Season Ticket Holders...What say you?

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I used to do a full season but kids came along so the 12 game plan became a lot more reasonable for scheduling. My wife doesn't necessarily like October and November because half of the plan is typically in those two months so I'm pretty much gone like every Saturday night, haha.

I like how there is a good chunk of games early on because the 2nd half of the season is typically just waiting for the playoffs to start (except for last year, whoops). It's a nice way to build in some "guys nights" into the calendar way ahead of time though. If not for blues games I'd probably only see these guys like twice a year.

Reactions: The Note in MI

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
If I lived in St. Louis, I'm pretty sure I would get at least a package. I'm finally at a place financially where I could afford them, but alas, I live in a different state. I envy you guys. I just buy the NHL center ice package every year.

Reactions: c-carp

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I dropped from the season tickets to the 12 game weekend passes. The addition of the different 12 game passes was huge for me, as my gf and I both have the weekends off. That package is a little pricier than the other 12 game ones, but it's still half of what I was paying for the season tickets. Unfortunately, they've priced me out of the season ticket packages now.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
We're looking at moving up into the 300 level to save around 35-40% on the total bill. Like Majority said, as long as the cost doesn't force you to make sacrifices to your family/future, I would re-up. The cost of ours now are getting pretty close to putting us in that situation. We've considered going down to just 2 seats but none of the 4 of us wants to give up going 90-95% of the time so moving back is our only option to cut costs. The struggles this season don't make us want to renew anymore or less, we're doing anything we can to continue to afford them. I couldn't imagine giving them up.

There isn’t anything wrong with the 300s. My seats are in 316 and I’m very happy with them. Bathrooms, concessions, and escalator right at my entrance. We usually park by Maggie’s and the exit at the bottom of the escalator puts you out on the side street to start the walk. We are usually back at our vehicle before the line of traffic starts.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
There isn’t anything wrong with the 300s. My seats are in 316 and I’m very happy with them. Bathrooms, concessions, and escalator right at my entrance. We usually park by Maggie’s and the exit at the bottom of the escalator puts you out on the side street to start the walk. We are usually back at our vehicle before the line of traffic starts.
lucky! I always do plaza. Have to park at the city parking above Maurizio's. We come in on exit 3B from 64 west. I back in on the 3rd floor across from the down ramp and can usually get out in 5-10 minutes.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016

I didn't mean anything was wrong with the 300s, there really isn't a bad seat in the place. It was more so just talking about the fact that because of the renovations, we were forced to decide between staying in our seats in 110, which, for 4 seats, was going to be 44k this year (like we could afford that :laugh:) or moving up because that was our only option/we were looking to save money. The 300s thought was because we thought we would be screwed because we basically got bumped from our seats and because of seniority (only 6 years as STHs), we thought the pickings would be slim when we finally got a chance to pick our new seats.

We ended up with some pretty good seats in section 115. Were the last row in the section, aisle seat on the center ice side with no one behind any of the seats and nobody in front of us in the first two seats. We were pretty pumped to end up with those. We buy the parking pass for the garage connected to the arena and almost always park on the top floor. I like being up there because I'm in charge of deciding whether I let people out of their spots or not (yeah, I'm that a**hole). We're usually out of the garage in 10-15 which isn't bad and I only have a 15-20 minute drive across the river back home. If game time is 7, it's good night in my book if I'm in my driveway by 10:15-10:20. (Assuming the Blues win obviously)

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
I didn't mean anything was wrong with the 300s, there really isn't a bad seat in the place. It was more so just talking about the fact that because of the renovations, we were forced to decide between staying in our seats in 110, which, for 4 seats, was going to be 44k this year (like we could afford that :laugh:) or moving up because that was our only option/we were looking to save money. The 300s thought was because we thought we would be screwed because we basically got bumped from our seats and because of seniority (only 6 years as STHs), we thought the pickings would be slim when we finally got a chance to pick our new seats.

