.......
Like @StarterHart pointed out.
Galliant is actually available right now and it's pretty clear that Francis was joking right there.

BTW: I doubt Galliant will be the new coach(he'll probably have other options) but Francis has actually the green light to here a coach as soon as he sees fit. ;)

You did see my response to that right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad