Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Every teams primary source of revenue comes from STH. But make no mistake, out of arena revenue has increased exponentially with the addition of live streaming rights, new television rights and broadcast rights deals, gambling rights, marketing and so much more than was not around when KLown decided to stick an entire shoe store in his mouth. If you are consuming the product in any way, you are supporting the team thus your criticism of STH enablement is hollow and hypocritical.

As for "insecure" I am the furthest thing from it thank you. However I am tired of the endless accusations and being beaten over the head in this forum for being a STH and am pushing back.
If you take counterpunching as insecurity thats up to you.

Ya? How many breakfasts do the Oilers have with non STH? I haven't received a survey since I gave up my seats and only watch on TV. It seems like you're trying to create a false equivalency to TV watchers to justify being a season ticket holder lol.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
This thread or one like it has been around for years and it’s always been about info exchange in relation to registry, events, upgrades, experience, etc. A lot of the posting was from non-STH asking legitimate questions.
Earlier this season most of the posts started to be about how STH are responsible for propping up the OBC regime and how if only the selfish STH would all give up their tickets then Katz would see the light and fire everyone in the front office.
Two threads for these two purposes would have been nice, I could have put the one full of illogical hypocrisy on ignore. I tried to create 2 different threads a while back, one for STH info and another for debate about STH themselves but then I got accused of creating a tier 1 thread and they both got closed.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
So does any STH intend to move locations if there is indeed a massive drop in renewals? If so where do you intend to locate and why? Or if your staying whats the perks of the seats?

I'm curious to hear what people like and don't like. Last year i was Sec 122 row 8 Great site lines for OT right on the goal line not so good to see the far right corner glass got in the way.
I know what you mean, I was in 121 row 7 the last 2 years and it was great when plays happened right in front of you but the sight lines were awful to the far corner. The far net was not only through the glass but the penalty box as well. It's not good when you have to look up at the scoreboard often just to see the play.
I'm at the back of the section now (row 24) and it's way better, the only reason to look at the scoreboard is for replays. If they become available I'd like to move 5-10 rows closer and to the opposite side of the section ie: closer to the blue line instead of on the face-off dot. There's very few ways to upgrade your seats without paying more at Roger's so that would be about all I'd want to do. At Rexall they had far less price points so "good seats for the money" existed. At Roger's if a seat is a bit better, it costs a bit more.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I heard on Bob Stauffer's show that OEG listens to and reads everything written about them.

If that was true they should be very concerned about this thread. You have a group of people calling your best customers enablers tantamount to buying drugs for a heroin addict. You have people ripping apart the arena. You have many questioning the sincerity of this organization's commitment to winning.

Wow. What a job they have done to their brand.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
I know what you mean, I was in 121 row 7 the last 2 years and it was great when plays happened right in front of you but the sight lines were awful to the far corner. The far net was not only through the glass but the penalty box as well. It's not good when you have to look up at the scoreboard often just to see the play.
I'm at the back of the section now (row 24) and it's way better, the only reason to look at the scoreboard is for replays. If they become available I'd like to move 5-10 rows closer and to the opposite side of the section ie: closer to the blue line instead of on the face-off dot. There's very few ways to upgrade your seats without paying more at Roger's so that would be about all I'd want to do. At Rexall they had far less price points so "good seats for the money" existed. At Roger's if a seat is a bit better, it costs a bit more.

Great to hear ya we were thinking of moving up to the row 16-24 area but your right every move comes with a cost that well have to weigh out. Obviously would love the drink rails at the top of the section but they are loved by all so its a wait game. May try and flip to the Oilers attack twice end of the rink as well.

Anyone find the Aisle seats to be beneficial? They claim bigger but im wondering if the price point and the fact that you are ususally the most likely to be up and down letting people in and out if that is the answer.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Is there a way to know if the people around you are season seat holders? A draw for me would be to located next to a group of season ticket holders to get to know them, part of the experience can be discussions that happen through out the game/season. Thanks!

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Anyone know if you pay deposit, and decide later to not renew, if you get your money back. I’m thinking of seeing what I can get when relocations occurs in June. if I don’t get what I want, can I cancel?

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Anyone know if you pay deposit, and decide later to not renew, if you get your money back. I’m thinking of seeing what I can get when relocations occurs in June. if I don’t get what I want, can I cancel?
Once you renew you are on the hook and that happens before relocations.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG

I am guessing no. I'd be surprised if they said yes to that arrangement.

I think at best you might be able to use your money deposited on a ticket pack and be done with your season's tickets that way.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
When people feel the right to criticize others for how they legally spend their $ IMO it shows that people need to learn to mind their own business and not feel entitled to tell others how to live their lives. We are all in control of ourselves and our own families if we have children. Beyond that unless people are affecting our lives or preying on others we should learn to mind our own business as a species imo.
Couldnt agree more. The world would be a better place if people would just learn to tend to their own business. Sadly I believe we’ve gone too far down the wrong path now to ever return to the days when that simple truth directed the behaviour of most people.

That said, I think it’s the ‘business’ of Oiler fans to comment on Oiler related news - like new arenas and the value of buying seat packages. I see at least one fan who seems to believe that commenting in this thread should be a privilege limited to STH. I disagree with that, but then I’ve always felt that the best way to avoid having people meddle in, or offer unwanted commentary on, your ‘business’ is to refrain from telling everyone your business.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Couldnt agree more. The world would be a better place if people would just learn to tend to their own business. Sadly I believe we’ve gone too far down the wrong path now to ever return to the days when that simple truth directed the behaviour of most people.

That said, I think it’s the ‘business’ of Oiler fans to comment on Oiler related news - like new arenas and the value of buying seat packages. I see at least one fan who seems to believe that commenting in this thread should be a privilege limited to STH. I disagree with that, but then I’ve always felt that the best way to avoid having people meddle in, or offer unwanted commentary on, your ‘business’ is to refrain from telling everyone your business.

Ain't the bolded the truth.

Just in case anybody doesn't know 5 4 Fighting is an STH with premium seats in Loge that uses it for tax deduction for his company. You might not know that, he's only mentioned it 238 times. Some people just want that out there for some reason. Last guy I saw here like that went by the name of "Moneyguy".

Theres plenty of STH here like Trident that don't go out of their way to rub their premium seats in peoples faces. But some have to get the loudspeaker out.

Anybody remember the guy that said he was the owner of the New Asian Village restaurant chain here and would say to those he like that he would wine and dine them all for free in his exclusive digs...

It never happened. People kept asking, he kept ducking. Finally the guy stopped posting here. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Peanut Butter

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ya? How many breakfasts do the Oilers have with non STH? I haven't received a survey since I gave up my seats and only watch on TV. It seems like you're trying to create a false equivalency to TV watchers to justify being a season ticket holder lol.

Man you really are reaching. Believe what you want. Just don’t be a hypocrite.

Tell you what. I’ll continue to support the team my way. You continue to support the team your way. Either way we are both supporting the team.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Is there a way to know if the people around you are season seat holders? A draw for me would be to located next to a group of season ticket holders to get to know them, part of the experience can be discussions that happen through out the game/season. Thanks!

I’m sure if you asked your rep they’d let you know.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Great to hear ya we were thinking of moving up to the row 16-24 area but your right every move comes with a cost that well have to weigh out. Obviously would love the drink rails at the top of the section but they are loved by all so its a wait game. May try and flip to the Oilers attack twice end of the rink as well.

Anyone find the Aisle seats to be beneficial? They claim bigger but im wondering if the price point and the fact that you are ususally the most likely to be up and down letting people in and out if that is the answer.
I have isle seats sec 127 row 8 and love them. The couple times you have to let someone out is worth it not having to wiggle your way out through others who have to let you out. I have sat in other seats around the arena and haven’t found any as comfortable seats as the ones I have now.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Are they going to send out renewals this year?
I got an email that said mid April. I think they were hoping to fluke out and win the lottery or maybe squeak in to the playoffs first. Now they don’t have a hope of good news to send out renewals with so I don’t know what the hold up is.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
I got an email that said mid April. I think they were hoping to fluke out and win the lottery or maybe squeak in to the playoffs first. Now they don’t have a hope of good news to send out renewals with so I don’t know what the hold up is.
Think maybe there holding off little longer see how the playoffs go. Maybe there waiting on a certain team to exit the playoffs in the first round to start talks with there agm. There hoping they can have a gm in place when they send them out.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I've said it before in previous years - They are better off to wait and send the renewal packages out in the late spring / early summer.

Watching playoff hockey gets people dreaming of another Oilers playoff run, you haven't watch the team in awhile so you start to forget how bad they are. Then you get those false hopes from a few small moves.

How many times have we signed some 3rd-4th line winger and people start posting their projected lineups with them in it saying how much better we now look. We get delusional during the summer.... probably from too many patio beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad