Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
So it looks like if you decline for next season but want to opt in for this years playoffs the only option they give you is to pay in full for the playoffs (They assume 16 home games). Brutal. I’m sure they will refund me the difference really quick as well :eyeroll:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nonamee and G Unit

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
So it looks like if you decline for next season but want to opt in for this years playoffs the only option they give you is to pay in full for the playoffs (They assume 16 home games). Brutal. I’m sure they will refund me the difference really quick as well :eyeroll:
Is that even an option?
It seems in order to get play-off tickets you must renew your season seats for next year.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Ya not a big fan of them taking the "perk" of season seat holders playoff rights for the 2019-2020 season and flexing so next years season seats tickets play a factor on how the tickets are available. Greasy!

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013

No reason to do this at all. Bad form.

Reactions: boredem

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
No reason to do this at all. Bad form.
Ya I’m not thrilled I need to pay close to 10k up front. I will but just another reminder they don’t give a f*** about me on my way out. I’ll remind them of that this spring when they call.

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
Anyone attend the breakfast this morning? Despite my best intentions i didn't make it, lol. I'm assuming the Q&A would have been far less contentious than last years?

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Any updates from your reps? I haven't heard anything back yet.

I didn't pay for playoffs yet and I won't if they are forcing me to pay by the 19th, not when we have zero idea of what will happen this year.

Ckpon

Sep 1, 2006
Any updates from your reps? I haven't heard anything back yet.

I didn't pay for playoffs yet and I won't if they are forcing me to pay by the 19th, not when we have zero idea of what will happen this year.

Well I asked Jason Gregor yesterday on twitter and he seems optimistic it’s getting pushed back. I think Oilers need to push it back and give ppl a chance to use money elsewhere especially with this economy.

Attachments

• C80ADD31-18B1-4B56-9F90-1DE2BB65020B.jpeg
    C80ADD31-18B1-4B56-9F90-1DE2BB65020B.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 4

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Well I asked Jason Gregor yesterday on twitter and he seems optimistic it’s getting pushed back. I think Oilers need to push it back and give ppl a chance to use money elsewhere especially with this economy.
My rep finally got back to me, said they will be sending out a notification sometime tomorrow but renewals not required by tomorrow.

Ckpon

Sep 1, 2006
My rep finally got back to me, said they will be sending out a notification sometime tomorrow but renewals not required by tomorrow.

Finally, let’s hope it’s something of substance like 30-60 days. Cause people got to think about re-allocating $$ during this time.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
make renewals end of June, if season cancelled, I want credit/refund.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
Yes, received another e-mail form my rep yesterday saying they are leaving renewal open and further details will be provided later (no word on how long yet).

Doesn't appear to be communication to all STH? I never received anything from the Oilers.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It would be unconscionable for the Oilers to not extend any deadlines and see how this all plays out. All STH have games not played credits, obviously, that should be more than enough for the Oilers to not have to require anything else at this point. Shouldn't even require deposits for next season.

Citadel Theater for instance are gracing their STH deadline for next season indefinitely and credits for paid unseen productions just automatically credited to next season if they cannot be offered as productions prior.

I mean we have banks forgiving mortgage payments, utility companies granting 90 day grace, Oilers should forgive any deadline at this point consistent with what other businesses are doing.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Doesn't appear to be communication to all STH? I never received anything from the Oilers.
No it wasn't from the Oilers organization, it was an e-mail from my STH rep. I was bcc:'d on it so I assume he sent it out to all of his STH's.

Beerad

Aug 18, 2018
Edmonton
Comparing the citadel to the nhl is apples/oranges, nobody cares about the citadel.

the oilers will extend the deadline obviously. They offered me to renew without even paying the deposit. They understand the situation.

It would be unconscionable for the Oilers to not extend any deadlines and see how this all plays out. All STH have games not played credits, obviously, that should be more than enough for the Oilers to not have to require anything else at this point. Shouldn't even require deposits for next season.

Citadel Theater for instance are gracing their STH deadline for next season indefinitely and credits for paid unseen productions just automatically credited to next season if they cannot be offered as productions prior.

I mean we have banks forgiving mortgage payments, utility companies granting 90 day grace, Oilers should forgive any deadline at this point consistent with what other businesses are doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yeah15

Munster

Aug 31, 2014
St. Albert
I am 25 year Season Ticket holder and I bought the playoff tickets in my renewal package when it was delivered to me, early in March.

Then later all Hell breaks loose in this World, the NHL " postponed the regular season " and who knows about the playoffs.

Requested a Playoff Ticket refund from the Oilers because of the current state of the world and I never signed up for maybe Playoffs in August, September or who knows. It has been about two weeks with no response or policy released.

The World has been in this state for weeks and the future looks worst before it gets better.

Is it fair the NHL and Billion owners hold on to peoples money during these stuff times for everyone ?

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I am 25 year Season Ticket holder and I bought the playoff tickets in my renewal package when it was delivered to me, early in March.

Then later all Hell breaks loose in this World, the NHL " postponed the regular season " and who knows about the playoffs.

Requested a Playoff Ticket refund from the Oilers because of the current state of the world and I never signed up for maybe Playoffs in August, September or who knows. It has been about two weeks with no response or policy released.

The World has been in this state for weeks and the future looks worst before it gets better.

Is it fair the NHL and Billion owners hold on to peoples money during these stuff times for everyone ?
At this point I think it would be fair that they refund you since you requested it. And you signed up for april/may playoff dates, not this. Actually there is zero chance of spectators for any dates so everyone should be refunded. Big businesses looooove free loans though.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country

They at least owe you the respect of a response even if it isn't what you want to hear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad