seating at Gila River Arena

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Really? Center ice glass would be great for like a rare treat or taking someone who's never been to a game or something, but I don't think I could really watch the game from there. More of a novelty.

The very top row in the corner of the lower bowl for me is the best way to actually watch plays develop and really see the game.

I agree. I sat two rows behind the Coyotes bench at Amalie earlier this month and I didn't exactly love the seats. I was looking up at the big screen most of the game. It was an experience I liked, but now that I've experienced it, I don't really ever want to sit there again.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Just my opinion so please don't be offended, just for talking purposes during the bye week.

I'll never understand why people love to sit close to the ice. I can't see the play develop when I'm close to the ice and that's something I think as a hockey fan I really enjoy. This is one of the reasons why I always love to sit up top. Often times those seats are cheaper which is nice.
Don't disagree. I'm 4 rows from the ice near the blue line, very difficult to see the other end of the ice, however, the new scoreboard helps. Since I watch 60+ games on TV from center ice, watching the game at ice level creates a different experience. If I attended all 41 homes games it would be a different story.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Don't disagree. I'm 4 rows from the ice near the blue line, very difficult to see the other end of the ice, however, the new scoreboard helps. Since I watch 60+ games on TV from center ice, watching the game at ice level creates a different experience. If I attended all 41 homes games it would be a different story.

I agree with this a lot. The sentiment isn't unique to hockey either. A lot of my agreement stems from being in ASU's marching band and being forced to watch football games from the lower rows of the south end zone at Sun Devil Stadium. Really nice view on goal line stands trying to score in that end zone, terrible otherwise. Nice experience to be that close to the play once or twice, but to sit through several games from the same spot got old fast.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think they can see because they've trained their minds to read the play a certain way but you're constantly seeing them look at the iPads after shifts to see how they looked and how things are looking.
They just have experience. The iPad allows them to see things in retrospect ( you come off the ice tired and can't always recall exactly what happened during a given point of a shift), it also allows them to see that they may have missed altogether - you can't see everything no matter where you are.

Reactions: Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Really? Center ice glass would be great for like a rare treat or taking someone who's never been to a game or something, but I don't think I could really watch the game from there. More of a novelty.

The very top row in the corner of the lower bowl for me is the best way to actually watch plays develop and really see the game.
I sit exactly center ice 2nd row upper deck. I used to sit 3 rows from the glass in the corner. My current seats have a much better view with absolutely no action blocked from view. What I give up are the sounds of the game when the play is on my side of the ice. All in all, the cheap seats are better.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I sit exactly center ice 2nd row upper deck. I used to sit 3 rows from the glass in the corner. My current seats have a much better view with absolutely no action blocked from view. What I give up are the sounds of the game when the play is on my side of the ice. All in all, the cheap seats are better.

My season tickets were 109 row C. I agree with you. That was too close to really enjoy the game. The atmosphere down there was cool but the view isn't great, especially since my years were some of the worst hockey ever and we never generated any offensive pressure.

My favorite spot is 111 about row T. Never sat upstairs but I'd imagine the view from your seats is perfect to see the whole ice.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
I feel like if I were to ever buy glass seats I'd want them right on a corner because theoretically you can see the entire ice without interference from the boards, benches, or penalty box. Almost bought some last year but we ended up going to a different game and they weren't available. Anybody have experience with those kinds of seats?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I feel like if I were to ever buy glass seats I'd want them right on a corner because theoretically you can see the entire ice without interference from the boards, benches, or penalty box. Almost bought some last year but we ended up going to a different game and they weren't available. Anybody have experience with those kinds of seats?

I’ll put it this way: that’s about where the referee positions himself. There’s a good reason for it too.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Never sat upstairs but I'd imagine the view from your seats is perfect to see the whole ice.

It's allows you to see what the other players are doing (or not doing as is often the case with the Coyotes) peripherally. You can still watch the play on the puck but you'll also see... Who is open? Is a lane to pass the puck available? etc.

Reactions: RemoAZ

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I've always thought that the top corner of the lower bowl is the best vantage point for watching hockey games.

This was my spot, section 104, row V, seat 16.

Coyotes shoot twice and you see most everything. Because the row was so high, you don't have that competition with the edge of the glass, like you might in rows J-O.

When attendance was sparse in the time that I was there, that was when I met the following players: Nikolai Khabibulin (this was the day after his arrest for extreme DUI - his wife/girlfriend looked like she was mad as hell the entire game, which explains why), Devin Setoguchi (injured at the time), Lauri Korpikoski (injured at the time), and Ken King (Flames front office - he was with 2 of his scouts as well).

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ

We are in 215, at the Coyotes-shoot-twice blue line. Row G is about six rows too high. On occasion, we've migrated to Row C or D, and even that's a huge upgrade. In recent games, our section has been too full to move anywhere. After all these past depressing years at that arena, that's a good problem to have.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
We are in 215, at the Coyotes-shoot-twice blue line. Row G is about six rows too high. On occasion, we've migrated to Row C or D, and even that's a huge upgrade. In recent games, our section has been too full to move anywhere. After all these past depressing years at that arena, that's a good problem to have.

Yep - whenever they had one of those contests where your row would win a prize, I would look left, see no one in my row for about 15-30 seats. Look right, same thing. I could sit back, rest assured that my row would never win anything.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Honestly. Standing room tickets at center ice are the best. I usually buy an upper level seat and end up just standing at the top of the lower level. The ushers dont mind as long as you arent in the way. If you dont mind standing i highly recommend giving it a shot

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I normally get upper level, looking at center ice, and try and get into the front row. If I can't get into the front row, I generally just get the cheapest I can find. My favorite is actually the small sections, like 204 and 212. If I ever get season tickets, I'd probably aim for front row in those sections

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad