Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Wut? I do not have season tickets but I do not have a smart phone or anything that has an 'app'. How is regular joe blow supposed to get in the doors?

Reactions: harpoon

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
As much as I really like the printed tickets and given how much better they were for giving as gifts etc. I am ok with the change, it was only a matter of time.

Here is a great piece of advice someone gave me years ago: screenshot your tickets before you even leave your house.

I do this now for boarding passes, tickets, anything on my phone. Then you aren't relying on an app to run while you're in sketchy wifi or trying to be in a hurry. All you have to do is open your photo gallery and your tickets are right there.

As mentioned everywhere the ticketing apps already work fine offline. They purposely work offline to mitigate any connectivity problems.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
As mentioned everywhere the ticketing apps already work fine offline. They purposely work offline to mitigate any connectivity problems.
I tried to use the app once last year to test it out and the tickets wouldn't show up. I spent 5 minutes standing past security trying to get it to show up before it finally did. Customer service came over and said that it happens quite often. So I know first hand that was not the case last year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I tried to use the app once last year to test it out and the tickets wouldn't show up. I spent 5 minutes standing past security trying to get it to show up before it finally did. Customer service came over and said that it happens quite often. So I know first hand that was not the case last year.

Your tickets have to be preloaded onto the app when you ARE online either at home or with reliable coverage. Once the event and tickets are on the app it works offline. Never had a problem with this through ticketmaster on any of our phones.

What is required however is to have the latest update of the APP in question. Not having the most recent update can create complications. When accessing the App I find it better to select offline. That way the tickets just load from the memory as they are already on there. If you try to to load from the massively loaded wifi at Rogers its increasing chances of taking a long time to load or even timeouts. if that occurs Just close, attempt to open APP again and when it prompts select offline.

The key is to work it all out BEFORE you go to the event and to even test how its working offline.

Any event I've been to through ticketmaster has run smoothly. If this is a specific difficulty with the Rogers App it should be reported again to them.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Wut? I do not have season tickets but I do not have a smart phone or anything that has an 'app'. How is regular joe blow supposed to get in the doors?
I hear you fish. This is the sort of thing that just turns me right off. All the convenience and savings for the organization at the expense of the same for the fan. Oh, and they get to cloak themselves in the 'environmentally conscious' mantle while they're at it. Complete bullshit. And no, I don't want your stupid app on my phone.
This is 100% to cut into resale market like StubHub. Anything else is just smoke being blown by the Oilers.
Yup. This too.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
This is 100% to cut into resale market like StubHub. Anything else is just smoke being blown by the Oilers.

Partially, though I think it is more about cutting costs and moving people towards their resale market, so that they get a cut. There real concerted effort to cut the resale market involves them playing crappy hockey.

Honestly, I am not sure that makes you a regular joe blow anymore. That said, here are their notes on the matter:

Q: CAN I ACCESS TICKETS AND ENTER ROGERS PLACE IF I DON’T OWN A SMARTPHONE?

A: Yes, for those who do not own a smartphone, you are still able to send and receive ticket transfers on any computer or tablet.
For access into Rogers Place, you may enter Rogers Place with the person/people you are attending with presuming they do have a smartphone.
If no one in your party has a smartphone, upon arrival please visit the Rogers Place Box Office located in Ford Hall with government issued photo ID and ticket confirmation number (if applicable) for assistance.
If you are an Oilers or Oil Kings Season Seat Holder, your Season Seat Card will be your most convenient way to access your tickets.

Opening night is going to be a gong show.

It is already a gong show and will continue to be a gong show as long as they keep gates closed and use less door staff than when they first opened.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Not sure what the big deal is, add them to your wallet on your phone, done, takes about .5 of a second and you can pull them up any time by just double clicking your home button.

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
Anyone else find it surprising that it looks like there are still tons of Power Packs available, for various price points?...(not to mention the fact they bypassed the whole “lottery” system this year?) ..I wonder if the huge letdown of missing the playoffs last year after the high of the previous year finally took a toll on the fan base...

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Anyone else find it surprising that it looks like there are still tons of Power Packs available, for various price points?...(not to mention the fact they bypassed the whole “lottery” system this year?) ..I wonder if the huge letdown of missing the playoffs last year after the high of the previous year finally took a toll on the fan base...

Combine a non-playoff team with the price jump in the new building and I am quite sure it did.

Reactions: G Unit

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I mentioned this earlier, not even a lottery this year. packs still available.

This is also a product of am arena build that essentially has few cheap seats that are marketable for such a minipack sale. At Rexall Gallery seats were popular pack options as I recall, were at least more affordable. As were other cheap seats at Rexall.

These ones start out at 75bucks/per ticket.

The other thing of course that is realized is that Resales much of last season were going for less than individual ticket prices. Why spend 75 in advance when you can spend 30-60 bucks around the time of the event.

A couple years into the new Arena and demand for Oilers tickets is imploding. For most people they just laugh at how much these tickets cost.

None of this is surprising, I predicted all of it.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

This is also a product of am arena build that essentially has few cheap seats that are marketable for such a minipack sale. At Rexall Gallery seats were popular pack options as I recall, were at least more affordable. As were other cheap seats at Rexall.

The other thing of course that is realized is that Resales much of last season were going for less than individual ticket prices. Why spend 75 in advance when you can spend 30-60 bucks around the time of the event.

A couple years into the new Arena and demand for Oilers tickets is imploding. For most people they just laugh at how much these tickets cost.

