Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
It appears that ticket prices have dropped since STH sales and Power pack sales. Games are going for as low as 58dollars on individual ticket sales but were minimum 75bucks even in the power pack sales.

Seems as if management just decided to fire sale these quick to avoid the embarrassment and new precedent of non sellouts. I would be pissed if I bought packs or STH.

I remember power packs have always been priced higher per ticket than individual ticket sales. It's the idea that if you buy a power pack you can save money on a 'premium' game but the team still gets their money since you're paying more for a 'regular' game or even preseason.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
I remember power packs have always been priced higher per ticket than individual ticket sales. It's the idea that if you buy a power pack you can save money on a 'premium' game but the team still gets their money since you're paying more for a 'regular' game or even preseason.

Power Packs back many years ago were 20% off face value and season tickets were 40% off face value.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
I see, I remember last year or the year before that they were more expensive than individual games when I went to buy them but I guess that wasn't always the case! Thanks for the correction.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
You guys vote on the goal song? Holy smokes did I ever hate the 2 new options, made the old one sound like the best goal song ever in my opinion. Rated them both 1's and wrote why I thought they sucked haha.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Best goal song was from late 80’s “Still the One”. Oh the glory days!!!

Anyone remember that, 88 playoffs I think

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Seems to me they're obviously trying to pick a song that will be chanted by the crowd, like Chicago's Chelsea Dagger. I find these options incredibly lame.

I still like the idea of letting the players pick their own goal song, either for themselves individually or for the entire team by way of a player vote, maybe changing on a week-to-week or month-to-month basis for the latter.

Reactions: TB12

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I don't like either option there.

But they need a new one. Its the worst goal song in the league.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I still like the idea of letting the players pick their own goal song, either for themselves individually or for the entire team by way of a player vote, maybe changing on a week-to-week or month-to-month basis for the latter.

I like the idea of the players choosing, they might get tired of choosing that often though. Even just the start of every season.

Chicago's is great but they are really the only one that stands out from the crowd to me.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
The Options for the goal song were so bad for this year i couldn't believe it. I don't mind the premise of the first song but the pace and music type was so slow and dark didnt make me want to get up and cheer that's for sure

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I picked the current song. I think it's pretty decent and likely kind of annoying for the opposing team which is a plus.

Nonamee

Sep 2, 2016
Anyone know how many are on the wait list? Wonder if we saw a big drop due to on-ice performance, rising costs and arena buzz coming down.

I'm pretty confident that seats were available, in essentially all locations throughout Rogers Place, for any and all who chose to come off the list and purchase them. At this point I would wager that the list is only comprised of those who chose NOT to become season ticket holders this year BUT to remain on the list; after renewal time it can't be in the 4 digits.

Pretty sure one could have joined the list after the season was over and bought season seats. Right now virtually every home game (besides Toronto) still has numerous seats available with more being released on Friday.

Hopefully this situation will have a positive effect on the OEG and their efforts RE: the in game experience etc.

I'm not impressed that while season seat costs went up again this year (like every year), retail prices actually went down (at least in the sections that I am familiar with).

This time next year will be interesting, it's a grand understatement to say a lot is riding on this season ...

Having said all this, I know someone out there will have actual numbers and I am most interested to know them as well.

Last edited:

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
This is now my 5th Year on the Registry and this year was the first "real" year I could've bought tickets (Last 2 years were Sportsnet club/Premium Seats that I have no interest in)

On selection day, there was tons to choose from in all price ranges. I elected not to buy seats this year because I am actually part of a Season Seat buying group and have had Season Seats (not under my name) for the past 2 seasons. I would have purchased my own through the registry this year if I had not given my 20% Deposit to my buying group in April.

I will probably forgo my Buying Group Tickets next year and select seats from the Registry - That being said, I am still 638 on the registry list, so if we do really well this year, I am far enough away that I may not have an opportunity to buy seats off the registry. If they shit the bed again, I will most likely be able to sit wherever I want in the building.

This is going to be an interesting season for this team. A lot is riding on success. If there isn't any, its not going to be pretty...

greenlightning86

Mar 5, 2008
I'm pretty confident that seats were available, in essentially all locations throughout Rogers Place, for any and all who chose to come off the list and purchase them. At this point I would wager that the list is only comprised of those who chose NOT to become season ticket holders this year BUT to remain on the list; after renewal time it can't be in the 4 digits.

This is a very uneducated guess. This will be my 3rd year on the list and I am number 1,678. So it is definitely still in the 4 digits. When my window was open I had the option of mostly triples and singles. There were a couple doubles up top and the bottom but nothing worth paying for.

I am not complaining just letting you know that people don't realize just how large the wait list has been and continues to be.

Nonamee

Sep 2, 2016
This will be my 3rd year on the list and I am number 1,678.

That's very interesting indeed. I have a relative who just joined the list in August, and after he joined, the email he received indicated that he was # 752 ...

JUST KIDDING ;)

I'm still standing by my uneducated guess though. Do us a solid and one month after the $75 annual renewal fee deadline passes, please call/email your rep and ask them what your current number is. If you are up to it after, let us know what it is.

Thank you for sharing your information regardless.

Last edited:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
During the game tonight I saw an ad saying more tickets were going to be released on Monday for 'all Oiler games'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->