We ended up with some pretty good seats in section 115. Were the last row in the section, aisle seat on the center ice side with no one behind any of the seats and nobody in front of us in the first two seats. We were pretty pumped to end up with those. We buy the parking pass for the garage connected to the arena and almost always park on the top floor. I like being up there because I'm in charge of deciding whether I let people out of their spots or not (yeah, I'm that a**hole). We're usually out of the garage in 10-15 which isn't bad and I only have a 15-20 minute drive across the river back home. If game time is 7, it's good night in my book if I'm in my driveway by 10:15-10:20. (Assuming the Blues win obviously)

I didn’t take it as you saying anything bad about the 300s. I have the money I could easily move down I just can’t justify the price difference. To me watching from higher is better as you can see more of the play develop. Sitting down low is nice though every once in awhile when you’re with new people so they can actually see the speed of the game and the amount of talent it takes to play.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I think it is time to revisit the season ticketholder thread again. Are you guys willing to spend your hard earned money on the current product?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
No. I don’t even live in STL and right now I’m not planning on buying tickets for when the Blues visit town.

Disappointing to say, but there’s no reason to currently.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
The product as it sits now is boring and unexciting, and I've sold a few games already this year online. But, I lived through the year that we do not speak of, so I've been conditioned to being really bad and being a Blues fan since 1967, I've learned not to get my hopes up at all. Stockholm Syndrome is really just BlueNote Syndrome here.

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
I'll renew, just as I did in the last full rebuild. This is my 20th season. I imagine I'll keep going until I retire. It's become a mission. I'll be damned if I give up now. I'm in it for the long haul. I imagine when we win it all, it will feel like being paroled from a life sentence. I wont know how to live on the outside world.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'll renew, just as I did in the last full rebuild. This is my 20th season. I imagine I'll keep going until I retire. It's become a mission. I'll be damned if I give up now. I'm in it for the long haul. I imagine when we win it all, it will feel like being paroled from a life sentence. I wont know how to live on the outside world.
Respect.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Being a season ticket holder, I've been faced with the decision as to whether I am going to renew my tickets or not. I'm ambivalent at the moment. I'd like to hear what some of you guys think?
I stopped doing season tickets for the Blues after 2015. I might go back down that road next season, but I don't want to support the current ownership. I think if the Blues either rebuild or fully implode is the only way I'll do season tickets again. If they keep up this mediocre middling where they suck but ROR is really good so they still win sometimes so Mike Yeo gets to keep his job, then I can't see myself wanting to watch that disaster for 41 games.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

giphy.gif

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
As long as it’s financially possible, yes. Why wouldn’t I?

So far this team hasn’t worked, but it’s not due to a lack of effort put in by the front office or ownership. They’ve been a cap team for several years in a row now. You have to respect that and I want to do my part to ensure they’re able to continue to do that.

I love going to Blues games. Love the atmosphere, love watching the game live, all of it. It’s not like Busch Stadium where I could not go again for a decade and be all right.

Blues are good? I’m going. Blues are bad? I’m going. Blues are stuck in purgatory middle ground? I’m going.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I'll always support them. Even if I don't buy tickets, I'll watch the games, still buy merchandise, etc. But, I work too hard for my money to just piss it away. Part of the contract with the organization and those of us who spend so much money on those season tickets to support the team means that the organization will strive to maintain a competitive team. I consider a failure to make a coaching change at this point a failure to meet that obligation. I don't reward bad decisions by throwing my money at them.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I still go to games when I can. I went in 05-06 when you could get in for like $5. I don't have as much fun when the team is bad, but I still enjoy going so I'll keep going when possible.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'll always support them. Even if I don't buy tickets, I'll watch the games, still buy merchandise, etc. But, I work too hard for my money to just piss it away. Part of the contract with the organization and those of us who spend so much money on those season tickets to support the team means that the organization will strive to maintain a competitive team. I consider a failure to make a coaching change at this point a failure to meet that obligation. I don't reward bad decisions by throwing my money at them.

So if Yeo is fired at the end of the week, does your mind change? Not judging one way or the other, just genuinely curious

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Yikes. Wouldn't spend a fraction of what some of you spend on season tickets on this team.

