Season Ticket Holders...What say you?

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Wonder what the renewal rate is going to be for those of us on the weekend plan. 0-7 right now. Only 5 more games to go...

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Wonder what the renewal rate is going to be for those of us on the weekend plan. 0-7 right now. Only 5 more games to go...
I actually sold every single one of my tickets already while I could still get a decent return. I took a loss of about $300 total on them. I figure I'll buy some games at the end of the season when you can get plaza games for $60 apiece. After the third game with them not showing up I just didn't want to make the two hour drive, gas and food expense, and the two hour drive home bitching about how they didn't show up.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Blues are doing away with the mini plans as expected. They are now offering season ticket holders a 3 year agreement option which would lock them into price increases of (only) 6% per year. Crazy how the January turnaround pretty much flipped the script on how things could have turned out for ticket sales for this season and beyond.

Wish I would have gotten the option to upgrade as a mini plan holder but I guess now that there is a waiting list it’s not an option.

Info on the 3 year option can be found here.

Blues to introduce three-year season ticket plan options

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
I renewed, with the 3 year option. Here’s my reasoning.

Pros- I like the cost certainty option. I think our winning window is still wide open for at least the next 3 years. I think Army can dump some contracts/cap problems at the draft AND pick up some picks so we build the cupboard and resign Petro. I look forward to watching the next “Core” develop. (After Steen, Jake, Bo, Gunnar). It’s becoming a tough ticket, so it should be easy to sell off a few of the games I can’t make.

Cons- I don’t see any “value-added” options coming up. No Winter Classic, No All-Star game...maybe an entry draft, (I think we had it in 1996, so we are due). As long as we don’t collapse, (and I don’t lose my job), it’s worth the cost.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018

Pros- I like the cost certainty option. I think our winning window is still wide open for at least the next 3 years. I think Army can dump some contracts/cap problems at the draft AND pick up some picks so we build the cupboard and resign Petro. I look forward to watching the next “Core” develop. (After Steen, Jake, Bo, Gunnar). It’s becoming a tough ticket, so it should be easy to sell off a few of the games I can’t make.

Cons- I don’t see any “value-added” options coming up. No Winter Classic, No All-Star game...maybe an entry draft, (I think we had it in 1996, so we are due). As long as we don’t collapse, (and I don’t lose my job), it’s worth the cost.
I was at that draft, good times. Would be nice to see again, but I feel like it won't come back here until we build a new barn.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS

To play Debbie Downer - What if they are trying to lock as many people in for the next couple of years while knowing that Petro isn't going to re-sign. They know many fans would think that Petro leaving means we don't have a chance to win the Cup, therefore decreasing season ticket sales.

Far fetched, yes. You never know though.

Reactions: Stealth JD

Playgloria

Nov 18, 2019
I'm assuming they introduced the 3 year plan so that the MLS team coming doesn't "steal" business from them. I could be wrong but that's what I'm thinking. Also, the rumors about next year being in the Winter Classic in Minnesota may not be true. If they were I would assume as full season ticket holders we would have access to tickets for it but nothing was said about it in the renewal information. Maybe they still aren't sure yet?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
To play Debbie Downer - What if they are trying to lock as many people in for the next couple of years while knowing that Petro isn't going to re-sign. They know many fans would think that Petro leaving means we don't have a chance to win the Cup, therefore decreasing season ticket sales.

Far fetched, yes. You never know though.
I'd be surprised if the sales department had any meaningful communication with hockey operations about the potential roster down the line.

Demand has never been higher for Blues season tickets. And realistically, it is fairly unlikely that demand will significantly increase in the nest few years. Even going on a dynastic run is pretty unlikely to grow the fanbase substantially more than last years magical run. With such a high demand, the Blues are doing everything they can to sell as many tickets as possible, including commitments for multiple years.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I'd be surprised if the sales department had any meaningful communication with hockey operations about the potential roster down the line.

Demand has never been higher for Blues season tickets. And realistically, it is fairly unlikely that demand will significantly increase in the nest few years. Even going on a dynastic run is pretty unlikely to grow the fanbase substantially more than last years magical run. With such a high demand, the Blues are doing everything they can to sell as many tickets as possible, including commitments for multiple years.

Agreed, and if anything, I would have thought they would have made the 3 year agreement non-optional when they were locking people up during the window right before the cup finals started. With the banner raising and All Star game this year, I wonder how many brokers just jumped on for one year and are going to drop out if there isn't another deep run this year.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Agreed, and if anything, I would have thought they would have made the 3 year agreement non-optional when they were locking people up during the window right before the cup finals started. With the banner raising and All Star game this year, I wonder how many brokers just jumped on for one year and are going to drop out if there isn't another deep run this year.

Agreed.

I live 1,000 miles away and came back to St. Louis to be in the city for the Final. I came very, very close to buying a season ticket package for this season in order to get tickets to a SCF game. I ended up not being willing to spend the money required to go to a game. But I did the math and it would have been cheaper for me to buy season tickets to get a pari of SCF tickets, sell 15 games at face value and then give away the remaining 26 games to friends/family than it would have been to buy tickets to game 6 on the secondary market.

From a pure financial standpoint, buying season tickets for this season in order to get SCF tickets was a ridiculously good investment if you either care about the Blues or know how to sell tickets on the secondary market. With the benefit of hindsight, I bet the Blues are kicking themselves for not requiring at least a 2 year commitment in order to get SCF tickets.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Season ticket holders hold a lot of power for coming season financial outcome. Does recent Pietro saga affect do you buy or not next season ticket for Blues games?

Covid-19 is problem, but even in Finland people have rejected going in the games, 'cus of corona and result of that many teams are in financial problems.

I bet Blues will soon release their mails to old/ex season ticket holders especially offer. You have now chance to reject their deal and say -"you guys don't deserve my money."

President Skroob

Dec 21, 2019
Season ticket holders hold a lot of power for coming season financial outcome. Does recent Pietro saga affect do you buy or not next season ticket for Blues games?

Covid-19 is problem, but even in Finland people have rejected going in the games, 'cus of corona and result of that many teams are in financial problems.

I bet Blues will soon release their mails to old/ex season ticket holders especially offer. You have now chance to reject their deal and say -"you guys don't deserve my money."
Why don’t they deserve the money?

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007

It’s entertainment and it’s still NHL hockey... I really hate the Krug deal and I really wish we could have agreed on a deal with Petro but I’m not going to stop going to games. While I don’t think they are contenders I feel like they could at least be competitive and entertaining. It would have to go back to 2006 level of suckiness for me to contemplate it.

Plus I’m pushing 40 and these blues games give me an excuse to ditch the family and hang with my buddies for a few hours, 12 times a year (25 times last year). Who wants to spend that much time with their family????

Ransku, buy me a Petro Vegas jersey and I’ll wear it to the games just for you.

Reactions: Ranksu

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
With uncertainty about when fans will be in the stands next, I still think it's amazing the Blues are pushing season ticket ads/e-mails.

I'm a half STH and rented for the 2020-2021 season before COVID hit. They're holding onto my deposit right now interest free but at least I get "special" STH holder e-mails. /s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->