Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
From Wikipedia

"In January 2012, he sold Drug Trading Co. and Medicine Shoppe Canada to the U.S.-based drug distributor McKesson Corporation for $1.2 billion. Katz Group retained its network of approximately 460 corporate-owned 450 Rexall-branded outlets.[4]"

OK, looks like he sold in 2016. In that case, you only need to hit Katz by boycotting the hockey team and events at Rexall.

Oct 15, 2008
The Oilers don’t play at Rexall anymore.
giphy.gif

joeyboy15

Jul 5, 2015
We are getting absolutley pummelled this year. We have a pair in section 127 row 30. Our cost is around $115 per game each. This Saturday I sold our pair for the Sharks game for $80. Face value on Ticketmaster was roughly $300 for that game. We made most of the games for the first 3 months but were constantly checking ticket prices an hour before the game and saw that we could basically sit anywhere in our end of the ice for roughly 1/2 to 3/4 of our base cost.

Emailed our rep and got the standard “perks” of being a STH email. These perks are nothing if the ticket we paid for are worth a fraction of the cost on the open market. We will be looking into relocating seats, but depending how the rest of the year plays out, could just as easily give them up.

It felt good to vent on the recent survey but doubt that will do any good. We will only see another 2% increase and another 5% on the ticketmaster resale fees. Unreal.

Reactions: Aerrol and Nonamee

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Would people be happy with A 5% rollback on STH prices??? Would you be more inclined to renew if that happened, or are you just out.

I’m out, but I think a rollback would show some good faith from organization.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
We are getting absolutley pummelled this year. We have a pair in section 127 row 30. Our cost is around $115 per game each. This Saturday I sold our pair for the Sharks game for $80. Face value on Ticketmaster was roughly $300 for that game. We made most of the games for the first 3 months but were constantly checking ticket prices an hour before the game and saw that we could basically sit anywhere in our end of the ice for roughly 1/2 to 3/4 of our base cost.

Emailed our rep and got the standard “perks” of being a STH email. These perks are nothing if the ticket we paid for are worth a fraction of the cost on the open market. We will be looking into relocating seats, but depending how the rest of the year plays out, could just as easily give them up.

It felt good to vent on the recent survey but doubt that will do any good. We will only see another 2% increase and another 5% on the ticketmaster resale fees. Unreal.

What perks did the rep talk about? There's barely any worth mentioning. Autograph and photo days aren't worth much when you can't get the player you want. We're essentially paying for those perks through losses on ticket sales.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Would people be happy with A 5% rollback on STH prices??? Would you be more inclined to renew if that happened, or are you just out.

Highly doubt Katz would do that best case is he just doesn’t raise prices for next year in good faith but maybe make parking free at the games lol

mullet

Aug 2, 2005
Ticket prices should align to performance and a 5% cut won't do it. We are bottom 5 in league and our prices for gate and concession are top 3. Need to align prices to non-traditional hockey market to even entertain the thought of renewal at this point or perhaps and option to pay as you go so you can opt in or out based on performance with surplus going to open market.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

My mind would only be changed with a 15-20% reduction and the ticket exchange fees back to 10% seller 10% buyer. This being completely unrealistic despite actually representing the supply and demand correction, I'm out.

Reactions: Aerrol

joeyboy15

Jul 5, 2015
What perks did the rep talk about? There's barely any worth mentioning. Autograph and photo days aren't worth much when you can't get the player you want. We're essentially paying for those perks through losses on ticket sales.

Yeah, just the basic events like the autograph session, the family skate at Rogers, Oiler bucks etc.

lazyriver

Jan 1, 2019
My mind would only be changed with a 15-20% reduction and the ticket exchange fees back to 10% seller 10% buyer. This being completely unrealistic despite actually representing the supply and demand correction, I'm out.
Don't blame you a bit, we feel the same. At 20% drop in tickets we might have considered renewing but everyone knows thats not realistic. They Org will probably try to stay within a 2% increase and then pat themselves on the back believing they did everyone a favour. I feel for some of the players as I'm sure this isn't what they expected when they were drafted into the bigs. But until there is a complete changing of the guard from Nicholson down things will remain the same. Even if they make massive changes the team is so screwed up it's going to take 2-3 years just to become a playoff threat and we are tired of funding it, so we are out.

Reactions: Aerrol

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Can hardly wait to scoop up some drink rail seats for about 50% discount!

heh, those are my favorite seats. Its one thing they got right in the arena. Sit in those and you feel like its luxury seating without the luxury pricing. With the curtains behind you can almost feel like box seats. Great seats for Concerts.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
heh, those are my favorite seats. Its one thing they got right in the arena. Sit in those and you feel like its luxury seating without the luxury pricing. With the curtains behind you can almost feel like box seats. Great seats for Concerts.
Yup, we've sat in them for 2 games this year and after you've sat there, really hard to go into the regulars. Should be able to get some dirt cheap ones soon. Going to have to try to get them for a concert and see what that is like. So glad we gave up our ST's this year, only regret is that we didn't do it last year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->