Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by hoove17, May 27, 2019.

1. CanmoreMike Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Currently woefully underemployed
    I am pretty sure it was one of my complaints during the last STH Survey - extras like these.

I think as a thank-you to the STH it makes sense to get them through first and then start doing public tours in the offseason when you've worked out all the kinks. That's my take - I hope they follow through and add another tourist event downtown for the summer months.

I go Thursday - I'll let people know how it went.

2. Sniper99 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Understandable for sure, especially when some of you STH's have paid all that money through the dark era of this team.

Look forward to hearing how it all went.

CanmoreMike likes this.
  3. CanmoreMike Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Thinking about it even if they didn’t embrace my smaller venue idea how about just going to Oil Kings configurations for all non-Canadian games?

If they sold 16K packages that feature two Canadian games and play the remaining 6 games (round robin math may be off, apologies if I am) in lower bowl configuration only that’s 54K seats to fill. But if every one of the Canadian packages got 1 ticket to those games that fills 32K seats leaving you 22K to fill. Add in either a QF or Semifinal game and those packages are filled and selling.

another new set of packages featuring non-Canadian round robin games paired with playoff games. Say the gold medal game paired with 3 non-Canadian games. Those will sell.

Something like that. Looking at this years pool A it doesn’t appear to be a bad group but what will next years look like? It could suck royally.

4. CanmoreMike Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Tour wasn't bad - had a lot of fun. The big downside is that you don't get to go into the Oilers dressing room but the hosts did specify at the beginning of the tour that people are still working in the building and players, such as those injured like Matt Benning, could be inside getting treatment or working out so they get their space. Might sound like an excuse, and I'll treat it as such if they continue these tours in the summer and still don't feature the dressing room.

But you see the press gallery, Studio 99 which included some explanations about the memorabilia up there (Studio 99 open after games and free to visit if you are at all interested in a post-game beverage). The press gallery was really impressive with it's views of the house. The Oilers should have built a similar one on the opposite side and charged a premium ala Sportsnet Lounge.

You see backstage change rooms for concert acts. They take you down to the ice level where the zambonis come out. While you don't see the Oilers change room the visiting change room is still impressive. The tour guide pointed out a door that's been smacked by visiting players in frustration and how they've sent bill of payment to players (none mentioned by name) to repair their damage. It also included a visit to both players benches, a walk past the Oilers room. They opened the doors and you could partially see inside but not much farther. It ends with a visit to the Trophy room where the coaches host their post game press conferences and seeing a bunch of the memorabilia.

It didn't change my life by any means but it was an interesting evening. Met up with the boys for wings and beer and walked over to check out the tours.

Overall it was good but I hope they include the Oilers change room in the future during the offseason. I've been on other tours (MSG, Qwest Field, Safeco) and the only one that included the locker rooms was MSG but that was during the summer. All the others were in-season, with games on deck the following day or that evening, and they were careful to avoid the players areas. So while disappointed they didn't include the thing most of us would want to see I understand their position.

TB12 likes this.
  5. Sniper99 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Thats cool. It would be great if they could open RP to tours in the off season when the players are not around or no other events goin on.

I toured SkyDome (refuse to call it Rogers Centre and we couldnt go down on the field as they were prepping for some bollywood concert but you got to goto the Rogers luxury box and a few other places.

I got to tour now ScotiaBank Arena about 6-7 years ago, that was during the season and so you couldnt go down below as the Devils were practicing but you go to go pretty much everywhere else.

6. Killer Z Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I was a STH for 12 years. The main benefit was always the discounted rate one would receive on their tickets for essentially committing to the season and buying in bulk.

Approx 3 years ago I noticed this benefit fade and finally disappear. I thought it may have been a one year phenomenon, but it endured on, and continues to do so to this very day.

I now pick and choose the games I wish to see, and buy them on the Ticket Exchange or StubHub. Even with the wild fees these sites charge, I am still purchasing tickets at less than STH cost ......not to mention I do not have the burden of mitigating my losses on the less desirable games.

