Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
All very cool prizes but it sucks that it took the team being where it is (again) for them to try to cater to the fans like this. These types of things should be automatic on a year to year basis. Hopefully at least one of these prizes goes to someone on HF :)
I agree that things like this should be automatic every season no matter how many games the Oilers win/lose. Rewarding the most regular customers of your product should be basic business policy. The cost to the team is not over the top, yet the value to the customer is substantial. That's a pretty cool list of prizes, and if I was a STH I'd be delighted to win any of them except the Bob and Jack one.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Food and drink costs them nowhere near 2k. They pay cost for that crap. And I guarantee you that Katz been Katz, the Box they are using is one that would be empty anyways

Was discussed in other posts. Regardless of “cost” it is nice to see. Can’t criticize that.

Reactions: boredem

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Appears the Oilers doing a full court press to retain STH. Just got an email tonight announcing that they have 10 STH experiences they are drawing for, from a suite for the Sharks game to Loge concert tickets to meet and greets w various Oilers after practices or in Vegas w McDavid Draisatl and K Gretzky (our next GM). Really about time. They’ve taken STH for granted for a long time. This is a nice gesture at the very least. Too bad I am away for most of them.

Either way looks pretty cool.

This kinda stuff should be done every year IMO.

Im ready to give up my season tickets, just because they really dont offer anything special.

Step in the right direction, but its a little late.

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Has anyone had any luck in selling their tickets at close to season tix cost? Just wondering if some areas are better than others. I'm in section 231, and Im getting soaked last couple of months.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Has anyone had any luck in selling their tickets at close to season tix cost? Just wondering if some areas are better than others. I'm in section 231, and Im getting soaked last couple of months.
Not even close. Lower bowl behind net.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009

Same, center ice club seats behind visitor bench. Haven't gotten cost on games sold in sometime.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Received mail from the Oilers today (not home to open it yet). I assume it's the renewal package.

Anyone opened it yet? Wonder if they are increasing prices.

ibis284

Oct 13, 2006
Received mail from the Oilers today (not home to open it yet). I assume it's the renewal package.

Anyone opened it yet? Wonder if they are increasing prices.

It’s just a litho card. Packages aren’t coming till after the season (draft lottery) most likely

Reactions: harpoon

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
It’s just a litho card. Packages aren’t coming till after the season (draft lottery) most likely
Lol lame, thanks for the info though.

I was surprised since usually they e-mail you before they come out. Wonder how many more gifts we will receive before the packages? :laugh:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Oilers are counting on winning the #1 overall, so they can expect a flood of people renewing their tickets, and a new batch of suckers in the lineup.

joekdo

Dec 19, 2011
Sounds of it from the STH events is they plan to introduce new "benefits" to increase the "value" to STHs. Will wait and see what happens. A small price drop (or at the very least, no increase) would be nice.

Was in Phoenix for the Coyotes game and they had a discounted drink item for STHs there: $5 for the Margarita for STHs, $13.25 for regular folk. Discounts across the board for all other food and beverage.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Sounds of it from the STH events is they plan to introduce new "benefits" to increase the "value" to STHs. Will wait and see what happens. A small price drop (or at the very least, no increase) would be nice.

Was in Phoenix for the Coyotes game and they had a discounted drink item for STHs there: $5 for the Margarita for STHs, $13.25 for regular folk. Discounts across the board for all other food and beverage.

I agree with them including food in STH discounts. I've had family passes to the Living Desert Zoo in Palm Desert, museum passes, Telus World of Science passes and they all include discounts on food and beverage.

Have to ask - was this discount in Glendale a one time thing or an everyday thing?

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I will not be renewing after 25 years no matter what they do. My firm is not keeping its Loge as its Licence expires this year.

Wow - so you got in around 1994 - the first real low-point in Oilers history. Why'd you buy in then? Any perks (beside on ice competency) that you regret them taking away over the years?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I do not know personally a single season ticket holder who is renewing or at best downgrading their tickets to a less expensive option. The poor economy combined with record tying ineptitude by this franchise are going to be toxic for the Oilers.

In fact I am not sure how bad it’s going to be but I think it could be very bad indeed. I might be the only one left in the building lol.

When a business loses decades old customers you just don’t get them back. They may nibble around the edges a bit but this seems like a mass exodus by two generations old ticket holders which is irreplaceable.

I have already told my account manager I want to move closer to center ice. :naughty:

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Husker Du

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton
I do not know personally a single season ticket holder who is renewing or at best downgrading their tickets to a less expensive option. The poor economy combined with record tying ineptitude by this franchise are going to be toxic for the Oilers.

In fact I am not sure how bad it’s going to be but I think it could be very bad indeed. I might be the only one left in the building lol.

When a business loses decades old customers you just don’t get them back. They may nibble around the edges a bit but this seems like a mass exodus by two generations old ticket holders which is irreplaceable.

I have already told my account manager I want to move closer to center ice. :naughty:
I share tickets with a group of friends and we are bucking the trend and upgrading our tickets next year. I really don’t like the upper bowl anymore. The seats are small and the concourse is a disaster during intermissions.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->