Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I am 25 year Season Ticket holder and I bought the playoff tickets in my renewal package when it was delivered to me, early in March.

Then later all Hell breaks loose in this World, the NHL " postponed the regular season " and who knows about the playoffs.

Requested a Playoff Ticket refund from the Oilers because of the current state of the world and I never signed up for maybe Playoffs in August, September or who knows. It has been about two weeks with no response or policy released.

The World has been in this state for weeks and the future looks worst before it gets better.

Is it fair the NHL and Billion owners hold on to peoples money during these stuff times for everyone ?

I'd be pissed if the Oilers were holding onto my playoff and renewal money. Playoffs in August are not the same as playoffs in April/May, I'd have a real tough time wanting to be holed up in Rogers Places in the middle of August.

I would hope they would refund your money since they will need to address all STH's once this is sorted out (refund for the remaining season), potentially a shortened next season should mean a lower price, etc.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Received an email yesterday for season seat renewal saying only 15% deposit required and increased the price of my seats. For games that may not be played or even have fans in attendance to start.

Beerad

Aug 18, 2018
Edmonton
I received an email as well, I had already renewed prior to all this bs going down. They’ve credited me for the 7 home games that didn’t happen, then crediting me an additional 5% to have that amount put towards my renewal. I don’t have an issue with it.

Last edited:

Munster

Aug 31, 2014
St. Albert
Got the email from the Oilers on Friday, too.
I am done after over 30 plus years of being a season ticket holder.
Requested a refund by email on the reminding season tickets and the playoff tickets I purchased before this lock down.
The Oiler rep called me to advise the Oilers/NHL has not officially announced the status of the reminding season games and playoffs.
Everyone knows that the regular season is done and the NHL will be lucky to play some revised playoffs with NO FANS.
So the NHL delays the official notice on refunds, so the billionaire owners can hold on to the peoples money during a pandemic.

Last edited:

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Got the email from the Oilers on Friday, too.
I am done after over 30 plus years of being a season ticket holder.
Requested a refund by email on the reminding season tickets and the playoff tickets I purchased before this lock down.
The Oiler rep called me to advise the Oilers/NHL has not officially announced the status of the reminding season games and playoffs.
Everyone knows that the regular season is done and the NHL will be lucky to play some revised playoffs with NO FANS.
So the NHL delays the official notice on refunds, so the billionaire owners can hold on to the peoples money during a pandemic.

Requested my refund as well, officially cancelling my seats.

Resale market will be an absolute tire fire next year with the unemployment/ oil prices / COVID impacts lingering. Attending a game with 18,000 other people will be one of the very last things I do after all of this finally ends, and I have zero interest in attending a game wearing a mask. I'm not cancelling because of COVID (I was going to give them up anyways), but it's just icing on the cake.

Maybe I'll buy a giant TV, a beer fridge, and some loungers for watching the games. Wouldn't even come close to the cost of my tickets.

Reactions: G Unit

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
With so many people dropping out due to COVID19 and other stuff...I took the opportunity to buy seasons and become a tier 1 fan.

Hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
After 4 years with my center ice club seats, I have decided to not renew. The prices are too high for the seats, games I couldn't attend even prime Saturday night games, I struggled to get my season seat cost for the pair. I'd rather put the $21,000 each year to something else.

Reactions: boredem and G Unit

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
I also cancelled my seasons seats....even though I didn’t get to many games this year I was still debating keeping them, but because of COVID there is too many unanswered questions about what next season is going to look like, and I really don’t feel like packing into an arena even on nights I can go, in a world without a vaccine. Further to that, resale on seats is going to be worse than usual i would think...so good luck to those who are renewing or those who are becoming season ticket holders for the first time...but I’m out!

Reactions: boredem

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
Now that the remaining regular season games have been cancelled has anyone received their refund?
Anyone know when they are expected?

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Now that the remaining regular season games have been cancelled has anyone received their refund?
Anyone know when they are expected?

Requested mine in late May, still not on my credit card, have you got your refund? I followed up this week and got this back:

"We can confirm that your request has been submitted internally and will be processed in the order in which it was received. Generally speaking, you can expect your refund to be processed within 15 business days of being submitted. Please allow a few extra days for this to appear on your credit card statement if your refund is on a credit card.
Please note, due to the high volume of requests we are receiving there may be a delay in this timeline."

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
I’m on day 15 and no money returned as of yet. They also don’t man the phones anymore “because of Covid-19”. I’m dancing to keep things afloat and having them tie this money up for so long, adding to the interest paid to credit cards(which you have to use of course), makes me most displeased. If only Rexall was an essential business in these times and could endure the hardship they’re facing...

I have a difficult time believing there hasn’t been some gross conversations amongst the sports leagues, financial institutions and Ticketmaster that started with if they could screw people totally and went to how long they could do it a little. The money they hold from this year, deposits for next year and so on is likely a staggering amount of money collectively. They likely hold on to it because a combination of money in this world not really being material and these corporations having no safety nets for these returns/upcoming financial strain. Institutions have in no way prepared for lost income like us great unwashed have been lectured to.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Been waiting 40 days for my Ticketmaster refund for a concert...only worth $800 its such a joke...the soundtrack music festival sent me my refund right away...and Stubhub told me 30-120 days lol i thought i misheard her and said what?

Last edited:

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
No refund for me yet either. Its not just the money (Although i really need it back on my CC which im still paying interest on) , its the COMPLETE lack of any communication on the part of the Oilers group thats pissing me off. Complete Radio silence. Like WTF?

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
No refund for me yet either. Its not just the money (Although i really need it back on my CC which im still paying interest on) , its the COMPLETE lack of any communication on the part of the Oilers group thats pissing me off. Complete Radio silence. Like WTF?
Exactly. Cut the phone lines and run way over time. This organization really has a gross history when it comes to taking fans for granted. I’ve done my part to subsidize them as a STH, first with 2 other guys in the decade of darkness and on my own in the new arena, and happily move on to my days as a tv fan.

Reactions: mullet and boredem

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Been waiting 40 days for my Ticketmaster refund for a concert...only worth $800 its such a joke...the soundtrack music festival sent me my refund right away...and Stubhub told me 30-120 days lol i thought i misheard her and said what?

I purchased RATM tickets but I figured I'll just wait it out for when they come here next June (hopefully) which is probably quicker then the wait for a refund by ticketmaster.What really pisses me off is airlines not giving refunds. I'm one of those people that buy tickets in advance to save some money. I had flights to Hong Kong, Beijing, Bangkok, Tokyo and Mexico City cancelled on me with only flight credit given back. Tried doing credit card charge backs, going thru travel insurance and arguing with the airlines to no luck yet.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Well it’s been 6 weeks now so I followed up yet again today asking why it was taking so long and that I wanted the money back and I finally got my refund.

Happy to not belong in this thread anymore, I’m out for good!

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Well it’s been 6 weeks now so I followed up yet again today asking why it was taking so long and that I wanted the money back and I finally got my refund.

Happy to not belong in this thread anymore, I’m out for good!

it came in mail or they refunded it on CC? I was told they have to send me a cheque. Nothing yet

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Showed up on my cc in the transactions being processed and then disappeared a day later. Infuriating.

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Received the email the other day from Oilers, states that you can get a full refund up to a week after next season is announced. Wonder what the renewal rate is this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->