I know, im just some jerk who wouldn't have the Blues to cheer for if you all didnt spend tons of money on the team.

Maybe that would be the better option. :laugh:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Yikes. Wouldn't spend a fraction of what some of you spend on season tickets on this team.

I know, im just some jerk who wouldn't have the Blues to cheer for if you all didnt spend tons of money on the team.

Maybe that would be the better option. :laugh:

God I know some people who act like that and they’re just the worst. Terrible attitude to have. Some of the best times I have are with friends who can only afford to go once a year or every couple years.

Reactions: Lancer

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
So if Yeo is fired at the end of the week, does your mind change? Not judging one way or the other, just genuinely curious
Not in and of itself, no, but it'd go a long way towards it. Ultimately, their play is going to dictate what I do. I feel very strongly that the coaching is what is holding back the team right now. Whether it is the system, not sitting players who are killing this team, etc., a change needs to be made. It's not just this year I'm looking at. Outside of their play right after Hitch was let go, this team's record has done nothing but sink.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
God I know some people who act like that and they’re just the worst. Terrible attitude to have. Some of the best times I have are with friends who can only afford to go once a year or every couple years.
The best place to watch the game is in the upper bowl because of the fans that show up there. The lower bowls are relatively lifeless in comparison.

When we buy tickets my wife asks if we should spend more to get better seats. I tell her that while you can see a bit more detail, you really can’t see plays develop as well as from above. I go to games for the atmosphere. It just isn’t the same in the lower bowl. And if I want to see more of the game, I can watch it on TV.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I still go to games when I can. I went in 05-06 when you could get in for like $5. I don't have as much fun when the team is bad, but I still enjoy going so I'll keep going when possible.

Ha, I bought season tickets with a friend when they were $7 per game in 07-08. Tough to lose at that price but face value of tickets has risen significantly since then.

I will make it to a game or two per year, but it's tough to justify the cost of going to game when the at home experience is so good. Improved TV presentation cannibalizing ticket sales isn't unique to the Blues or the NHL, it's a long term trend and leagues will have to adjust the live experience accordingly. The ATL Falcons have raised the cost of tickets for their new stadium but have also significantly lowered the cost of concessions. The Blues have recently flip flopped on offering all inclusive tickets. To keep it simple, they need to provide value/experience to the fan even if they are a stinker on the ice, and I'm not sure that has been the case with the Blues.

Bottom line is that the ticket market for big events are inherently messed up for true fans, and the problem is exacerbated by ticket resellers. Supply is fixed and if supply exceeds demand (which will usually be the case with the Blues, no matter how good they are), the loyal fans who paid full price pay far more than the actual value of the tickets. If demand exceeds supply, bots buy up the tickets, jack up the prices, and the loyal fans are out on the cold.

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
I've been doing the 12 game package for the 3 years. Started when we got the winter classic and everyone saying that you must have at less a package to have the best chance to the winter classic tickets which sold out really fast. I renewed ever since. As hard it is right now, we can't say the owners and DA didn't try. Going in everyone was so excited about this season and we should have been with the talent that was brought in because on Paper it looked great. As nice of a guy Yeo is, he doesn't know how manged the team. We seen time and time again Jay Boumeester struggle and yet he KEEPS putting him in important situations. When really he shouldn't be on the team at this point.

Honestly the team can be great again with the right coach and really defensive upgrades which can be done this off season. Jay, Gunnerson, and Bortuzzo are all free agents. Take some of that money sign Joel long term (been the real keeper of the group and should be not as much as Jay deal.) Take the rest of that cap space and get an upgraded player and use guys from the minors to fill in. Keep getting younger feet.

I don't see the rest of the line up changing that much outside maybe no Maroon or something like that. Maybe for cap reasons Steen could have some value to trade for something since with guys like Kryou. We kind of need to create space for the youth moment. If managed right this can be a dynasty with moving parts. It just you need a coach and DM to see it.

I do plan on re newing because I see the potential of what it can be. This year I still have hope, just hope they do something big before it to late that can change there direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad