Speculation: Seattle Expansion Draft Thread.......

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I am confused: are the deals being announced tomorrow the deals made ahead of time so that they'd pick one player rather than another, or are they already trading away some of the players they announced tonight?
Yes.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
We're all very knowledgable hockey fans but honestly I haven't heard of at least a quarter of their roster. Bastian, Twarynski, Appleton, GEEKIE... WHO???

Bastian is a serviceable bottom line guy. Don’t mind that pick. NJ didn’t have much available.

Mason Appleton (no relation to Larry Appleton) is a bottom 6 guy. I can’t see him progressing any further than that….I’d rather have Larry and maybe Balky gets thrown in as part of a side deal.

perfect-strangers-bronson-pinchot-mark-linn-baker-today-170421-tease-1.jpg

…. or Dylan DeMelo who is underrated.

Geekie is actually fairly decent and I believe has a connection to Francis back to his Carolina days. Bean would of seemed like the logical selection.

Twarynski is AHL fodder. Maybe a cup of coffee NHL guy, at best. Honestly would of considered Voracek here or even Ghost.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Bastian is a serviceable bottom line guy. Don’t mind that pick. NJ didn’t have much available.

Mason Appleton (no relation to Larry Appleton) is a bottom 6 guy. I can’t see him progressing any further than that….I’d rather have Larry and maybe Balky gets thrown in as part of a side deal.

Geekie is actually fairly decent and I believe has a connection to Francis back to his Carolina days. Bean would of seemed like the logical selection.

Twarynski is AHL fodder. Maybe a cup of coffee NHL guy, at best. Honestly would of considered Voracek here or even Ghost.

So 10 goals from the entire lot this season?

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego

Appleton was 0.5 PPG this year playing behind Winnipeg's bigger names on offense (14 min/game). I think he's got more potential than bottom 6 given his age and an opportunity. 1st liner, maybe not, but 2nd liner isn't out of the question.

Reactions: Schmooley

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Kings don't need Imama he's AHL 4th liner at best

This team is soft as butter a little toughness from time to time might not hurt. If the rumors were correct and they were going to try to play MacDerp as a forward give me Imama, may not be as good of a fighter but actually a decent fighter and not afraid to jump in and stick up for his teammates. You don't need to play him every game but from time to time why not you got nothing to lose. Can't wait to see this team get f**ked in the teeth again and tuck their tail in.

Reactions: Reaper45

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Appleton was 0.5 PPG this year playing behind Winnipeg's bigger names on offense (14 min/game). I think he's got more potential than bottom 6 given his age and an opportunity. 1st liner, maybe not, but 2nd liner isn't out of the question.

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if he grabs a larger role with the Kraken. They are going to need guys to fill out the top 9. If they deal away the likes of Donskoi and Jarnkrok the opportunity should be there.

I’m suprised they didn’t go with DeMelo.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if he grabs a larger role with the Kraken. They are going to need guys to fill out the top 9. If they deal away the likes of Donskoi and Jarnkrok the opportunity should be there.

I’m suprised they didn’t go with DeMelo.
Appleton was a good pick. Someone has to score some goals might as well be the 25 year old just coming into his own!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Ok, now seeing that tweet it makes a little more sense. Guess we wait until tomorrow to see the other side of this expansion draft.
These will most likely be some of the vets Seattle selected being traded for picks and prospects that didn't have to be protected.

Seattle seems to be doing more of a traditional expansion franchise build.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019

I don't think the Seattle Kraken are done...Quenneville is a UFA as is Bayreuther so I think the Kraken will make a play for someone maybe Danault and Hamilton

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I am confused: are the deals being announced tomorrow the deals made ahead of time so that they'd pick one player rather than another, or are they already trading away some of the players they announced tonight?

Could possibly be selecting an unprotected vet from Team A and trading that vet to Team B for picks and prospects. For example, would a contending team like to have Gourde on their roster in exchange for a pick/prospect? Probably.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I like how about 70% of the people who post on this site who weren’t even alive when San Jose, Ottawa, Atlanta etc. entered the league act like what Vegas did was somehow normal, easy, and expected.

Reactions: Reaper45

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I like how about 70% of the people who post on this site who weren’t even alive when San Jose, Ottawa, Atlanta etc. entered the league act like what Vegas did was somehow normal, easy, and expected.

Typical revisionist nonsense. Vegas caught the league by total surprise, McPhee and McCrimmon did a masterful job. No doubt all 30 GMs have been planning for this for at least 2 years and wouldn't make the same mistakes. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but I don't expect many major moves. Seattle is in good shape with not wasting a ton of money on these high profile overpriced contracts. That alone is a major win.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

There are a lot of times during the day when I wish I was one of those people.

Although, then I would have missed out on how pissed off Sharks fans would get at Fat Balloon.

Reactions: Bandit

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
All I know is now that they are officially a team with players....let the hatred begin. F**k the Krackheads!!! Can't wait for our losing streak against them. ;)

Edit: Let's hope their fans aren't as Sh*tty as Vegas fans.

Reactions: Schrute farms

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Hurricanes, Hawks, Blue Jackets, Montreal, Sharks, Bolts are the teams that seem like they may have cut a deal with. Sharks moving Jones seems likely.

Can't believe that guy that said no side deals were made. Holland just traded C. Jones, 3rd, Larsson for Keith at full cap hit & re-signed Smith & you're telling me all the GM's are smart enough to avoid throwing 1st round picks in this draft at Seattle? Maybe they just went full MacD on the draft? What is going on?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad