Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by Mcjesus88, Jul 7, 2018.

1. madmutter

madmutter Fire them all

There’s a reserve of tickets for the visiting team and the unused remainder of it is released on game day. That’s why there are almost always last minute tickets even for the most premium games. Sometimes it’s only a few pairs and singles but the number has more to do with Edmonton connections on the visiting team than anything.

2. Fixed to Ruin

Fixed to Ruin Come wit it now!

... and to add to his real estate portfolio with the ice district.

3. lazyriver

lazyriver Registered User

So I filled out the survey sent to STH yesterday. Most of it had to do with the experience at Rogers Place, food & drink, hosts, cleanliness, washrooms etc. A few questions on how we felt about where the team is now, do we feel they are better than this time last year and so on. How likely are we to renew our seats. I found it interesting that they specifically asked about the loge seats. Is there any chance we would be interested in them, do we think @ $16,500 per seat do we think it's good value? It sounds like they have a bunch of loge seats coming free and are focused on getting them sold. The survey takes about 20 minutes and overall I gave them a 2 out of 5 for satisfaction with everything. Was able to write plenty of comments and didn't hold back. Also made it clear that we would not be renewing after 12 years of dedicated STH. I doubt we even hear back from them.

4. Ck1

Ck1 Registered User

Haha they will say you were the winner of the jersey and try winning you back that way. Been a season seat holder for 20 yrs now and this is the first time I really blasted them in the comment section. And it felt good

Bryanbryoil likes this.
  5. lazyriver

Yeah I saw the draw for the McDavid autographed stick and declined to enter the draw. You're right though, it felt really good to give them a piece of my mind.

Bryanbryoil likes this.
  6. McLotto 97

McLotto 97 Believe in 13.5%

The questions you received were for your seats. All my questions were about the lower bowl end seats. Do you think $6250 per seat is fair value?-blah blah blah

Asked them in the comment section how allowing Nicholson to select the new GM is the right move. "The new GM will fit into the oiler culture" UMmm what-losing.......get rid of everyone Katz and start over. Or preferably sell the team to someone that wants a professional hockey team and not a place to hang out with your childhood idols..

Dont suppose i will hear back from them after posting this in the comments section

7. Stoneman89

Stoneman89 Registered User

You will likely get a call from someone from their marketing department confirming your non-renewal decision and that is it. It's what they did with myself last year when we cancelled our tickets. Not one question or concern asking why.

Bryanbryoil likes this.
  8. Stoneman89

Yup, I'd put money on that. lol.

9. lazyriver

That's strange as it asked at the beginning where our seats are. We indicated they are club lower bowl yet all they asked about was the loge seats. Must think we are so excited about the team that we're going to move up!

10. Simby

Simby Registered User

Did not receive this STH survey

11. Stoneman89

Apparently you didn't buy enough beer, so you've been blacklisted with zero chance at expressing your opinion.

12. Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl Civilized Worm

The people you are blasting are just poorly paid reps that end up reading these comments and they could probably care less. This org just lays a chum trail in the water and the only thing they care about is that there are replies and participation in what passes as their version of process. They will write up the results of that however they care. Its a pretend exercise in consultation. Basically so they can say in reports and audits that they do that.

Do people think this org is ACTUALLY amenable to feedback?

They aren't even amenable to people that are saying outright that they are cancelling STH, as per citations in thread and elsewhere online. Lots of people are cancelling. Few are even being questioned about it or attempts made to resolve their concerns.

Yelp reviews elicit more concern and response from businesses and establishments.

Maybe people should write more Yelp reviews on the Oilers. I'm kind of joking but..

haha, I'll link just for humor. A lot of positive reviews, not a lot of current ones. One poster just satire the org and somehow the rating is 5 stars heh

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/edmonton-oilers-edmonton

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    ThreeOfAPerfectPair likes this.
  13. 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg Flames came this close to the Cup... Sponsor

None
    I think the survey is sent out at different times. I had a survey sent to me about 15-20 games ago. I blasted them then about the on ice product and the OBC involvement in the team.

They would be catastrophically tone deaf to not pay attention to the STH outrage that is happening right now. Chia was canned now catering to the outrage I believe. They didn’t go far enough and must fire MacTavish and Howson along with Sutter at the very least.

14. ThePhoenixx

ThePhoenixx Registered User

The old gang are trying their old tricks.

Man, if I was good at editing vids this is one I could have fun with...

15. NucksRuleYep

NucksRuleYep Registered User

Ticket prices seem to be hitting crazy lows. I guess people have officially given up. I would be surprised if they even get 50% renewals next year. I think Oilers organization is in for a big shock.

16. hawks889

hawks889 Registered User

as long as there waiting list can refill the dropped renewals, then it doesnt really matter

17. ThreeOfAPerfectPair

ThreeOfAPerfectPair Registered User

Season ticket's aren't economical anymore. You can get games for 50% off on the secondary market.

Aerrol likes this.
  18. T-Funk

T-Funk Registered User

I think the entire waitlist will be offered tickets this year. The list won't go to zero because there's a lot of people very picky with the seats they want, but the rink could have unsold seats.

Aerrol likes this.
  19. Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil English is Overrated, I Score Goals

And how many on the wait list are chomping at the bit to pay big $ to watch this crap? At least some of them are going to say no thanks IMO.

20. Beerad

Beerad Registered User

Sales
    Everyone on the list was able to get tickets this season. There’ll be more empty seats next season.

Aerrol likes this.
  21. McShogun99

McShogun99 Registered User

I've been offered season tickets every year since 2015 even though I started at around 3000 on the list. I won't get any until a pair of upper level drink rails become available.

22. yababy

yababy Registered User

You want to hit Katz where it hurts? Boycott the Oilers AND Rexall

23. rboomercat90

rboomercat90 Registered User

Katz doesn’t own Rexall anymore.

24. yababy

yababy Registered User

From Wikipedia

"In January 2012, he sold Drug Trading Co. and Medicine Shoppe Canada to the U.S.-based drug distributor McKesson Corporation for $1.2 billion. Katz Group retained its network of approximately 460 corporate-owned 450 Rexall-branded outlets.[4]"

25. rboomercat90

rboomercat90 Registered User

He sold Rexall in 2016.

5 Mins 4 Ftg likes this.