Until such time that the demand corrects the price (which may never happen), there is an overwhelming amount of supply available in the secondary market that continues to create this disincentive.

oreos2334 likes this.
  7. G Unit Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Soooo....is it too soon to be thinking about buying playoff tickets? Anyone remember what the markup was last time on season ticket holder seats?

8. samiam Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    In 2017, for my seats, playoff pricing for Round 1 was 156% of what the regular season was, and 182 % for Round 2.

G Unit likes this.
  9. jeg Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I know some guys will hate me bringing this up this early but im interested in hearing if anyone who splits season seats has a fair way to distribute playoff tickets?

We split 2 seats 4 ways and want it as fair as i can. Be great to hear how you've ran yours in the past or will be currently

10. Beerad Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Sales
    Really tough to do considering you’re only guaranteed 2 games. I’ve made a request to my coordinator that season seat holders should get additional tickets (pending availability), then at least you could buy more to divy up.

I share with 1 other person who buys 25% so it’s easy. I take the 1st game, they take the next and then I take the next 2.

11. oilblue Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Looks like renewals and playoff options will be arriving next week!

I’m in for playoffs but out for next year. Not looking forward to the cost of playoff tickets, hopefully I can resell some for at least my cost (was a tough go in the 2nd round vs Anaheim last time)

G Unit likes this.
  12. Ck1 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Received my email for ticket renewal March 19 for both playoff and next years season. Was thinking I wouldn’t have to renew until at least the season was done as I have not yet decided 100% if I’m renewing. This might be the deciding factor if I choose to renew or not.

13. nhlisajoke Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Financial Analyst
    i split with a guy but in our contract I have written playoff tics not included.....i probably wont be an asshole though and split playoffs as well

14. oilblue Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    If I recall correctly last time they made the playoffs they gave you 4 options:

1- Renew for next year and IN for playoffs this year
    2- Renew for next year and OUT for playoffs this year
    3- Don't renew for next year and IN for playoffs
    4 - Don't renew for next year and OUT for playoffs.

I would imagine it will be the same this year, you'll have to decide on both by the 19th. However, given the lack of sales, I would imagine if you say no to renewing they will be calling in the spring/summer to try and get you back on board.

15. jeffff Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    We as well, split between 5 guys though.

We draw numbers, basically a draft, thats the fairest way. Yeah there is a chance that some guys may not get a game, but at least they'll save some money haha.

If all you guys know each other and don't mind going to the games with one another. You can draft individual seats, not the game.

jeg likes this.
  16. oilers106 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Has anyone that’s a season ticket holder not received an email about renewals/playoffs? Supposedly an email was sent out last week notifying the deadline is March 19 but I have not received anything

17. Beerad Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Sales
    Ya an email went out, check the email on your account and confirm it’s correct. Packages were mailed out late last week

18. G Unit Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    After taking a look at last years seasons ticket holder renewal package, I find the March 19th deadline extremely aggressive considering the deadline last year was May 23rd!!...If we have nailed down a playoff spot by the deadline I’ll feel a lot better, but if it’s a tight race still at that point? ...It seems obvious they are trying to nail down current ST holders while the overall mood is still a positive one, and not risk losing more of us like last year. I’m looking forward to seeing what the pricing structure will look like. It would be nice if they held the line on ST prices one more year, but I’m not holding my breath

19. oilers106 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Don’t be surprised if you see a jump to make up for last years price hold....

ont be

G Unit likes this.
  20. oilblue Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I don't think there is any advantage for them to hold prices again. Holding the price or even lowering it by 2% isn't going to bring people back all of a sudden.

21. oilers106 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Next season and playoff prices

Attached Files:

22. oilers106 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Prices relatively stayed the same. I think mine went up about $50/seat.

Playoff prices this year are also almost identical to what they were 3 years ago

23. samiam Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    So it appears 1 of 3 things has happened, depending on where you sit:

1. Prices went down by 5% (certain sections)
    2. Prices stayed flat (certain sections)
    3. Prices increased by 2% (certain sections)

Overall I'm actually surprised. Was expecting worse.

P.S - Playoff pricing is almost identical to 2017

24. oilblue Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Mine are up 2%. Not a surprise.
    Hard pass! It was fun while it lasted.

G Unit likes this.
  25. Nonamee Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000