Demand for tickets would have imploded years ago if not for the anticipation of the new arena opening. The Oilers rode that anticipation for years as tickets have been grossly overpriced for a decade. The novelty of the arena started wearing off last season already. I’d be curious to know if they’re still smug about the size of their waiting list. The Oilers are going to need to start putting a winning product on the ice to keep fans interested in paying those prices to fill the building. They haven’t had that kind of pressure in the organization in a very long time.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017

On this note, the Oilers lottery pack and its website is a joke. You try to get a pack that is $700, and for some reason its $900 when you got to the seats. And then you cant pick your seats like you can ordinarily (ie hover the pointer over a section which will then show you available seats), instead it gives you the seats and if you dont like them , you have to refresh (which for me , never worked, I just kept on getting the same seats).
The organization & their professionalism is a joke.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
On this note, the Oilers lottery pack and its website is a joke. You try to get a pack that is $700, and for some reason its $900 when you got to the seats. And then you cant pick your seats like you can ordinarily (ie hover the pointer over a section which will then show you available seats), instead it gives you the seats and if you dont like them , you have to refresh (which for me , never worked, I just kept on getting the same seats).
The organization & their professionalism is a joke.

This is a complication between ticketmaster and Rogers/Oilers. Ticketmaster will let you select tickets if many tickets are available. If not it often resorts to a simply getting tickets assigned and so that you can't pick. To me that sucks and as much as the system is supposed to deliver best tickets available it doesn't. For this joke Ticketmaster service adds on to the ticket price plus surcharges.

So the 700Buck package after all surcharges and levy costs 900bucks? Wow, that is crazy.
Demand for tickets would have imploded years ago if not for the anticipation of the new arena opening. The Oilers rode that anticipation for years as tickets have been grossly overpriced for a decade. The novelty of the arena started wearing off last season already. I’d be curious to know if they’re still smug about the size of their waiting list. The Oilers are going to need to start putting a winning product on the ice to keep fans interested in paying those prices to fill the building. They haven’t had that kind of pressure in the organization in a very long time.

Two things, Connor McDavid, new Arena anticipation. Without which demand would have imploded years ago as you say. Both unfortunately have empowered an org to continue to be incompetent.

Yep, you are right. The last time the Oilers were pressured into improving the product it made the difference between a 93-94 era team that was pathetic to one that made the playoffs and was competitive in 96 and made the playoffs in 97, 98 and had memorable playoffs. The org got serious about the product for a little while there. Then around 2001 started going south again.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
Anyone grab anything today in the presale? I got 3 in a row in the cheap seats for both Calgary games, Boston, and the Winnipeg NYE game. About $85 a ticket.

Rkhtsen

Jan 15, 2016
Anyone else notice your season holder ticket prices are more expensive than retail on some games? As a season ticket holder, I would expect my ticket prices are lower than what the public can get it for but that's not the case. For example, Colorado Avs game on Nov 11. I pay $96.26 and retail is $96.

I know it's only 26 cents but it really lowers the benefit of being a season ticket holder.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Anyone else notice your season holder ticket prices are more expensive than retail on some games? As a season ticket holder, I would expect my ticket prices are lower than what the public can get it for but that's not the case. For example, Colorado Avs game on Nov 11. I pay $96.26 and retail is $96.

I know it's only 26 cents but it really lowers the benefit of being a season ticket holder.

Ridiculous by the Oilers. We need to complain to the team about this.

It tells you that the demand has dropped considerably. Going to be some empty seats this year if they get off to a slow start.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It appears that ticket prices have dropped since STH sales and Power pack sales. Games are going for as low as 58dollars on individual ticket sales but were minimum 75bucks even in the power pack sales.

Seems as if management just decided to fire sale these quick to avoid the embarrassment and new precedent of non sellouts. I would be pissed if I bought packs or STH.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
It tells you that the demand has dropped considerably. Going to be some empty seats this year if they get off to a slow start.

We've been saying this for over a decade, we are suckers in Edmonton. :help:

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

I bought a pack about 3 years ago, worst decision I ever made, had I waited to closer to the game could have got the tickets about $50 cheaper per seat. So last year I didn’t buy a pack but bought about 5 games off various season ticket holders before the season, paid the “premium” price for the Montreal game at Christmas and another game I wanted to go to. Obviously the oilers sucked and again at the time of the game I had way overpaid. So this year I’m going to wait to closer to the games to buy seats that come up, by far the cheapest option. I don’t expect the oilers to be world beaters either so that will further hamper price

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I bought a pack about 3 years ago, worst decision I ever made, had I waited to closer to the game could have got the tickets about $50 cheaper per seat. So last year I didn’t buy a pack but bought about 5 games off various season ticket holders before the season, paid the “premium” price for the Montreal game at Christmas and another game I wanted to go to. Obviously the oilers sucked and again at the time of the game I had way overpaid. So this year I’m going to wait to closer to the games to buy seats that come up, by far the cheapest option. I don’t expect the oilers to be world beaters either so that will further hamper price

I bought 3 power packs for the last season in Rexall. I went to the home opener, Sather retirement night and the last game. 3 of the games were preseason, ( don't know why those are in power packs) and the other 6 games I couldn't even give away. I would have saved a lot of money just buying individual tickets.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Anyone grab anything today in the presale? I got 3 in a row in the cheap seats for both Calgary games, Boston, and the Winnipeg NYE game. About $85 a ticket.

I'm plannng to come back home for Christmas which will be my first winter in 10 years and was a bit surprised with the inflation of ticket prices since then. I obviously expected a healthy increase but to get the same-ish seats I sat in 10 years ago I have to pretty much double

Last edited:

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
Question about Oiler Bucks, they say we can use them at the team store at the arena.
Did anyone use them to buy large items. I want to buy 2 jerseys.
Wondering if they will have any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad