Season ticket thoughts and questions...

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
S'up, everyone! Go Kraken!

I'm from the east (WV/Pittsburgh/Florida) but have happily lived in Bellingham for the last 15 years.

I'm in the #600 range of season ticket depositors, and now NHL Kraken is getting serious about seat selection.

This won't be cheap. Even though I have a low number (considering there are 30,000+ deposits and another 22,000 on waitlist), all lower bowl half boards are already sold out to "premium" folks. One corner ticket, Row M, lower bowl, visitors shoot twice, will take me down to the extent of $7,700 for 44 games.

Does anyone know how resale will work? As I live in Bellingham, I definitely won't make every game, but do understand the team essentially controls my tickets and the system is entirely electronic. I've not been a season ticket holder of any sport for 20 years since I attended Miami Dolphin games, and those paper tickets were easy to deal with.

Anyone have experience or commentary as to how things work in a more controlled fishbowl like the one Seattle will be implementing?

Cheers!

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
The team will likely have some sort of resale site: list your tickets and you get money but they take a cut from the purchase & sale. You can also go to stubhub, seatgeek, etc to sell games. There will be demand!

Another option is to find people that aren't getting tickets to buy in for 11/22 games. Mariners have this on their site and seems logical for many teams in MLB, NHL to do so too. I have seen on FB some people query people with high prio numbers to invest with them.

I am in the 2000s and have a group of 5 that we will split the tickets between. Had high hopes for good seats, not just hoping there will be something reasonable too. The waiting game is killing me

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Before I moved to Seattle in July, I was a 3-year season ticket holder for the MN Wild where all the ticketing was digital. There were numerous options for resale, including the option @tank44 mentioned above with the team oriented resale site. While your tickets are all digital, you have control over all of them and have the ability to email the digital ticket to anyone or post on Stubhub, seatgeek, etc easily. All these options will take a cut from the sale so be prepared. I even used FB marketplace or Craigslist on occasion and then just email them to the person. Just make sure you get paid first.

I'd buy in 11 games from you if that makes it easier given the outrageous costs associated with the Kraken tickets. In MN, I had a pair on the half-wall, 14 rows up and paid around $8K total

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I don't know who else to tell, but I'll be moving to Seattle sometime late this year or early next, and I just got season tickets (22-game package) for the Kraken's first season. I'm so excited!
Congratulations! I just got my 22 game package Tuesday and I am stoked as well. It should be a fun season, which is weird to say not knowing who our coach is, or any of our players.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
To get good seats for those holding a lottery number , you have to get the full season ticket plan. If you select the 22 game plan, your limited to upper nose bleed seats or the end where the Kraken shoot once. Center ice are all sold and blocked out..

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Anyone get tickets yet? I got my time on Oct 6th... I get the live inventory on Sept 30.. It's like Christmas!

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
I got my tickets and my date was on 9/17. Some descent seats left. Went for the 1/2 season blue plan. Appointment is very good with a representative that walks you through all options. Best to look at what seats are available the night before selection. The main entrance is
on the right when facing the benches looking at the S at center ice. That might help looking at seats for ease of entering and leaving the arena.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
I got my tickets this week. For full season most of the remaining inventory is lower bowl ends or the Mt Baker Hall (North end upper deck). There is a scattering of a few other 3-seat sections around the rink and I did get one of the random other seats. Front row upper deck which is what I wanted when I dropped the ticket deposit. there does seem to be a lot more half-season tickets available but I didnt look too deeply but lots avail in upper deck & lower ends.

JelloPuddyPops

"Gotta support the team."
Oct 9, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Got my tickets this week. Two seat full season. We got two about 10 rows up on section 06.

For those coming later, if you have two seats, you can’t select 2 from an area where only 3 seats together remain. They haven’t communicated that at all.

So when you get your link to the availability map, and you’re looking for two seats, the locations with 3 together are off limits to you. As are some aisle seats which are reserved for those who are mobility impaired. Just an FYI.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Got my tickets this week. Two seat full season. We got two about 10 rows up on section 06.

For those coming later, if you have two seats, you can’t select 2 from an area where only 3 seats together remain. They haven’t communicated that at all.

So when you get your link to the availability map, and you’re looking for two seats, the locations with 3 together are off limits to you. As are some aisle seats which are reserved for those who are mobility impaired. Just an FYI.
BUT if you have 2 seats they will let you add the 3rd seat. This is what we did. This may not be an official communicated stance (i.e. wont be in written from anyone in the Kraken) but communicated if asked in phone or zoom calls. I see many others online who have done the same. But as noted above, you can't leave a single seat, which is pretty much their most strict rule

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad