Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by Mcjesus88, Jul 7, 2018.

1. redgrant

redgrant Registered User

Anyone who buys season tickets at this stage is a fool.

2. redgrant

redgrant Registered User

You can spend your money however you want. I have a device called television where I can watch mcdavid.

If you continue to pay for garbage management sees no problem and reason to change.

Last edited by moderator Lshap: Dec 31, 2018
  3. guymez

guymez The Seldom Seen Kid

Then dont spend your money.
    Trying to dictate what other people do with their money is over stepping your bounds IMO.

TB12 and Senor Catface like this.
  4. 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg Booze for Hughes Sponsor

None
    Zero. I’ll be a few in tomorrow at the game.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  5. Senor Catface

Senor Catface Registered User

It's just an opinion. I'm being pretty polite about this. I think that people shouldn't give their money to the Oilers since that's a way the team might listen. The same way I would tell someone not to see White Chicks in the theater.

No one would scream at me for telling them how to spend their money over that, would they?

Aerrol likes this.
  6. Del Preston

Del Preston Registered User

White Chicks was a terrific movie.

TB12 and Aerrol like this.
  7. Senor Catface

You are a monster.

8. Del Preston

Del Preston Registered User

[​IMG]

TB12, Aerrol and 5 Mins 4 Ftg like this.
  9. 5 Mins 4 Ftg

None
    You continually bash STH like they are the problem. Guess what. No STH, no team. You can go watch the Oil Kings all year long. Mind you they move as well as they are owned by the OEG. So I guess your reduced to watching and whining about the Crusaders or the SWZ Midget AAA team.

The problem is we have a narcissistic and nepotistic owner with more money than God who wants to party like its 1985 with his OBC buddies over a new Stanley Cup win. Playoff revenue or lack therof is the golden goose here. Not season tickets.

I’m sick and ****ing tired of STH being singled out as a problem and the ridiculous Boycott the Oilers threads by guys who have not one nickel into tickets but watch the Telly like they are Joe ****ing Innocent.

10. guymez

White chicks...i must be out of touch....haven't heard of it.

In any event its a little different to suggest that a product isnt worth the money as opposed to implying that the people who buy seasons tickets are part of the problem.

TB12 and 5 Mins 4 Ftg like this.
  11. redgrant

redgrant Registered User

Oh God that's indirect money. You do realize if 5000 season ticket holder and 5000 tv viewers stopped its not the same thing.

Enjoy trekking in the cold to see the team get spanked on new years eve.

You suggest illegally streaming games? Now who's the ****ing moron.

Peanut Butter likes this.
  12. Senor Catface

It's a business though. As a user of a business, what is the most common thing people do if they aren't happy with the product? Usually stop using the product. Sometimes that works, and it'll take notice. My suggestion was only to try and affect their bottom line since it could make the franchise take notice. I don't know, I'm sort of out of ideas with this franchise.

I respect that you have a different opinion than me on this, but I'm a little surprised you're supportive of the unhinged poster that feels that need to keep saying "**** off" "**** this" "asshat" blah blah blah.

I mean, what's wrong with a simple adult conversation about this right?

(If you're not busy later we can go see White Chicks together)

Jamin and Aerrol like this.
  13. guymez

So what...you want to see White Chicks again? Are you a glutton for punishment? :laugh:

I am just of the mindset that season ticket expenditures is a different animal than going to a movie or shopping at a particular store. For one the structure of the expense is completely different.
    I used to be a season ticket holder years ago...back when the team was struggling. I made the choice to go because I enjoy hockey and I also used the games as an opportunity to spend time with my brother and my Dad.
    If someone had of told me that I was part of the problem I would have told them to Piss off too.

Its none of their business what i do with my money. If they were to suggest that it was poor value then thats a different matter all together.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Nonamee and goggog like this.
  14. Senor Catface

Haven't you seen what team we cheer for!!

Jamin, 5 Mins 4 Ftg and Aerrol like this.
  15. guymez

I know...thats what made it funny to me. :D

Senor Catface likes this.
  16. Aerrol

Aerrol ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

@Senor Catface hasn't been rude, he's making a very valid point. Ranting about Katz' nepotism won't change things. Public shaming almost certainly won't either. The only thing that will get the Oilers and Katz' attention is a significant drop in their revenue.

You're free to enjoy the NHL product you go to consume with your hard earned dollars, but you're putting your head in the sand if you think that continuing to pay for the product isn't still supporting the team's poor behaviour. And I say that as someone who has good friends who are STHs. I've said as much to them too, and will probably be asking them if they still intend to keep their tickets again in coming days.

As for the end result being the Oilers leaving town? Honestly, I don't even think that'd be the worst thing in the world now. The market has more than shown that it's willing to pay tonnes of money for even a half-decent NHL product. If the team gets moved another team will eventually return IMO - and I finally get to stop cut ties with the endless heartache of being a dumb Oilers fan. (not that I think it'd even get to that point. I think one year where the team finally has bad ticket sales would be more than enough to cause Katz to finally purge the top ranks).

ThePhoenixx, Jamin and Senor Catface like this.
  17. 5 Mins 4 Ftg

None
    Look I apologize if I am over the top but it’s been a continual theme here, often led by you, to blame STH and tell us what to do with our money.

18. 5 Mins 4 Ftg

None
    Lack of Playoff revenue will drive change. That is on record.

The Oilers leaving? Ask the good folks in Winnipeg and QC what that’s like.

I’m tired of non STH taking this moral high ground on STH and laying blame at our feet.

It’s become a theme of this board to slag STH when things go bad and when today happens STH often get **** on.

But non STH will still watch on TV. SMH.

I’ll go to the games and when a lack of playoff revenue and the glory that comes with it for our owner who quite frankly is richer than this entire board combined doesn’t get his glory, change will happen. That I believe.

Nonamee, Ck1 and guymez like this.
  19. Senor Catface

I've only made about 5 or 6 posts about the topic, so I'm not sure I would say I'm leading anything, other than a promotional tour for the box office disaster, White Chicks.

I've seen other people post about it, and I've never said STHs are dumb or STHs are bad with their money, or STHs are wasting their money. I've heard a lot worse said than my meek posts. I made one tongue-in-cheek post in another topic, but I followed that up by saying of course STHs aren't to blame for the team's situation.

5 Mins 4 Ftg and Aerrol like this.
  20. Aerrol

Aerrol ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

You just started a thread which included the following quote:

"If this does not scream "Organizational Ineptitude" I do not know what does.
    You can continue to waste digital ink screaming for Chia's head but none of it matters unless the front office is purged and purged hard, along with our entire pro scouting staffs.

Every one of these men should be sent packing other than W Gretzky who as an owner cant be sent packing.

But I cant wait for the Oilers next "We Used To Be Great" celebrations at Rogers. Tickets for $20 each."

And here you state that the "lack of glory" and playoff revenues is going to lead to significant change? Seems like two pretty contradictory statements to me. The lack of glory for over a decade didn't seem to matter. Lack of playoff revenue will likely lead to middling change, but doesn't hurt enough to really cut out the OBC in my opinion.

Hey, maybe things get better and Katz actually is furious with the state of things. Sure would be nice. But it defies all the evidence we've seen under Katz IMO.

21. 5 Mins 4 Ftg

None
    Katz wants one thing. A Stanley Cup. No playoffs means no chance at a cup, no chance at new glory and precious Playoff revenue is lost. That will fuel change and that is also on record. I am not making that up.

To blame STH at the current state of affairs, and with certain posters it’s been a continual diatribe and I’m sick of it, its BS. Calling for boycotts of paid for seats is ridiculous.

But it’s funny how those who have zero money in tickets call for the heads of STH and boycotts. But they will watch the team on tv....SMH.

22. 5 Mins 4 Ftg

None
    I am sure I’ve read plenty of posts by you railing on about STH being an issue in the past. If I am mistaken then I sincerely apologize.

I do not believe those that pay for games out of their hard earned money should be ostracized here. Lay the blame at the feet of those responsible for the OBC and our ridiculous failed management structure and hideously bad GM.

Sure lack of revenue will be a catalyst for change. That lack of revenue will be the lack of playoff revenue and the glory that is missed.

23. Aerrol

Aerrol ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

So Katz ISN'T a problem? Just his best buds in the OBC that he refuses to fire? Man, you have been flip flopping between positions like crazy.

24. 5 Mins 4 Ftg

None
    I’m not sure how your connecting the dots here.

Katz wants a cup and the glory that comes with it. Playoff revenue lost means glory lost. Maybe that means change will come. I can hope it does. Probably not.

Not sure how that equates to his refusing to ****can his OBC. He believes for some reason they will lead the team to glory. I don’t.

That doesn’t mean I won’t buy tickets. And I can’t buy playoff tickets if they don’t make the playoffs. Missing the playoffs is stated as being by the Oilers a catalyst for change.

Either way the problem here is the OBC, the GM, the awful failed management structure and an owner who for some reason can’t or won’t run this enterprise like Jeff Vinik does in Tampa. The problem is not the STH.

Nonamee likes this.
  25. Aerrol

Aerrol ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

OK, you've finally come to a point that makes some sense to me. I wish more STH would cancel to actually punish Katz for his handling of the team but it's certainly not their fault for paying for and enjoying a service. I just think it gives the Oilers more wiggle room to shuffle deck chairs instead of making real change.

For the record, I went back three pages in here and see one guy calling STHs stupid. Not sure where this feeling of persecution and ostracizing STHs is coming from.

Peanut Butter likes this.