Season Tickets Renewals

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I had a few meetings with season ticket reps during games. I felt bad for them trying to sell this product to their fans. I couldn't help but laugh at the price... Needless to say, he was laughing too.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Any reasons as to why season tickets went up?

Melnyk probably thinks he can squeeze more money out of the existing season tickets fan base. The problem is that usually only works when there is inelastic and high demand for tickets like in Toronto. When you seeing falling demand, the worst thing you can do is raise prices. I suspect overall STH revenue will fall, despite the increase. I think in Arizona they were adding cheaper sections and including free food with tickets to entice fans to the arena. Melnyk is taking the total opposite approach. Take away stuff, raise prices and hope they stay.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
So for all I'm reading, not worth signing up for season tickets this season if I don't plan on going to more than 10-15 games.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Inflation has been less than 2% per year for the last 10 years. This has not been the case for ticket prices.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
We don't spend near it

Within 5 million of cap, and if you don't count insurance money, we're there now.
Also to answer if we don't have enough revenue now to get to cap, not increasing tickets or more bums in the seats, then ticket prices go up, or payroll reduces significantly.
Plus we are in the bottom 10 of ticket prices.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Within 5 million of cap, and if you don't count insurance money, we're there now.
Also to answer if we don't have enough revenue now to get to cap, not increasing tickets or more bums in the seats, then ticket prices go up, or payroll reduces significantly.
Plus we are in the bottom 10 of ticket prices.
The mandate for the remainder of the year is to shed salary and to focus on development. Doesn't sound like a team ready to spend unless they are going to sign Karlsson to the huge contracts he want's this offseason

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa
I am in 319 and my seat is going up about 50%. I've had season tickets for 19 years in upper 300 centre ice. They got too expensive so I had to move to 319. I am not renewing my full ticket package next season. I'll take only games but sit in seats I actually like instead of a seat I've hated all season. I feel season ticket holders have been disrespected for too long. Personally a lot has happened to make me come to that decision ...but the price increase without even an explanation kind of was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I feel terrible for the season account managers. They get berated by angry fans and it's not their fault. When I went to see them in their suite on Thursday - they really looked discouraged I know a lot of people that have cancelled or are cancelling. Its tough to see it happen

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I tried to trade my tickets in for the Buffalo game as I was out of town.

They informed me that we had exceeded the deadline to do so. Still days before the game mind you.

After Mrs_NyQuil put up a bit of a stink (I'm sorry, was the Buffalo game a sell-out?), they responded that they would allow us to trade in our tickets if we signed up for next year's ticket package.

Screw 'em.

I've had tickets since 2003, pouring how much money into this team, including every playoff run, the Winter Classic, and they try to strong-arm me now?

Just for that, I probably won't renew.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa
I tried to trade my tickets in for the Buffalo game as I was out of town.

They informed me that we had exceeded the deadline to do so. Still days before the game mind you.

After Mrs_NyQuil put up a bit of a stink (I'm sorry, was the Buffalo game a sell-out?), they responded that they would allow us to trade in our tickets if we signed up for next year's ticket package.

Screw 'em.

I've had tickets since 2003, pouring how much money into this team, including every playoff run, the Winter Classic, and they try to strong-arm me now?

Jesus Christ.

Just for that, I probably won't renew.

They apparently have a 5 day rule for the games you're trying to trade. Seems to me with how the place has been nowhere near full most of the season...they shouldn't make a big deal out of trading tix.

I'm having surgery in 2 weeks and will miss all the games in March. Because of the 5 tiers of games...i can't make trades like I would like to. I don't want to go up a tier...they won't even let me go to a lower tier. :-/

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They apparently have a 5 day rule for the games you're trying to trade. Seems to me with how the place has been nowhere near full most of the season...they shouldn't make a big deal out of trading tix.

I can count on one hand how many times I've required some support from the Ottawa Senators organization.

Flip_4 said:
I'm having surgery in 2 weeks and will miss all the games in March. Because of the 5 tiers of games...i can't make trades like I would like to. I don't want to go up a tier...they won't even let me go to a lower tier. :-/

It's like death by a thousand cuts.

They treat their fans like shit and then talk shit about them.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I’m realy curious to see what the season ticket numbers will look like.

Worst owner in the league (and now CEO!!!!) with a team that’s trending downwards...

It takes a special kind of genius to manage to only attract as many fans as Arizona in such a hockey mad market as Ottawa.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
You can add my dad and his buddy to the list of people who aren't renewing. They've been season ticket holders for 20 years.

Melnyk is running this team into the ground.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Surprised to see ticket prices increased especially given how bad the team has played this year.

Cap is going up next season, and there will be some Senators in line for bigger contracts.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
With the lottery the way it is, only the top 2 spots really matter. Arguably even dead last.

The rest have relatively equal shots at moving up.

Last year the Devils finished 4th last, Flyers 12th last and the Stars 6th last ... and they won the Lotteries and picked 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad