Seating advice

Rasmus

Feb 5, 2019
I'm heading to my first NHL game this weekend and I'm struggling with deciding on where to sit. While I can appreciate the idea of sitting in the 300s, I do wish to sit a bit closer just to get a better feel for their speed, size, etc. My concern with sitting in sections 116-118 is that I feel that I would crane my neck the entire game while watching the action. I'm thinking that sitting at the end, 110-112, would allow the game to be in front of me the entire time. I'm just trying to get a great experience out of this.
Any thoughts or advice? At what row(s) in the 100s would be considered glass level?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I'm heading to my first NHL game this weekend and I'm struggling with deciding on where to sit. While I can appreciate the idea of sitting in the 300s, I do wish to sit a bit closer just to get a better feel for their speed, size, etc. My concern with sitting in sections 116-118 is that I feel that I would crane my neck the entire game while watching the action. I'm thinking that sitting at the end, 110-112, would allow the game to be in front of me the entire time. I'm just trying to get a great experience out of this.
Any thoughts or advice? At what row(s) in the 100s would be considered glass level?

STH here, and this is just one fans opinion.
If you want large areas where you can’t see the play well, then sit at or near ice level. Yea, you’ll experience the “speed of the game” better I guess, but it will be at the expense of seeing most plays well.

If you must sit in the 100’s, get seats above row 7. You’ll be above the glass and see the plays better. And still be close enough to appreciate the speed of the game.

I have center ice tickets in the 300’s and I love em because you can see plays develop easier and see all the plays without any sight line obstructions in my opinion. No straining of the neck lol.

Reactions: Vito_81

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
I agree with Zzamboni sit a few rows up, and enjoy your first game hopefully you see a W. If you have to choose a side try and get where we shoot twice.

Last edited:

Rasmus

Feb 5, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm hoping this first game will lead to more and then I can respond to others and provide my advice.

Reactions: Willgamesh

js31

Aug 2, 2005
STH here. They're not where my seats are, but if I had my pick of the litter (not counting the 200s), I'd sit in Section 106 - 109 about 18+ rows up for great view, Sabres shoot twice, and convenience of location - near main concourse, easy exit/entering arena.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Best place for me is about 15-18 rows up from ice in corner where your team shoots twice. I do not like first few rows at all and not a big fan of sitting high in the stands for any sports event.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Section 117, 12-18 rows up is my money spot when I go. Or 14th row of the 300s, so you can stand up whenever you want

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I like to sit cross-legged, but your legs can fall asleep that way. Sometimes I’ll sit with my hands on the ground and feet in the air but it’s harder to see that way, and can be annoying to nearby fans.

But that’s the great thing about sitting - we all have our own unique ways of going about it. Try some different sitting styles, see what you like.

Reactions: Rasmus

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
my favorite (other than the 200s) is sections 312-314. you can see the whole ice without turning your head.

i do agree though that you lose some of the feel of the game and the speed/skill of the players being that high.

one recommendation, get there early and watch the warmup. you can get right down to the glass and see the players up close.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Welcome new poster!!!!

For hockey, I like sitting in the first (or second or third) row of the upper tier, on the blue line, but I have not done that at the Key Bank Center.

For dinner parties, some suggest to alternately seat men and women around the table, and to not have couples (married, dating, etc.) seated next to each other.

At weddings, banquets, etc., I try to guess which table will be directed to the buffet first, and sit there. One trick is to scan the wait staff when you first enter the room, try to identify the head waiter, then ask him or her.

Last edited:

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Sit on the 300 level in first three rows, close to centre ice. You'll see the whole game and less people walking in front of you all the time. Row 1 is the best.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I like to sit cross-legged, but your legs can fall asleep that way. Sometimes I’ll sit with my hands on the ground and feet in the air but it’s harder to see that way, and can be annoying to nearby fans.

But that’s the great thing about sitting - we all have our own unique ways of going about it. Try some different sitting styles, see what you like.
Red Forman could probably provide some good advice about your seat situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad